What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Newcastle beat Canberra tomorrow......

BunniesMan

Immortal
Now you know why we LOL@50uff$. Look no further than Bunniesman.
When we're beating everybody next year I'm going to have as much pleasure beating you pricks as I will beating Roosters and Dragons. When we put 50 on you we'll even pay for an ambo to stand by incase your fat prick of an owner has a heart attack.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
When we're beating everybody next year I'm going to have as much pleasure beating you pricks as I will beating Roosters and Dragons. When we put 50 on you we'll even pay for an ambo to stand by incase your fat prick of an owner has a heart attack.
images

BunniesMan

Immortal
Big clap for the handicap to you as always AG. Well done finding a pic of him when he was gaining weight for a movie role. You see, in his line of work sometimes he has to change his appearance to fit his next movie.

INFphoto_1044595.jpg

This is a pic I got after googling "Russell Crowe 2011". This is a newer pic than your outdated crap. And he's in WHITE, which everyone knows isn't slimming. And he looks just fine. Better than fat prick tinkler.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Thommo I can't thank you enough :lol:

And if Tinkler required an ambulance it's probably due to nearly laughing himself to death after watching the farce that is LOL@50uff$ try and play football.

Spot On

Coach
Well yes I was expecting more this year. But a ridiculous amount of injuries plus a coach who is even more inept that I thought hurt us.

Next year when we have the next great coach of the game, and a clean injury list, we'll get where we should have been the last 2 years.

The great coaches of the modern era are Bennett, Gould, Bellamy, Hasler, and the next one will be Maguire.

They're both given a big share of the credit for Melbourne's success. Johns turned Cronk into a superstar when originally people thought he was only an average player. Maguire is considered the "brains" of the operation out of all the assistants during their success. Bellamy himself once said he owes a lot to Maguire's work. When we went calling people when we were considering Maguire, Bellamy reportedly gave him an outstanding recommendation.

Kearney got a lot of the credit as an assistant coach, but I've heard a lot should have gone to Maguire.

And since he's gone to the UK he's delivered a premiership for Wigan, an underacheiving big club (some similarities to Souths) in his very first year. That was their first in over a decade, which is a long drought in the UK for big clubs. And Wigan are currently 1st on the ladder and on their way to a league-cup double this year.

3 trophies including 2 premierships as well as 2 minor premierships in 2 years in the ESL. Plus his work as an assistant coach for the Storm during their peak years. Universally praised by those who have worked with him. His resume is as good as you can possibly get for a coach who hasn't coached an NRL team yet.

And unlike Kearney, he's had head coach expierience and acheived success by himself without the greatest coach of all time pulling the strings.

The final piece of the puzzle is in place.

Do a lot of the blokes who coach in the ESL come to the NRL and have Premiership success?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Big clap for the handicap to you as always AG. Well done finding a pic of him when he was gaining weight for a movie role. You see, in his line of work sometimes he has to change his appearance to fit his next movie.

INFphoto_1044595.jpg

This is a pic I got after googling "Russell Crowe 2011". This is a newer pic than your outdated crap. And he's in WHITE, which everyone knows isn't slimming. And he looks just fine. Better than fat prick tinkler.

The irony, you got your little pic from I'm not obsessed dot com. :lol::lol::lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Do a lot of the blokes who coach in the ESL come to the NRL and have Premiership success?
Not a lot of blokes who coach in the ESL have a)a perfect record of winning minor premiership/premiership doubles every year of their stint and b) not a lot of blokes who coach in the ESL have expierienced the NRL in a key role for the best team of the decade.

Maguire is no Bomber Mcrae.

The haters will compare him to Mcrae or Elliott. Neither of which had the same level of success he had in the ESL and neither of which had the same kind of apprenticeship in the NRL.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Not a lot of blokes who coach in the ESL have a)a perfect record of winning minor premiership/premiership doubles every year of their stint and b) not a lot of blokes who coach in the ESL have expierienced the NRL in a key role for the best team of the decade.

The haters will compare him to Mcrae or Elliott. Neither of which had the same level of success he had in the ESL and neither of which had the same kind of apprenticeship in the NRL.

At what point next year are you going to put up your 2013 predictions?

Spot On

Coach
....but have there been many coaches (or any for that matter) that have won a comp in England and then come to the NRL and won a Premiership?

skeepe

Immortal

Elliott won the minor premiership and premiership in his first year in the ESL too you dolt. 2 minor premierships, 2 grand final for one premiership, a Challenge Cup and 4 finals appearances from 4 attempts... how exactly is Maguire's ESL record better?

BunniesMan

Immortal
At what point next year are you going to put up your 2013 predictions?
The day after our Grand Final win.
....but have there been many coaches (or any for that matter) that have won a comp in England and then come to the NRL and won a Premiership?
I don't know, but my point is he's not like any coach who has come over from there.

He's unique in that he's the only coach who has had pretty much the perfect leadup to his first NRL coaching gig. He combines his NRL expierience being a key part of a dominating team with the success he's had at his first opportunity to run things himself. The best of both worlds. A more complete apprenticeship than Kearney. More success than Elliott or Mcrae.

He's known pretty much nothing but success his entire career. He knows what it takes to win. That kind of mentality is both rare and infectious.

Last edited:

Silent Knight

First Grade
He's known pretty much nothing but success his entire career.

Which begs the question why is he going to 50uff$? His flawless record is about to cop a battering. It's not so much the players or coach, it's your club's losing culture that's the problem :lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Which begs the question why is he going to 50uff$? His flawless record is about to cop a battering. It's not so much the players or coach, it's your club's losing culture that's the problem :lol:
His winning mentality will change our club's culture to the ultimate winning culture.

We're going to be minor premiers. I honestly can't see where a loss will come from next year.

Spot On

Coach
The day after our Grand Final win.

I don't know, but my point is he's not like any coach who has come over from there.

He's unique in that he's the only coach who has had pretty much the perfect leadup to his first NRL coaching gig. He combines his NRL expierience being a key part of a dominating team with the success he's had at his first opportunity to run things himself. The best of both worlds. A more complete apprenticeship than Kearney. More success than Elliott or Mcrae.

He's known pretty much nothing but success his entire career. He knows what it takes to win. That kind of mentality is both rare and infectious.

Did the team he was so instrumental in guiding to 4 NRL GF's and two premeirships have their GF's taken from them for systematically rorting the salary cap and cheating the fans and players of the other 15 teams in the comp? This McGuire will want to be one hell of a coach to be able to come from what is a very, very weak rugby league competition to guide a team to a premiership in his first couple years in the NRL. Not to mention the fact that he has no halves to use and a "champion' centre who will take at least 2 months to get back to his playing weight and then doesn't want get invloved in the game for some reason.

Latest posts