What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Immediate changes from Bennett

Snappy

Coach
Don't worry Daz, we'll sign Darriiuuuuss soon and you can feel comfortable that we may have the fullback position covered.

ShaneO85

Juniors
WE NEED MORE FULLBACKS!!!

Such a shame that Hoffman can't see the forest for the trees... he could have cemented himself at the top of the winger pecking order if he was only willing to play in his best position. I was originally hopefull for boyd and hoffman on the wings and Barba turning back the clock to 2012. Although that dream may have been a little unrealistic. I guess a reliable Boyd > shit form Barba.

renouf

Juniors
Looks like Boyd is a done deal, but what are we supposed to do with Barba and Milford? I'm sure Barba would have come good under Bennett, but if he's not playing fullback then where is he playing.

Kiwi

First Grade
Looks like Boyd is a done deal, but what are we supposed to do with Barba and Milford? I'm sure Barba would have come good under Bennett, but if he's not playing fullback then where is he playing.
Dude Bennett has already said Milford will be Hunts halves partner. Barba is odd one out right now.

Dazzat

First Grade
Oh how the mighty fall heh? From Dally M - recognition as the best player in the league - to vying for a position in first division. Not sure if Barba's a good option off the bench either - with that defence.

DeeJ

Bench
I'm started to feel decidedly uncomfortable with only three recognised fullback signed.

Breathe easy friend, we have Maranta, Hodges and that new english signing, which brings us up to a healthy 6 fullback options. Kodi Nikomora could also fill in during a crisis, enough to populate a whole backline of fullbacks.

DeeJ

Bench
Oh how the mighty fall heh? From Dally M - recognition as the best player in the league - to vying for a position in first division. Not sure if Barba's a good option off the bench either - with that defence.

Barba only has himself to blame for that. I am also unsure how he would play off the bench, if at all, Bennett only uses interchange hookers traditionally.

Kiwi

First Grade
Barba only has himself to blame for that. I am also unsure how he would play off the bench, if at all, Bennett only uses interchange hookers traditionally.
I hope that doesn't mean Waddell.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Well the backline i was hoping for is coming true. Obviously we aren't going to move Barba on, interesting to see what Bennett's ideas are for him. Jury is out on this forward pack, going to have to see if enthusiasm can overcome experience and size.

Kiwi

First Grade
Well the backline i was hoping for is coming true. Obviously we aren't going to move Barba on, interesting to see what Bennett's ideas are for him. Jury is out on this forward pack, going to have to see if enthusiasm can overcome experience and size.

We have enough size, sick of hearing about size, people are obsessed with it.

Bronco18

Juniors

Top 3 sides for most of the year: Roosters, Dogs and Rabbitohs.

They have the biggest packs in the comp. too. Size is pretty important. Penrith's didn't quite match them, but they were an anomaly in more ways than one...

I'm with you though, I think we're getting closer to the right bunch of forwards.

Maroon4life

Juniors

We haven't had size for a very long time, how have we done since the Civo, thorne & Webcke period?

Who were the best teams this year? how were their forward packs?

2 things you cant train in a football side, size & speed. We have neither.

Kiwi

First Grade
Top 3 sides for most of the year: Roosters, Dogs and Rabbitohs.

They have the biggest packs in the comp. too. Size is pretty important. Penrith's didn't quite match them, but they were an anomaly in more ways than one...

I'm with you though, I think we're getting closer to the right bunch of forwards.

Roosters had ONE player this year that hit 110kg, the rest ( including SBW at 108kg ) were lighter by 2kg or more and they won the minor premiership and could have easily won the whole thing again.

Kiwi

First Grade
Noticed anything about the packs that made the grand final this year? And the team that won?

So a monster pack wins a grand final after having a huge pack for how many years? Bulldogs have had a monster pack for years and the best they seem to be able to do is the odd grand final mixed in with being crap and now it's a must.

Manly won a comp recently with the majority of their pack UNDER 100kg, Storm with only 2 players over 110kg and last year the Roosters with I think maybe 1 over 110kg. Size doesn't always matter.

Kiwi

First Grade
We haven't had size for a very long time, how have we done since the Civo, thorne & Webcke period?

Who were the best teams this year? how were their forward packs?

2 things you cant train in a football side, size & speed. We have neither.

We have enough of both, more than enough.

Again oh no one year in how many years a big pack dominates and suddenly we must follow suit. I remember when Bronco fans were complaining our guys were to f**king heavy, now suddenly it's lets get heavier.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Roosters had ONE player this year that hit 110kg, the rest ( including SBW at 108kg ) were lighter by 2kg or more and they won the minor premiership and could have easily won the whole thing again.

Yeah, and they were monstered by the Rabbitohs forward pack so whats your point?

Are you aiming for the same result?

End of the day, the two teams with the biggest forward packs won the comp.

Maroon4life

Juniors
We have enough of both, more than enough.

Again oh no one year in how many years a big pack dominates and suddenly we must follow suit. I remember when Bronco fans were complaining our guys were to f**king heavy, now suddenly it's lets get heavier.

Clearly we have different views.

Big Pete

Referee
This argument reminds me of a recent episode of The League where Jenny was a size supremacist. :lol:

The Rabbitohs were amazing but I don't think they won based purely on their size - it was their discipline and athletic skill that was the highlight.

I wouldn't call the Dogs pack that big either.

Graham & Jackson only stand at 180cm.
Tolman 183cm
Eastwood 184cm

Williams was the only player in their starting pack that you would call big and he was as much a liability as he was helpful.

The big bench may have helped but I'd dare say Graham, Eastwood, Jackson & Tolman were the stars of that team.

Kiwi

First Grade
Yeah, and they were monstered by the Rabbitohs forward pack so whats your point?

Are you aiming for the same result?

End of the day, the two teams with the biggest forward packs won the comp.

One did :sarcasm:

We had a 50% strike rate against the grand final teams, and other than the second game against the Rabbits ( lets face it we played like shite and deserved that spanking ) the other game was a 2 point loss. So it's not all doom and gloom, and again one monster pack winning in a long time is hardly game changing.

The Broncos weren't as far off the pace as some are making out. Our side for 2015 is a huge improvement on the side of 2014, and that's before taking the coach into account.

Latest posts