What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Newcastle beat Canberra tomorrow......

Didgi

Dude that shit needs it's own thread. Do it, Do it

There's already three, titled 'Why lol @ SOuths?', 'I still don't know why you guys LOL@50uff$...' and 'I've forgotted why you guys LOL@50uff$...'

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
To be perfectly honest, Newcastle's draw is tricky, they face a few big games.

I think after tonight realistically only Canterbury can catch the field, and our F/A is too poor really. I'd say the top eight is settled.

BunniesMan

Immortal
To be perfectly honest, Newcastle's draw is tricky, they face a few big games.

I think after tonight realistically only Canterbury can catch the field, and our F/A is too poor really. I'd say the top eight is settled.
If we win against the Eels we'll have the same points as you. If we win by 24 (within the realm of possibility) we'll have the same f/a as you. So how is it that realistically only you can catch them but we cant?

Jason Maher

Immortal
If we win against the Eels we'll have the same points as you. If we win by 24 (within the realm of possibility) we'll have the same f/a as you. So how is it that realistically only you can catch them but we cant?

You don't leave the door ajar, you blow it of its hinges!

Shorty

Staff member
LOL@BM.
I think you might get the Eels but the Raiders will wipe the floor with Souths after that.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
We play Cronulla, Manly, Newcastle, Canberra. All winnable games (except maybe Manly, although we have an okay record at Brookie)

You play Eels, Canberra, Cowboys (with Thurston back), Broncos (Lockyer's second last home game) and Newcastle (on "Old Boys Day" which they rarely lose).

I'm not just dismissing Souths and Penrith off hand, their draws are much harder than ours.

BunniesMan

Immortal
We play Cronulla, Manly, Newcastle, Canberra. All winnable games (except maybe Manly, although we have an okay record at Brookie)

You play Eels, Canberra, Cowboys (with Thurston back), Broncos (Lockyer's second last home game) and Newcastle (on "Old Boys Day" which they rarely lose).

I'm not just dismissing Souths and Penrith off hand, their draws are much harder than ours.
So 2 of our last 4 opposition teams are the same. Your Manly and our Broncos game cancel each other out. We're both the same odds of winning those. We've essentially got the same run home.

docbrown

Coach
In terms of overall appeal, I'd love a Knights vs Manly finals game.

I don't know why people hope for easy match ups. If you want to be there on grand final day, you should be able to beat the best of the best in the finals. If you can't then you don't deserve to be there.

shane1970

Juniors
I like Bunniesman talking up the chances of the bunnies possibly making THIS YEARS semi's but all his predictions in his avatar thingy are for 2012 -

BunniesMan

Immortal
I like Bunniesman talking up the chances of the bunnies possibly making THIS YEARS semi's but all his predictions in his avatar thingy are for 2012 -
2011 is just the entree. Anything we get out of this year is a bonus with the nuffy coaching staff we have. When we replace morons like Lang and Tallis with people with a track record of success in Maguire and Matty Johns, we're going to finally realise our potential and dominate this league. But still, it's 2011 not 2012, as long as we have a fighting chance we focus on this year, comfortable in knowing we're going to go and whip teams over and over next year.

Bicey_18

Bench
2011 is just the entree. Anything we get out of this year is a bonus with the nuffy coaching staff we have. When we replace morons like Lang and Tallis with people with a track record of success in Maguire and Matty Johns, we're going to finally realise our potential and dominate this league. But still, it's 2011 not 2012, as long as we have a fighting chance we focus on this year, comfortable in knowing we're going to go and whip teams over and over next year.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Gold

Billythekid

First Grade

You weren't saying that at the start of the year. I think you will be a lot better next year but don't pretend like you weren't expecting much bigger things this year.

Spot On

Coach

A track record of doing what?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Wayne Bennett and Darius Boyd will be at South Sydney in 2012. :lol::lol::lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
You weren't saying that at the start of the year. I think you will be a lot better next year but don't pretend like you weren't expecting much bigger things this year.
Well yes I was expecting more this year. But a ridiculous amount of injuries plus a coach who is even more inept that I thought hurt us.

Next year when we have the next great coach of the game, and a clean injury list, we'll get where we should have been the last 2 years.

The great coaches of the modern era are Bennett, Gould, Bellamy, Hasler, and the next one will be Maguire.
A track record of doing what?
They're both given a big share of the credit for Melbourne's success. Johns turned Cronk into a superstar when originally people thought he was only an average player. Maguire is considered the "brains" of the operation out of all the assistants during their success. Bellamy himself once said he owes a lot to Maguire's work. When we went calling people when we were considering Maguire, Bellamy reportedly gave him an outstanding recommendation.

Kearney got a lot of the credit as an assistant coach, but I've heard a lot should have gone to Maguire.

And since he's gone to the UK he's delivered a premiership for Wigan, an underacheiving big club (some similarities to Souths) in his very first year. That was their first in over a decade, which is a long drought in the UK for big clubs. And Wigan are currently 1st on the ladder and on their way to a league-cup double this year.

3 trophies including 2 premierships as well as 2 minor premierships in 2 years in the ESL. Plus his work as an assistant coach for the Storm during their peak years. Universally praised by those who have worked with him. His resume is as good as you can possibly get for a coach who hasn't coached an NRL team yet.

And unlike Kearney, he's had head coach expierience and acheived success by himself without the greatest coach of all time pulling the strings.

The final piece of the puzzle is in place.

Latest posts