What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Was Just Rejected At ANZ Stadium Homebush Tonight

Rabbits20

Immortal
Talk to a brick wall there's more chance of it understanding.
I'm not going to pretend I'm a lifelong fan, I had to pick a team and there was 4 poms in the squad so it seemed like the obvious choice.
These two won't have a bad word said against the club though.

I will.

The Arizona incident was handled poorly.

Souths were overtrained in 2015.

On Sunday Arvo's Souths should be getting more support at games.

Cockosh

Juniors
Not in R2 you didn't.

Not many Chooks supporters travelled that day.

I was busy on R26 night couldn't make it.

Me show integrity and be realistic. Like you do:roll:

You've just garbaged on about R2 when Roosters fans turned up in small numbers.

I do agree in R26 you greatly outnumbered us. The Souths turn out was poor. I know that.

Re R2 you are wrong and you know it.

I await your honesty!

I have already told you what I thought.

alien

Referee
I can read and count very well thanks. Please explain why I can't read?

because i already explained why only a certain percentage of members can get to games in sydney. i've explained it quite a few times, but some people just don't get it

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
There is no need to get defensive. I am not trying to prove easts have more members , fans or attendances, obviously we don't. You don't need to keep trying to convince me of the obvious with your annual averages. I do however however think souffs fans like to exaggerate the size and significance of both their crowds and members especially at the expense of their more successful, modern era, big brother 🙄

I am happy to admit that our core base of regular match goers is about 12,000, which is crap. What do you think is souffs core? I have it at about 13000/14000 based on my post.

My comments on members is a separate issue although I cannot understand how souffs crowd to member ratio is so far below the average of ALL other clubs.

I would gladly swap numbers but my question is still reasonable. Anyway Kudos to souffs for getting any revenue they can including pet memberships.

souffs donate thousands of memberships to Souffs cares and claim the tax deduction.

Pommy

Coach
because i already explained why only a certain percentage of members can get to games in sydney. i've explained it quite a few times, but some people just don't get it

You make out like this is only an issue for Souths. Do other clubs not have the same issues? Your using conjecture as facts and truth.
You say your a truth teller show me some truth rather than guess work. If you can't back it up it doesn't count.

ACTPanthers

Bench
You make out like this is only an issue for Souths. Do other clubs not have the same issues? Your using conjecture as facts and truth.
You say your a truth teller show me some truth rather than guess work. If you can't back it up it doesn't count.

Nah mate, only lol@souffs have the international and interstate fans... :roll:

You're pushing shit up hill mate - You won't get any sense out of these clowns.

Cockosh

Juniors
Talk to a brick wall there's more chance of it understanding.
I'm not going to pretend I'm a lifelong fan, I had to pick a team and there was 4 poms in the squad so it seemed like the obvious choice.
These two won't have a bad word said against the club though.

Sound reasoning. We all make mistakes mate but it isn't too late to change to the chooks. We even have an Englishman called Burgess joining the ranks. You know it makes sense lol.

Pommy

Coach
Sound reasoning. We all make mistakes mate but it isn't too late to change to the chooks. We even have an Englishman called Burgess joining the ranks. You know it makes sense lol.

No it's too late I could never change my team. I'm not a turncoat.
I wouldn't have a Newcastle United logo in my signature if I was haha.

Lambretta

First Grade

There are exceptions that can be made in life

If you supported the Roosters you'd have an instant gang of Aussie / Pommy lunatics to get drunk with / go to games with

In my group I am from Milton Keynes, there is a Geordie and a Mackam
We also have a Irish descendant from Bondi, an Arsenal supporting son of a Geordie from Waverley and an Italian lad from the Shire.

Cockosh

Juniors

I respect that. It was worth a try though.

Maybe I can convince Alien?

Lambretta

First Grade

Nationwide Souths are the best supported club with a large Interstate fan base and of all the clubs in the NRL they would have the largest discrepancy between membership numbers and game attendances.

You only have to look at the sheer volume that attend games in Brisbane and the Gold Coast to see that

Souths do a fabulous job with their memberships and their owners have basically said if you're not a member, you're not a fan. They actively encourage all fans to get on board even if they can't attend games. Timmah would be able to post up their ticketed and non-ticketed membership numbers and they're fairly balanced from memory.

It has been reported in the SMH that there are an estimated 200,000 Souths bumper stickers in Australia

The only clubs that could seriously match Souths in this respect are the Broncos (they have a large Sydney fanbase) and the Warriors. The Warriors for some reason don't offer a Sydney based membership. They should. If they offered tickets to say 4 away games in Sydney they would go close to doubling their membership numbers. Whenever the Warriors play the Roosters in Sydney we get a massive boost in the attendance.

So I just don't get the Souths bashing on their crowd numbers. We should applaud them for getting people to pay into the club and demonstrate their love for their team even when they can't get to games.

Cockosh

Juniors
Nationwide Souths are the best supported club with a large Interstate fan base and of all the clubs in the NRL they would have the largest discrepancy between membership numbers and game attendances.

You only have to look at the sheer volume that attend games in Brisbane and the Gold Coast to see that

Souths do a fabulous job with their memberships and their owners have basically said if you're not a member, you're not a fan. They actively encourage all fans to get on board even if they can't attend games. Timmah would be able to post up their ticketed and non-ticketed membership numbers and they're fairly balanced from memory.

It has been reported in the SMH that there are an estimated 200,000 Souths bumper stickers in Australia

The only clubs that could seriously match Souths in this respect are the Broncos (they have a large Sydney fanbase) and the Warriors. The Warriors for some reason don't offer a Sydney based membership. They should. If they offered tickets to say 4 away games in Sydney they would go close to doubling their membership numbers. Whenever the Warriors play the Roosters in Sydney we get a massive boost in the attendance.

So I just don't get the Souths bashing on their crowd numbers. We should applaud them for getting people to pay into the club and demonstrate their love for their team even when they can't get to games.

Not quite sure why you think there is Souths bashing. I have given them kudos for their member numbers and even said I would gladly swap their numbers for ours. I was simply offering a different perspective on active attendees based on logic applied to Easts crowds where the big derbies are removed from the average to leave the core number. I did the same for roosters and dogs crowds.

The only bashing would be highlighting the exaggeration of souffs fans when it comes to their home crowds in comparison to others. I pointed out that dogs have more. We chooks fans cop a bad rap because of poor crowds (and rightly so) yet their numbers aren't much better.

Souffs do memberships better than others no doubt although to be truthful I am still sceptical given how far out they are compared to all other clubs. As I said yesterday good on them for getting any additional revenue they can.

Pommy

Coach
There are exceptions that can be made in life

If you supported the Roosters you'd have an instant gang of Aussie / Pommy lunatics to get drunk with / go to games with

In my group I am from Milton Keynes, there is a Geordie and a Mackam
We also have a Irish descendant from Bondi, an Arsenal supporting son of a Geordie from Waverley and an Italian lad from the Shire.

Your not selling this at all.

Pommy

Coach

I'm not bashing them I just think the attendances are shocking NRL wide. Like you say 200,000 stickers in sydney turned in to 16,000 attendances isn't great is it.
I just don't get Souths fans knocking other groups of fans when the numbers we have is nothing to shout about at all. A club which has won the most premierships and has had the troubled past of fairly recent times should have decent members numbers. 80,000 people marched for the clubs survival yet they can only muster 16,000 the season after they win a title. I don't think it's right to be dishing shit out to any other club when that's the reality at Souths. Just my own view anyway.
I was speaking to the Warriors membership team at Darling harbour before the GF and they said they were going to try and grow the Sydney fan base as you say. I assumed it was starting this season but maybe not.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Souths have an outstanding international and interstate fan base, no one is denying that at all - But to use international and interstate fans as a reason for poor attendance, but then say other clubs can't, is stupid - No, other clubs do not have the amount of international or interstate fans that Souths do, but they do have them so the argument goes both ways (it's all about %) - Souths have GREAT membership numbers, but mediocre attendance, as do all clubs (some clubs attendance is below mediocre, Panthers for example) - To deny that is silly, IMO - But, I'll be waiting for the reply of "you're butthurt lol" or "Stop trolling!!"

alien

Referee
Your using conjecture as facts and truth.

i was using numbers/facts. that is not guess work

alien

Referee

good post