What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will Jaiman 'Dog' Lowe get?

Big-Steve

Juniors
girvie said:
After what Brett Delaney did i think Jaiman should have hit him harder.
Personal opinion – there’s an awful lot of over reaction here because the punch connected and put him on the floor. It’s bit like the Williams Johns incident i.e. should the fact that he was out cold make it worse than if Williams had swung and missed?

I think the only mistake Jaiman made was reacting at a time when his team did not need it. As JT said this was an attempt by Delaney to get a reaction and disrupt Souths attack. He got the reaction – just more than he bargained for and ploberbly what he deserved. It’s safe to say that JT’s comment was more about the over reaction to what Jaiman did rather than blaming Delaney. Imagine if Delaney had tried it on earlier in the match would the hit be judged any differently?

As it is what if Jaiman had staved off the reaction got his team to golden point time and won the match should he of

1/walked off the field and said nothing
2/walked over to the ref and of made an official complaint
3/walked over to Delaney and thumped him.
PS before you all jump in on me – I’m making the assumption that Delaney DID grab Jaiman’s boys – I guess it has yet to be proven. But it has not been denied so…

God-King Dean

Immortal
:lol: at the wowsters. King hit ? They were face-to-face.

Lowe will be suspended, no doubt. But the hypocrisy is just because he threw a punch which f*cked the guy up, he will get suspended. Whereas others who have thrown the first in a fight won't even rate a mention.

juanfarkall

Coach
DeeGan said:
I know a little bit about Lowe and I don't see anything to suggest he is a thug of a player.

That little bit must not include his time with the Young Guns in the Qld Cup. He and his brother had a reputation for a certain style of play.

osg

Juniors
I'll go with 12-14 weeks......... equal to the Danny Williams incident a few years back..

Bernster

Juniors
juanfarkall said:
That little bit must not include his time with the Young Guns in the Qld Cup. He and his brother had a reputation for a certain style of play.

Ben served an 8 week suspension towards the 2005 season and missed the QLD Cup grand final as a result (I can't remember what it was for - possibly a high tackle)

Bernster

Juniors
This is from Cowboy Titan/Dgsar from other forums...

I guess that sort of play runs in the family. This is from a Young Guns game in 2005

http://www.qrl.com.au/display.php?pg_id=727

TWEED HEADS v NORTH QLD, Piggabeen Complex, Sunday 2.30pm, July 31.

NORTH Queensland prop Ben Lowe stands to miss a large portion of his club’s run through the finals after being charged with four offences from last week’s win over Ipswich.

A week after entering an early plea to a high tackle charge and escaping suspension, Lowe (pictured) has been hit with three counts of striking and one of tripping. The most serious of the offences is ungraded and sees Lowe referred straight to the judiciary. All incidents relate to play between the 55th and 75th minutes.

Coincidentally, Lowe’s older brother Jaiman returns this week after missing two matches via suspension.

This Year?

Immortal
I remember the days when a penalty would have be blown and that would have been the end of it. Lowe will probably get 3-4 weeks.

Steel Dragon

Bench
I truly hope that this is investigated further and Delaney comes under scrutiny.
Grabbing a bloke by his boys is inexcusable. It is on par with eye-gouging.

And anyone who thinks this is the same as the Danny Williams thing is kidding themselves.
O'Neill never saw it coming, which makes it alot worse.
Delaney was just too dumb to defend himself.

That being said - Lowe should cop about 4 weeks

i just saw it for the first time ... i retract my statement he shud get danny williams' suspension, the way most people are carrying on fmd i thought it was similar to williams, he looked at him and got knocked the f**k out, who wouldn't knock delaney out if he grabbed your balls, change the title of the thread, the dog act was delaney

Penance

Juniors
Hmm..

Come to Think of it..I think Jaiman Lowe would know if it was purposely done. I bet it was, cause you will know what it feels like (im sure you guys grab your own balls every so often lol)

So im not saying what Jaiman Lowe did was right, but wtf do you want him to do?

"Excuse me Teacher, he touched me down there :("

DeeGan

Bench
Penance said:
Hmm..

Come to Think of it..I think Jaiman Lowe would know if it was purposely done. I bet it was, cause you will know what it feels like (im sure you guys grab your own balls every so often lol)

So im not saying what Jaiman Lowe did was right, but wtf do you want him to do?

"Excuse me Teacher, he touched me down there :("

You're seriously not excusing Jaiman Lowe here are you?

Whether or not he was grabbed down stairs (deliberate or otherwise), his reaction cannot be excused.

"but wtf do you want him to do?"

Well as a professional rugby league player he had two choices:

1. React like he did or

2. Report the incident after the game and let the process run it's course (no clear evidence supporting his claim too by the way). Hell, he may have then given your team a chance to force this game in to over time.

Jaiman Lowes deserves a suspension for the mere stupidity of his action let alone the offence.

Thierry Henry said:
I actually don't think this is anywhere near as bad as people are making out

Example- what about in the tri-nations last year when Fielden and Mason squared up. Fielden was never gonna throw one, but Mason let one fly on suspicion anyway and hit Fielden a beauty. No punishment.

In this case- there was probably provocation. Lowe clearly squared up to Delaney. He grabbed him with one hand and eyeballed him for a second or two. It wasn't like he blindsided him- it was just a classic case of taking exception to niggle or foul play by an opponent, taking him on face to face, and retaliating. Even if Delaney didn't do anything wrong, it's still evident that Lowe thought that he had, and hence approached him in the time honoured way- face to face, man to man.

If he'd thrown a weak punch and it had turned into a brawl, nothing would have come of it. But because he landed a beauty, it's the crime of the century.

Finally someone with comon sense amongst all the drama queens, i think lowe has got a lot of guts myself.......he was pissed off and fronted a bloke face to face, rather than stomp on his hand or slip in a sly punch in a tackle

well said Thierry

delaney28507_wideweb__470x375,2.jpg

DeeGan

Bench
Frame by frame isn't clear though it will be used as evidence by Lowe's legal team.

Watch the replay, there is no clear, cut footage showing the deliberate "grab" by Brett Delaney. This was an accident interpreted as intentional by Jaiman Lowe in my opinion hence the reaction. If you make a "yes he deliberately grabbed Lowe on the balls" when watching that replay you are deluding yourself.

The footage will support the however stupidity of Lowe, 3m:18sec to go early in this attacking set of six for the Rabbitohs and he has a brain explosion ending all hope of forcing extra time for his team.

Latest posts