What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Pritchard and Kasiano?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Just when they're going flat out and someone goes to ground directly in front of them.

You can't knee someone, period. It is dangerous, it has severe consequences. Widdop is lucky he doesn't have a broken rib.

Pritchard could easily have used his body to wrap Widdop up, instead used the knee. Gets a week, good. Lucky it isn't more.

lockyno1

Post Whore
If you dive at the feet of a 120kg bloke running flat out for the ball, contact with his legs is going to be made, every time. As I said, big guys risk bans for chasing loose balls is the message here. Pretty much in line with the theme of rugby league these days, stop playing so hard.

99.99% of players don't seem to have an issue with kneeing blokes in the back. Rules are fine, stop having a whinge because Pritchard did the wrong thing!

aussie7798

First Grade
If you dive at the feet of a 120kg bloke running flat out for the ball, contact with his legs is going to be made, every time. As I said, big guys risk bans for chasing loose balls is the message here. Pretty much in line with the theme of rugby league these days, stop playing so hard.

no what you do and what almost everyone does is when you see the guy running in front of you dive onto the ball you also dive to cover him and the ball up you don't continue running and then drop your knee into his back

regardless its still the kasiano tackle that is the real issue and a total disgrace that it went uncharged could have caused serious neck and spinal injury

betcats

Referee
Frank does push the boundaries a bit so its hard to see him as innocent here. Landing on someone with knees like that cant be allowed imo. Its to easy to say "it happened to quick!" which seems to be the default excuse for every bit of foul play.

Why should someone like Widdop suffer pretty dangerous contact just because he chased hard and Frank is big and clumsy?

Last edited:

chrisD

Coach
Yeah, for sure, all Pritchard had to do in that split second was become Neo, stop time and flip upside down to remove his legs from the equation. Simple.

betcats

Referee
Yeah, for sure, all Pritchard had to do in that split second was become Neo, stop time and flip upside down to remove his legs from the equation. Simple.

How is it different to a player falling into a high shot? You hear the same excuse all the time when guys fall into it but they are still penalised. Anyway these are pro athletes and the average human can react in a split second believe it or not it doesn't take 5 seconds.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Could have easily used his belly if he had to flop onto Widdop. You are making it out as if Pritchard did nothing wrong...you can't knee someone. We had a bloke suspended for 2 weeks for throwing a bottle last week...

Danish

Referee
Pritchard didn't take any evasive action whatsoever to avoid kneeing Widdop in the back. He just dropped onto him knees first. He could have tried to leap over him to avoid contacting him with his knees but instead dropped onto him to try and affect a the tackle. He f**ked up and is getting suspended for it.

Kasiano is lucky that his tackle was on a man laying down. If he'd gone in the same way to a standing player i.e. both arms tucked and ramming into him, he'd have got some stupid shoulder charge penalty.

Danish

Referee

How about if you are a 120kg fut merkin with the turning circle of the queen mary and the stopping distance to boot, you don't enter into a footrace you are guaranteed to lose and then just drop in all knees and elbows?

The very fact that Pritchard or Kasiano's defence would be "I was out of control and couldn't avoid illegal contact" is pretty much the definition of a careless charge isn't it?

chrisD

Coach
How is it different to a player falling into a high shot?

No difference, exactly as I said, big blokes now risk getting banned if they chase a ball hard, same as a tackler also risks being banned for any tackle with force if his opponent falls at the last moment. The message is consistent at least, stop playing so hard, something might go wrong.

Could have easily used his belly if he had to flop onto Widdop.
Yeah he could have forward flipped too, he just had to hit the slow-mo button first.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yeah he could have forward flipped too, he just had to hit the slow-mo button first.

Kasiano would have if you put a Mars Bar on the try line probably :lol:

Point is though, Pritchard has options, didn't have to us the knee in any shape or form.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Stop it guys, ChrisD said it's okay so it's all good. Not like this mong has a history of supporting thugs anyway.

ek999

First Grade
How about if you are a 120kg fut merkin with the turning circle of the queen mary and the stopping distance to boot, you don't enter into a footrace you are guaranteed to lose and then just drop in all knees and elbows?

The very fact that Pritchard or Kasiano's defence would be "I was out of control and couldn't avoid illegal contact" is pretty much the definition of a careless charge isn't it?

So your solution is for players to just not compete. Sounds good to me

Abz

Juniors
it amazes me that dragons fans are still angry about this

the very fact that frank did this and gave away a penalty to the dragons almost resulted in them beating the dogs and progressing to week 2

Danish

Referee

They can compete as much as they like, they just get punished if they lose and wind up kneeing some bloke in the back or elbowing him in the head.

We penalise players all the time for losing the race to the ball. For example, an attacking player who is late to the contest for a kick and winds up running into the defender who jumped and caught it gets penalised, regardless of how much time they had to pull out of it.

Ultra competitiveness in all sports always mean increasing your risk of failure. Widdop risked serious injury by rushing and diving for that ball, but was rewarded with a penalty as he put his body on the line and won the race. If one of the fat f**ks from the dogs won the race and Widdop ended up kneeing one of them in their flabby flabby backs he'd had been penalised as well.

betcats

Referee

There is no solution. You compete as hard as you can and if you end up in a bad position you pay the price. If Pritchard didn't already have carry over points he'd be getting a slap on the wrist and not missing any games. All that being said Pritchard dropped on his knees when he probably didn't have to anyway so suck it up. You play like that and you are going to get burnt sometimes.

Last edited:

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Pritchard was bad enough but I thought Kasiano was going to detach Widdop's head in a Goro from Mortal Kombat-like fatality.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Absolute low life of a club. It's like when they tried to Headbutt Sam Burgess on his broken cheek in the 2014 grand final, and when they tried to rip Billy Slaters ear off in the 2012 grand final. They resort to these dirty tactics to win. Hey whatever it takes right? f**king scum.