What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks will Gallen get?

How many weeks for Gallen?

• Total voters

forward pass

Coach
The precedent was set when that Broncos prop (can't remember his name) put a couple on Mitch Allgoods chin recently.

He got 10 minutes - thats it !

Slackboy72

Coach
242906-gallen-gif.gif

Bretto

Bench
QLD has a licence to throw at least 3 at someone next origin without fear of getting sin binned. Can't wait lol

betcats

Referee
Not even close and you know it.

Dragons are toast. Sowie soon to be your problem and not ours and that makes me feel much better about things.

Hmm yes Sowie, it is very bittersweet watching the dragons now but I will enjoy it while I can.

isaiah

Bench
I wonder if the other guy had been purposely leading with his head, twisting knees, rubbing faces into the ground and being the biggest grub/thug for years, and then went after the boy after a tackle has been made.

Muppet! Myles got exactly what he deserved!

funny thing is it was gallen a few years ago who was the niggly grub before myles took over the throne. gallen had cleaned up his act.

firechild

First Grade
I had no problem with the biff. The swinging arm with clenched fist to a player being tackled before it was a bit rough, but par for the course with Gallen and Origin really.

Shillington was only playing last night because the MRC overlooked a swinging arm last week flush across Matai's nose. Why does it not surprise me that you weren't whinging about that? :roll:

Dazzat

First Grade
funny thing is it was gallen a few years ago who was the niggly grub before myles took over the throne. gallen had cleaned up his act.

Obviously. Only fully reformed thugs coming in with a swinging arm and then punch an opponent five times in the head.

Back in his former 'dirty' state, Gallen would have gone for a crutch grab after the fifth punch as well.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Softc**k definition
What Gallen did in Origin 1 was an act of a coward with no sense of responsibility or leadership. I've been a fan of this guy for a while now, but last night his true colours came out. There are kids out there who will believe it is ok do punch people in their game this weekend.

If Russell Packer gets fined 15k for a little piddle in his pants, then i'd suggest Gallen should be fined 150k and suspended for 10 weeks. Enough is enough. When will the authorities take a stand on this sort of thuggish behavior? It's time someone was made an example of.

betcats

Referee
When did Queensland get so f**king soft. If you weak merkins represent the majority opinion of your state I fear for the future of origin, pull your tampons out, pathetic.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm a traditionalist and purist.

Give Gallen a week for the swinging arm.

The fight, meh, call it ugly and all that by it puts bums on seats and thats what matters.

A little dust up now and then is healthy for the game. Once you make it all sterile, people abandon it quickly. Fans want to see some passion in footy, if that means the occasional blue, then so be it.

Don't like it? Go watch Union.

Myles has a very dubious technique, leading with his head. I'm not going to say its intentional because I can't seriously know, but if he continues to do it and not address it, then players and fans are going to assume it is intentional.

It just looks dopey and it's risky to the bloke he's tackling as well as to himself.

Gallen=God

Juniors
Garbler and Tommax...... Grow a bloody set!

It's State of Origin. I have never once heard either a QLD or NSW supporter complain about an origin fight so much. You both remind me of Helen Lovejoy with the Simpsons quote "Oh won't somebody please think of the children".

It was face to face, nothing else needs to be said about it. Gal will miss a week (fair) and Myles is fine with what happened. The only reason you're upset about it is because you're obviously both QLD supporters and Gal can actually box unlike anyone from your lot.

f**king man up

Izz

Bench
I did enjoy how Gallen didn't take another hit-up after the fight until Myles was warming the pine.

I also enjoyed his whining to the ref.

Feej

First Grade
What Gallen did in Origin 1 was an act of a coward with no sense of responsibility or leadership. I've been a fan of this guy for a while now, but last night his true colours came out. There are kids out there who will believe it is ok do punch people in their game this weekend.

If Russell Packer gets fined 15k for a little piddle in his pants, then i'd suggest Gallen should be fined 150k and suspended for 10 weeks. Enough is enough. When will the authorities take a stand on this sort of thuggish behavior? It's time someone was made an example of.

kid%20crying_inline.gif

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I did enjoy how Gallen didn't take another hit-up after the fight until Myles was warming the pine.

I also enjoyed his whining to the ref.

Didn't Myles go off almost immediately after he had his face pummeled in.

Tommax25

Bench
Garbler and Tommax...... Grow a bloody set!

It's State of Origin. I have never once heard either a QLD or NSW supporter complain about an origin fight so much. You both remind me of Helen Lovejoy with the Simpsons quote "Oh won't somebody please think of the children".

It was face to face, nothing else needs to be said about it. Gal will miss a week (fair) and Myles is fine with what happened. The only reason you're upset about it is because you're obviously both QLD supporters and Gal can actually box unlike anyone from your lot.

f**king man up

Don't boxers keep both hands up for both defence and attack? Only saw one pair of hands in the air in that incident.:roll:

So, just to clarify, as you think Gallen's actions were worth a week if someone does the exact same thing this weekend you'll say the same thing?

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Shillington was only playing last night because the MRC overlooked a swinging arm last week flush across Matai's nose. Why does it not surprise me that you weren't whinging about that? :roll:

Probably the same reason we never see you whinging about Matai's long string of grubby acts. :roll:

Possibly one of your most (among many) non-nonsensical posts.