What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICC ODI World Cup Oct-Nov 2023

JJ

Immortal
With all the attention on others, Gill averages over 60 in odis

they’re just about a world XI in themselves

TheParraboy

Staff member
Ind 0/64
7 overs

Not sure this is good for Team India heading into a semi final against a wiley opponent..

TheParraboy

Staff member
With all the attention on others, Gill averages over 60 in odis

they’re just about a world XI in themselves

Question will be asked if India win this WC undefeated

Is this Indian side better than the undefeated 2003 aussie side?

JJ

Immortal

Dunno, but this is indeed a wonderful side, that said the best team doesn’t always win the World Cup, India’s first win was the most stark example of that …

they’ll take sone beating though, no mistake

King-Gutho94

Coach

I don't think so

I look at the quality of the 2003 World Cup.

India were a damn good side with Tendulkar at his peak, Ganguly, Sehwag, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Harbhajan.

Australia humiliated them twice in that tournament both games weren't even contests really.

Australia put the cleaners through Sri Lanka as well multiple times. They had a decent ODI side with Vaas, Murali, Sangakarra, Jayasuriya, Jayawardene

There 2 games where they off were in Port Elizabeth against England and New Zealand they were in trouble but still won.

Compared to this world cup other teams just ain't at a high enough standard.

I still think South Africa for example are a good side but not an elite side. Like I reckon they have had better sides in previous world cups then this one but performed better and benefited by teams sending them in to bat.

If India play us in the final and demolish us maybe but I still think Australia 2003.

Australia 2007 was more dominant then any team we have seen.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Another issue could be the possible rain.

If its a shorten game i guess that means Stoinis will more then likely be a certain starter and gives our dumb captain more incentive to bowl first especially with possible rain around and DLS.

1699822112890.png

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Now some stats.
There were 3 scores of 400 plus as well as 9 other scores of 350 plus.

There have been 592 sixes with: Sharma 24, Maxwell 22, De Kock 21, Marsh 20, Warner 20 leading the way.

There have been 6 instances of 5 wickets in an innings. No bowler has taken more than 5 wickets in a game.

Out of the top 6 economy rates for bowlers, 5 are Indians.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Hey Nasser stop looking for excuses

Australia played in the WTC Final & the ashes too and probably have more players from that squad then England at the world cup.

We made the semis while your whinging mob are on the plane back to Heathrow.

Champion teams deal with it and move forward.

Something this England team is not.

Latest posts