What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I like Sami, good player, needs a bit of work on him, but a terrific try scoring record in every grade he has played.
Depth is depth, and calling on the likes of Mitch Brown and Sami is a lot better than what we have been calling on in recent years.

BTW, good call on Bird, I was told he had done some things that made the club think he was joining the Panthers.

Still a few more signings in the pipe line, I have heard there are possibly 3 more Dragons to come, a few more prospects and the chase for a half back is well and truely on.

Cheers mate. I don't get much mail but when I do I'm happy to share.

Is Aiden seizer the half we are chasing?

Card Shark

Immortal
Still a few more signings in the pipe line, I have heard there are possibly 3 more Dragons to come, a few more prospects and the chase for a half back is well and truely on.

May that include some players that are actually under contract next year?

Hunt, A Reynolds??

amcoglory

Juniors
[

Still a few more signings in the pipe line, I have heard there are possibly 3 more Dragons to come, a few more prospects and the chase for a half back is well and truely on.[/QUOTE]

with comments like that I really get a bad feeling price is coming

Craigshark

First Grade
I like Sami, good player, needs a bit of work on him, but a terrific try scoring record in every grade he has played.
Depth is depth, and calling on the likes of Mitch Brown and Sami is a lot better than what we have been calling on in recent years.

BTW, good call on Bird, I was told he had done some things that made the club think he was joining the Panthers.

Chase Stanley?

Hope not.

Matty_C

Juniors
Thanks for the good news gents! Always look to see CB4 and snoop on the ball:)

Finally some positive news:)

CB4, what's the go with Clarke (sharks 5/8 on NYC) I think he has the goods too

bluefox1968

Juniors
Connor Tracy - according to the Sharks website is 18. Birthday - June 1996.
He is also listed as 185 cm tall and 87 kg - so pretty big for a half - that's more of a five-eighth's build in my books, but maybe times have changed!

Weaponhead

Coach
Connor Tracy - according to the Sharks website is 18. Birthday - June 1996.
He is also listed as 185 cm tall and 87 kg - so pretty big for a half - that's more of a five-eighth's build in my books, but maybe times have changed!

It's great that he had some size. He is sharp off the mark and can tackle. Biggest issue for young halves is getting spotted in the defensive line. When he fills out he might end up 95kg. It will help him at NRL level.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/a-video-of-qld-schoolboy-prodigy-kalyn-ponga-has-become-an-online-sensation/story-fni3g8pa-1227064204957

the smart clubs recruit from far and wide

this kid is a genius

wait till they grind the natural footballing ability out of him with one out attack and grapple tackles, welcome to the nrl son! :roll:

It's a major problem at the club and has been for many years. I nearly fell over when we signed Alipate Ratini. Its scouting for players like that which is paramount for the club. I'm not sure who found him but it was a step in the right direction. Low risk investment that potentially pays huge dividends

southland

Juniors
It's a major problem at the club and has been for many years. I nearly fell over when we signed Alipate Ratini. Its scouting for players like that which is paramount for the club. I'm not sure who found him but it was a step in the right direction. Low risk investment that potentially pays huge dividends

How far away is Ratu Ratini from being looked at for our 1sts back line? He is fast and has that mega fend. He looks the goods..

southland

Juniors
If Ratu is Alipate , he is a long way from being looked at for our back line. Last spotted in Fiji.

Why wouldn't you! Play footy, eat fresh coconuts, catch fish... Island life...

As for the .7 dilemma, if Eels are chasing DCE why not chase Sandow?

amcoglory

Juniors
id take sandow in a flash. he can be a bi hot and cold but has a huge kicking game and can set up the play and is miles better than robo

webShark

id take sandow in a flash. he can be a bi hot and cold but has a huge kicking game and can set up the play and is miles better than robo

^Totally Agree.

But no chance. Far too unstructured for Flanno. We would take all his weapons out of his game. Hunt would suit us more.

If I was Parra, I would keep Sandow. Surely , with players leaving Manly they will come up with enough to keep DCE? Or have rifts been created that cannot be solved? Personally,
I would keep DCE any day over an Aging Watmough and Stewart. Manly dodged a bullet if escape paying 900k for another year of Watmough. Willing second rowers easier to find than World Class Half Backs.