What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

If we have Farrell we have some competition in the backline in first time in years.

Still no halves signing, so in trials lets try 6.Bird, 7.Brown

webShark

Still no halves signing, so in trials lets try 6.Bird, 7.Brown

Ben Hunt resigning for the Broncs means they won't be after DCE. Parra said to be interested. DCE is the man to build your entire back line around. Let's position ourselves to throw a huge offer at him. No more wasting cap on nuffies like Holdsworth ,Ayshford , possibly Keating. Won't happen cos surely Manly will make him a great offer. Not too bad for Manly. All their fading stars pressing to leave. That means they can retain DCE and Foran.

chewsta

First Grade
I would try Tom Humble over Robbo.

I love Robbos guts, but not his kicking.

Ide rather Tom Hanks over Robbo.

Ive mentioned it before but I think we will see a fair bit of Taumata from the Jets in 2015. as long as he behaves himself he would be the best half at the club easily.

cb4

First Grade
I'd say C...both.

I think flanno has lost the trust of many in the rugby league community as a whole

Not true at all, we have missed out on players because they actually haven't been able to negotiate with Flanno.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Not true at all, we have missed out on players because they actually haven't been able to negotiate with Flanno.

Not doubting that one bit just saying its hard to attract players to a club that has a coach with a pretty well known past of neglect.

SharkShocked

Bench
Let's just wait and see how the club approaches 2015 from a public relations point of view.

I'm not renewing my season tickets for the first time in 7 years, mostly due to affordability and changed life circumstances. But if the same level of disdain for the rusted on supporters rears it's head next year as it did this, let's see how that membership total goes.

cb4

First Grade
Not doubting that one bit just saying its hard to attract players to a club that has a coach with a pretty well known past of neglect.

It's also hard to attract players when the coach can't speak to them.

Seriously, when Flanno returns this will be forgotten quickers than who the runner up in the 1985 grand final was.

webShark

Seriously, when Flanno returns this will be forgotten quickers than who the runner up in the 1985 grand final was.

Maybe CB. But their agents will be reminding them where we are in the list of potential premiers! Realistically Kris Keating is a Sharks type of guy. I am still laughing at us approaching Mitchell Pearce. Was it on April 1st?

There is not a single established quality NRL player who would join us unless not wanted or we pay overs. I doubt there are any available, unsigned game breakers waiting for Supercoach to be available to speak to. Kris Keating will be. Guess what, he doesn't have a queue of interested clubs.

What's Flanno going to say? Come here and look at the Gym I got on EBAY?

Even an old Willie Mason would be our marquee from here on in. I can't see the hype in Dylan Farrell either. Farrell not wanted by Souths when players like Champion and Goodwin were getting a run.

Stick Farrell,Brown and Keating into our backline. Wow/Woe

Quigs

Immortal

I also agree with this Cb4. If we knock up a few early wins next year it will be nothing but crickets.

You watch the Rorters with the inclusion of Fathead and his return to the NRL. Watch Russell The Wacker Packer with the Pennies. It will be a Fluffathon in early 2015.

cb4

First Grade
Maybe CB. But their agents will be reminding them where we are in the list of potential premiers! Realistically Kris Keating is a Sharks type of guy. I am still laughing at us approaching Mitchell Pearce. Was it on April 1st?

There is not a single established quality NRL player who would join us unless not wanted or we pay overs. I doubt there are any available, unsigned game breakers waiting for Supercoach to be available to speak to. Kris Keating will be. Guess what, he doesn't have a queue of interested clubs.

What's Flanno going to say? Come here and look at the Gym I got on EBAY?

Even an old Willie Mason would be our marquee from here on in. I can't see the hype in Dylan Farrell either. Farrell not wanted by Souths when players like Champion and Goodwin were getting a run.

Stick Farrell,Brown and Keating into our backline. Wow/Woe

You are a pessimist, I will give you that much.

As for agents, there are 14 other teams that will be on the premiership list, remember there is only one premier every year.

Mason would not be our marquee signing, and we haven't gone in for him. Ennis is at the moment. As for Keating, he has offers better than ours, thats why he hasn't signed.

Farrell knocked back Souths offer to move closer to home, the very same reason he knocked them back for a return as he is happy in Wollongong. I am personally hoping we get him as he is a defensively sound centre.

You can cry and bitch all you want, and you are good at it mate, but unless you put your hand up to coach the side, stfu up for a little while and enjoy the off season, you are becoming a broken record now.

Card Shark

Immortal

Well isn't that a f**ked situation.

What is the real reason he's still suspended?

His fault, the club's fault or the NRL playing tougher?

cb4

First Grade
Well isn't that a f**ked situation.

What is the real reason he's still suspended?

His fault, the club's fault or the NRL playing tougher?

No one knows the real truth mate, the NRL said it was because we re-signed him, but they rubber stamped the deal. Seems a bit fishy.

My info is Flanno completed everything asked of him in terms of development and training.
He also sat in with leading AFL coaches/staff to get more of an in sight on how to handle different avenues of coaching.

It seems like the NRL made goal posts, then moved them slightly until after the grand final. As a non betting man, I would wager on him being back in time for the pre season.

webShark

You are a pessimist, I will give you that much.

As for agents, there are 14 other teams that will be on the premiership list, remember there is only one premier every year.

Mason would not be our marquee signing, and we haven't gone in for him. Ennis is at the moment. As for Keating, he has offers better than ours, thats why he hasn't signed.

Farrell knocked back Souths offer to move closer to home, the very same reason he knocked them back for a return as he is happy in Wollongong. I am personally hoping we get him as he is a defensively sound centre.

You can cry and bitch all you want, and you are good at it mate, but unless you put your hand up to coach the side, stfu up for a little while and enjoy the off season, you are becoming a broken record now.
It's alright recruiting Keating as a backup if you have JT or DCE. If you have Brown,Robbo and Holdsworth the last thing you need is Keating. CB , remember it is not the pessimists who brought in peptides. You said players won't come as they can't speak to the coach. So Flanno and the club knowingly flaunt him coming back. Great work.

The best thing the club has done is appoint the Swans consultants. That should see things change gradually. You alluded to the club see Connor Tracey as the future etc. I respect that and see you said it would strain the fans patience. Well it has. Not just me. He must be some superstar. Tyrone was a lower grades superstar and Lichaa a 2 year junior origin hooker. Both punted. We better get good quick. Hard for Connor to excel in an average side. My last end of season rant is coming. Luke Brooks! Rookie of the year. Even more hyped than Lichaa. I will go on record saying he is massively overated. Only talk so far.

Until we finish top 2 , us pessimists have a right to whinge. Only the Titans can rival us.

I say bring back the AMCO Cup.

By the way, listing good players we are interested in or made offers to means squat. Salford in the UK have made genuine bids for the likes of SBW. They even have proper money.

I like your posts in general as they give valuable insight on player targets. I often agree with you. Not on Ennis though. He is not going to transform us. More likely to drag us into the grind, make us unwatchable and unliked. Hindmarsh should have smashed him years ago.

A marquee is the likes of GI or DCE. Not some unpopular ,past his best 31 year old looking for an easy last 2 years. You and the other 3k can watch us next year from the empty sponsors box.

See you next year.

cb4

First Grade
Salford in the U.K are bank rolled by a billionaire.

Want to know something. He made a genuine attempt to land J.T and got laughed at.
He made a genuine attempt at SBW and got laughed at. A guy with "real money" got laughed at.
The same guy had to drag Damian Irvine into negotiations with Kevin Locke to get that deal over the line. He has a truck load of cash and a team that didn't make the play offs, so what is you point?

We made Adam Reynolds an offer of 850k a year but Adam declined as he didn't get the opportunity to speak with Flanno.
I read today that Reynolds is testing the waters as the Rabbits can't match his current offers. Funny that.
I can almost guarantee that if he gets the chance to sit with Flanno we will be in with a shot. And offering 850k, is that not real money being thrown at someone?
Or does it not count because he isn't polynesian with a hyphonated surname?

Michael as a 2 year junior hooker, good find, you know Mitch Brown played 2 years of Australian school boys yet you are writing him off. Shoe fits though, it is what you do best.

webShark

Salford in the U.K are bank rolled by a billionaire.

Want to know something. He made a genuine attempt to land J.T and got laughed at.
He made a genuine attempt at SBW and got laughed at. A guy with "real money" got laughed at.
The same guy had to drag Damian Irvine into negotiations with Kevin Locke to get that deal over the line. He has a truck load of cash and a team that didn't make the play offs, so what is you point?

We made Adam Reynolds an offer of 850k a year but Adam declined as he didn't get the opportunity to speak with Flanno.
I read today that Reynolds is testing the waters as the Rabbits can't match his current offers. Funny that.
I can almost guarantee that if he gets the chance to sit with Flanno we will be in with a shot. And offering 850k, is that not real money being thrown at someone?
Or does it not count because he isn't polynesian with a hyphonated surname?

Michael as a 2 year junior hooker, good find, you know Mitch Brown played 2 years of Australian school boys yet you are writing him off. Shoe fits though, it is what you do best.

Pleased about Reynolds. Sounds good. My point about real money you misconstrued. I meant even when money is available , no guarantee a player can be recruited. Who knows the billionaire may buy the Sharks.

With poor sponsorship, declining crowds and little prize money don't kid us we have money. The shoestring operation and EBAY Gym purchase testimony to that.

As for Mitch Brown, you are having a Reefy Dustin Cooper moment. Brown WAS a promising junior. Now he is mind numbingly average.

I bow to the optimists superior knowledge. Mitch Brown is great.

No doubt you were building up Ayshford a year ago.

You can't just sign journeymen and win the NRL. If the Dogs win, I doubt Brown will have contributed much.

Remember Hasler let both Ennis and Brown go whatever your spin on the reasons. At present,I rate the Dogs recruitment and retention over ours. That's the pessimist in me.

Let's see how Reynolds pans out. Big call if Souths let go a premiership winning local HB.

Didnt get the bit about the Polynesian with the hyphenated surname. Certainly not the Salford owner. Or am I wrong again?

I suppose it is easier to be optimistic. Strange but in the Lang era I was. Convinced we would win the comp. Chris Anderson changed my culture instead of the Sharks. Ruined a great club.

Quigs

Immortal
Just saw on News24 that Hunt has resigned with the Donks until the end of 2017.

Latest posts