What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

webShark

FoxSports reporting Martin Kennedy returning to the Roosters. We were negotiating with him for a while. No world beater. Dodged a bullet I reckon.

chewsta

First Grade
Hey CB, what are the clubs thoughts on Taumata possibly getting a promotion?
I know the merkin has baggage but the guy can play and we do need a half.
Also probably a silly question, but is it as easy as just giving a jets player a start now that Newtown are our feeder team or is there a lot more to it than just being good enough and getting a promotion to the top side?

ghoti

Bench
Also probably a silly question, but is it as easy as just giving a jets player a start now that Newtown are our feeder team or is there a lot more to it than just being good enough and getting a promotion to the top side?

Saw somewhere recently that he's signed on as a captain-coach for a club in (I think) Group 6. Long way from the NRL, doesn't seem like anyone wants to touch him.

cb4

First Grade

Newtowns players are contracted to Newtown.
If we want them, we will have to get Newtown to release them and then we sign them on a mid season deal.
As for Taumata, I don't know if he has been discussed at board room level but he should be.
I would take him before a Kris Keating type signing.

cb4

First Grade
Saw somewhere recently that he's signed on as a captain-coach for a club in (I think) Group 6. Long way from the NRL, doesn't seem like anyone wants to touch him.

Interesting, can you dig up a link?

chewsta

First Grade

Newtowns players are contracted to Newtown.
If we want them, we will have to get Newtown to release them and then we sign them on a mid season deal.
As for Taumata, I don't know if he has been discussed at board room level but he should be.
I would take him before a Kris Keating type signing.

Cool, thanks guys..
f**k imagine a ratbag like that as captain coach of a club!

chewsta

First Grade
I noticed a post on one of the sharkies FB pages from Beau Ryan saying we are in talks with Kirisome Auve (spelling??) and a potential BIG name signing is close, but not confirmed yet.

Auve would be a good signing, I was hoping we would jag him from the Snorks side a couple of years ago.

Card Shark

Immortal
I noticed a post on one of the sharkies FB pages from Beau Ryan saying we are in talks with Kirisome Auve (spelling??) and a potential BIG name signing is close

Steve Noice alluded to a couple of good signings in his goodbye notice sent out on email.

SharkShocked

Bench
Management will trumpet any signing as a good signing when they are under the pump.

Look at Doust's media release a few weeks ago with absolutely nobodies dressed up to be good news.

Supporters see through it.

Card Shark

Immortal
Management will trumpet any signing as a good signing when they are under the pump.

Look at Doust's media release a few weeks ago with absolutely nobodies dressed up to be good news.

Supporters see through it.

This is true.

If we don't have enough players signed to make up a first grade squad of 25, I suppose any signing is a good signing .

SharkShocked

Bench
"Over the next couple of weeks there will be some wonderful player signing news which will further enhance our strong existing squad."

I look forward to seeing who these 'wonderful' players are.

Latest posts