What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Jeremy Smith?

bottle

Coach
Onya BunniesLiar, only posted eleven minutes after the post two above you with the same info.
What would Mensa be without you?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Onya BunniesLiar, only posted eleven minutes after the post two above you with the same info.
What would Mensa be without you?
Noone else had a link to the source dickhead. LU mods have a habit of wanting things sourced.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
It's ok guys.

You can drop some bloke on his head and get five weeks, or you can shoulder-charge and knock a bloke out and get a week. But you can't come over the top and be a victim of momentum in a tackle.

He should have copped a suspension for it, but not six weeks. The judiciary is a farce.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I still think he just went with the momentum of the tackle which came about from Mullen's involvement.

Sure his arm shouldn't have been up near his head, but if there's a bloke down low, where the fk is he going to put his arm if the main aim is to get the bloke on his back to slow the play-the-ball down?

Last edited:

cleary89

Coach
Harsh, prob an extra week then it deserved. Fight it and lose, well suffer the consequences.

Raider_69

Post Whore
That's the price of doing business. Should have taken the plea. The rolled the dice and lost. 6 weeks is harsh but perhaps he will think about it next time he attempts to bash someones skull into the dirt

Rod

Bench
Someone correct if I'm wrong, but hasn't he only been suspended for a total of two weeks his whole career before this incident?

Such a grub :roll:.

Six weeks is an utter disgrace. I realise there is extra weeks because he fought the charge but that's because four weeks for that was absolute crap in the first place. I'm glad we fought it and things being fair should have got it downgraded.

But as I said, hopefully he learnt his lesson from this. The lesson is knock the bloke out with your shoulder or kick him in the face and your punishment won't be as harsh......

Snappy

Coach
he had 50% loading from a prior, and the extra two weeks for the challenge. Without that loading it would have been two weeks, which most agree would have acceptable.

Smith drops an elbow in most tackles. serial grub.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Should have taken the 4, was utter stupidity to roll the dice when a bloke goes off on a stretcher!