What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICC ODI World Cup Oct-Nov 2023

mozza91

Coach
Chased that comfortably. Reckon we win it from here.

We’re hitting our straps and have all 3 of the other finalists number in ODI World Cups.

Eelectrica

Referee
Still hope we win the toss and Bat against SA, I guess if we don't win the toss and have to bowl first, a chase like this will give confidence. Still the SA bowling attack is a different beast to the Bangers bowling attack.
So Patty, win the toss and bat.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
We are in not a too bad shape.
Warner - in form
Head - 1 excellent knock, 2 not so good.
Marsh - in form
Smith - maybe hit form today
Labs - not sure.
Inglis - not great but better than Carey
Maxwell - in form
Stoinplod - f**k off moit
Cummins - economical, gets wickets when needed
Starc - not really doing much
Zampa - excellent
Hazlewood - very economical

You have to choose Labs over the Stoinplod although he's not fantastic. At least Labs can field.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Pakistan equation to make the semi’s…

Chase down England’s 337 in under 40 balls…

I think we might just be favourites to make it at this point…
I guess England could theoretically continually bowl no-ball pies at Fakhar for a few overs…. but yeah I think we’ll be ok 😂

King-Gutho94

Coach
It really is set up perfectly for Australia here.

We get South Africa in the semis who will have all the pressure and mental baggage/trauma of choking on them from the past.

While we have gone 7 wins in a row with at least 1 player chipping in each game with important roles without the complete team performance.

In a way we still have the aura about us in ODI WCs. Won nearly 80% of our games and find ways to win.

While avoiding India to the last possible game. If we make it.

JJ

Immortal

When they put the word deluded in the dictionary it should just have a photo of this tweet.

An inspiration please???

They tied a WC final. Ffs and bombed out as the worst ODI WC defence of all time this time.
strange one, tbh they merely copied the Hesson/ McCullum approach, which similarly was just an evolution of earlier styles, Aust and Sri Lanka, and before that Greatbatch, Latham, Srikkanth etc etc

they won a World Cup which no doubt was inspiring

the really inspiring teams are NZ for being undermanned battlers, and Straya for dragging a few plodders to the semis

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So only 1 game of 45 to go and we move into the semis. Report card for those who didn't make it.
Pakistan: have long been reliant on Babar in the batting and he didn't have a great world cup. Realistically, were never in the race for a semi spot.
Afghanistan: were excellent and continue to improve every year unlike their women's team.
England: ended up in 7th spot but were pathetic really. Moral victors though for dad's army whose average player age is about 67.
Bangladesh: would have thought they would have won more than 2 games in Asia. End of a good era for the Tigers with a lot of their very good players on the way out.
Sri Lanka: had to go through the qualifiers to make it and it showed, they are a team definitely down the pecking order in world cricket these days.
Netherlands: last on the ladder but that isn't the true story with wins over Bangladesh and South Africa. The question is, how can the ICC build on their success? Probably by giving more money to India.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Bison bowled some shit but f**k me he made up for it with the bat

and Zampa's economy rate of 3.2 was pretty handy, he seems to be improving with each game

Fangs

Coach
Marsh/Stoin didn't do too well with the ball. Travis did alright though. Maxwell will too.

So we just need our best from the 3 pacers. Could be the last major tournament we see these three bowl together.

Starc early wickets. Haze to find the edge and Cummins returns late to finish the innings.

Fangs

Coach
It really is set up perfectly for Australia here.

We get South Africa in the semis who will have all the pressure and mental baggage/trauma of choking on them from the past.

While we have gone 7 wins in a row with at least 1 player chipping in each game with important roles without the complete team performance.

In a way we still have the aura about us in ODI WCs. Won nearly 80% of our games and find ways to win.

While avoiding India to the last possible game. If we make it.

Nobody in the world will remember how England played in the 2023 WC.

This is delusion of the highest order. A number of careers have just ended. I hope they have enough champagne for all of them.

EDIT: Wrong quote but I'm not fixing it and the point still stands.

Last edited:

Sphagnum

Coach
Whenever anyone disputes that “catches win matches” or doesn’t understand what making them pay when they drop you early in your innings means, I will refer them to the “greatest one day innings ever” videos for clarity.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Well if we are going to get beat I would rather roll the dice with Marnus then stoinplod.

This is the decision that could really screw us over. They have to get it right.

And all the common-sense in the world says pick Marnus.

So McDonald and Bailey will probably pick stoinis

Latest posts