What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will Jaiman 'Dog' Lowe get?

Sugar

Bench
donkey|rope said:
not necessarily. that is regardless of what set him off and granting that it was one of the worst on field indiscretions we've seen for a while. there have been plenty of equally atrocious acts committed on the football field, just not many as stupid.
he is not contracted for next year so by the time he serves his suspension he will not be at Souths

PARRA_FAN

Coach
That was disgraceful, nows it gonna be on the front page of the paper tomorrow, not good for the game.:x

Regardless of what Delaney did, you dont king hit the someone with 6 points behind a chance to win or level up the game. I had a feeling Souths were gonna level it up, but cause of that dumb act it was obviously game over.

He should be suspended for 10 weeks minimum, or not allowed to play for Souths or any club for the rest of the reason.

If he was suspended, there's no way he should get back into first grade.

Mal Meninga

Bench
I didn't see the hit...... But I read on fox sports active news that Lowe's testicles were grabbed. Both are low acts IMO and neither should be in the game. Lowe should be given the Danny Williams treatment and Delaney the Hoppa treatment for his West Tigers antics.

Bazal

Post Whore
Ooookkk....Give Delaney six for getting knocked the f**k out...makes sense

donkey|rope

Juniors
Bazal said:
Remember, though, that on top of all that he flattened a guy who is mates with his coach...
well, maybe. a key thing here will be how long lowe has to run on his contract, if it expires his year - okay - he may be done. on the other hand if he has a bit of mileage, he stays. i say this (leaving out the ‘why’ component of the whole incident) because:
a) i think russel and peter will offer him the opportunity to seek redemption, in fact i’m sure redemption would have to be rusty’s middle name.
b) i'd find it hard to believe that jt would see that lowe never plays 1st grade again just because he hit his mate. he’d probably relegate him to the lower grades for the duration of his contract.
c) souths don’t have a whole lot of depth

however if that were to eventuate that his contract is ripped up, I'm sure it would be the choice of the entire souths franchise, rather than a coach's personal vendetta against a player - it would be in the name of discipline.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
He should be made to keep playing with this f**king rabble of a team. That would be more of a punishment than being made to sit on the sidelines for 12 weeks.

Bazal

Post Whore
donkey|rope said:
well, maybe. a key thing here will be how long lowe has to run on his contract, if it expires his year - okay - he may be done. on the other hand if he has a bit of mileage, he stays. i say this (leaving out the ‘why’ component of the whole incident) because:
a) i think russel and peter will offer him the opportunity to seek redemption, in fact i’m sure redemption would have to be rusty’s middle name.
b) i'd find it hard to believe that jt would see that lowe never plays 1st grade again just because he hit his mate. he’d probably relegate him to the lower grades for the duration of his contract.
c) souths don’t have a whole lot of depth

however if that were to eventuate that his contract is ripped up, I'm sure it would be the choice of the entire souths franchise, rather than a coach's personal vendetta against a player - it would be in the name of discipline.

True, and I may be a little biased here given Frog is a mate of mine...But I mean, not only did he king hit a guy for no reason (I don't buy the "he grabbed my privates" line), lose his side a game by doing so...but he king hit a guy his coach (boss, really) happens to know and like...it doesn't look good for him. JT is not a vengeful man by any means but he sure wouldn't be happy, and the fact Delaney is a mate doesn't help at all. That's all I'm saying

Penance

Juniors
Bazal said:
Ooookkk....Give Delaney six for getting knocked the f**k out...makes sense
Lowe is an idiot, but do you think Delaney should get nothing for grabbing someones balls? lol

Bazal

Post Whore
I'm glad you've seen conclusive evidence of that Hawkeye...where would we be without you?

TITAN1

Juniors
Your not in redfern now bro,you cant just king hit someone because you resent a tackle..
Maybe delaney called him a petrol sniffer.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I actually don't think this is anywhere near as bad as people are making out

Example- what about in the tri-nations last year when Fielden and Mason squared up. Fielden was never gonna throw one, but Mason let one fly on suspicion anyway and hit Fielden a beauty. No punishment.

In this case- there was probably provocation. Lowe clearly squared up to Delaney. He grabbed him with one hand and eyeballed him for a second or two. It wasn't like he blindsided him- it was just a classic case of taking exception to niggle or foul play by an opponent, taking him on face to face, and retaliating. Even if Delaney didn't do anything wrong, it's still evident that Lowe thought that he had, and hence approached him in the time honoured way- face to face, man to man.

If he'd thrown a weak punch and it had turned into a brawl, nothing would have come of it. But because he landed a beauty, it's the crime of the century.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Seriously, what is the definition of a "king hit"?

I take it to mean a punch thrown at an unsuspecting/undeserving opponent who doesn't see it coming.

Lowe clearly squared up to Delaney, ready to fight. Does a convincing one punch knockout automatically equate to a cheap shot?

innsaneink

Referee
Bazal said:
I'm glad you've seen conclusive evidence of that Hawkeye...where would we be without you?

JT is quoted as saying that...

JT said:
"He grabbed him on the testicles, that's what happened," a furious Taylor said post-match.

"A player doesn't just get up and punch a guy for no reason.

"It's difficult. I don't condone what he did. It was dumb but there's four minutes to go in a game and a guy does that deliberately so he can get a player to react and he reacts, there's the game.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21800206-23214,00.html

And yes...I think we get the message youre mates with someone involved...good for you, wanna medal?

TITAN1

Juniors
innsaneink said:
JT is quoted as saying that...

And yes...I think we get the message youre mates with someone involved...good for you, wanna medal?
Oh well,if JT says thats what happened,well it must have,hey?:roll:

Latest posts