What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did we end up here?

fish eel

Immortal
lol... as Stagger and I have said, the critical talk about the club on this website is very mild compared to other parra websites. But I find it amusing that its' still apparently too much for some tender souls.

If critical talk is just saying the same stuff over and over again in different threads then this forum wins.

bartman

Immortal
Yep, there's not much on-topic posting here.... whether it's "critical" talk, people introducing red herrings to try and score debating points, or just straight out trolling people across different threads.

fish eel

Immortal
Yep, there's not much on-topic posting here.... whether it's "critical" talk, people introducing red herrings to try and score debating points, or just straight out trolling people across different threads.

Pleased to see you stay above that

Eels Dude

Coach
I was told the whole story by someone within the camp.

He resigned and is looking forward to moving to NZ at this stage to start the next chapter of his career.

If we paid him anything, we paid him till the end of this year even though he left with a few rounds to go.

This makes sense to me. There's also the fact he's taking up an assistant role at the Warriors presumably. If our club was paying him out for next year then there must have been a clause stating he couldn't work for a rival NRL club.

This makes sense to me. There's also the fact he's taking up an assistant role at the Warriors presumably. If our club was paying him out for next year then there must have been a clause stating he couldn't work for a rival NRL club.

Yep, as a few people suggested some time ago, the deed of release negotiated would have reflected what SK wanted to have the option to do in 2013. Much of the commentary on the issue was baseless hysteria (but fun in its own right i guess).

Tony Bongo

Bench
wrong website..

This is the right one for me! I've deleted my account on the other site and won't ever be returning. I'm happy to just stick to this site where I'm rarely abused by trolls and I am really enjoying the facebook community of fans as well, since people generally use their real names etc. I think the difference with this site is the fact that people have to use a genuine email address which tends to discourage most the immature fools who carry on like primary school children and set up faceless hero status behind the safety of their keyboards. It really is a shame when a few dropkicks ruin it for the rest who simply want to unite with fellow fans and follow our team.
As for Kearney he was 100%, definitely, sure as hell, no doubt about it, absolutely, unequivocally, paid out in accordance with his contract which I believe ran until the end of next year did it not?............. IMO of course ;-)

Last edited:

Bigfella

Coach
Bartman will be on here a lot more too now that he has finished with Charlotte Dawson and can concentrate on the three amigos.

As for Kearney he was 100%, definitely, sure as hell, no doubt about it, absolutely, unequivocally, paid out in accordance with his contract which I believe ran until the end of next year did it not?............. IMO of course ;-)

Being paid out 'in accordance with his contract' doesn't necessarily mean being paid the balance of the salary that would have accrued if he saw out the whole contract. I would assume that there would be explicit or implicit provision in his original contract for termination by mutual agreement on terms satisfactory to both parties....I could be wrong. Even if there was nothing in that contract, both parties are normally free to negotiate the terms of any release. Just sayin.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Being paid out 'in accordance with his contract' doesn't necessarily mean being paid the balance of the salary that would have accrued if he saw out the whole contract. I would assume that there would be explicit or implicit provision in his original contract for termination by mutual agreement on terms satisfactory to both parties....I could be wrong. Even if there was nothing in that contract, both parties are normally free to negotiate the terms of any release. Just sayin.

Only one party prematurely terminated the contract meaning the other party didn't have to settle for less - just saying.

Only one party prematurely terminated the contract meaning the other party didn't have to settle for less - just saying.

Tony, you have much better contacts than me (i.e. I have none). Which side are you suggesting unilaterally terminated the contract (this is a genuine question...not a smart arse one)? If the club just plain sacked him, then any 'no compete' clauses go right out the window. But in my experience (not football-related) these things are usually sorted by mutual agreement unless the original contract is very explicit about what happens in the event of termination. If SK just walked, specific performance is impossible to enforce.

eels81236

Bench
This is the right one for me! I've deleted my account on the other site and won't ever be returning. I'm happy to just stick to this site where I'm rarely abused by trolls and I am really enjoying the facebook community of fans as well, since people generally use their real names etc. I think the difference with this site is the fact that people have to use a genuine email address which tends to discourage most the immature fools who carry on like primary school children and set up faceless hero status behind the safety of their keyboards. It really is a shame when a few dropkicks ruin it for the rest who simply want to unite with fellow fans and follow our team.

Merkin.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Tony, you have much better contacts than me (i.e. I have none). Which side are you suggesting unilaterally terminated the contract (this is a genuine question...not a smart arse one)? If the club just plain sacked him, then any 'no compete' clauses go right out the window. But in my experience (not football-related) these things are usually sorted by mutual agreement unless the original contract is very explicit about what happens in the event of termination. If SK just walked, specific performance is impossible to enforce.

I don't believe for a second that Kearney just walked. He wants to be an NRL coach and is determined to eventually succeed. Whether he does or not is another story but I am clear what his intentions are and one thing I will give Kearney and that is that he is not a quitter!

Maroubra Eel

Coach
This just keeps getting better. Now we find out Kearney actually punted us! Hahaha
The board were looking to extend his contract and he said no f**king way lads, I'm outta here merkins!

I don't believe for a second that Kearney just walked. He wants to be an NRL coach and is determined to eventually succeed. Whether he does or not is another story but I am clear what his intentions are and one thing I will give Kearney and that is that he is not a quitter!

Sure. I'm no Kearney knocker (but fully understand why things ended when they did), and genuinely hope the bloke eventually succeeds. He behaved like a decent human being while with us, and if he gets a bit of luck who knows?

That's one statement you need not make. I don't think anyone would think otherwise.

Suity

Cheers mate. Mrs O'Speedwagon would probably beg to differ (she's fairly pissed off at having to write O'Speedwagon on every form she fills in).

More seriously....the site has enough shit stirrers...doesn't need another, so I'll leave that to others..

Latest posts