What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Immediate changes from Bennett

Bronco18

Juniors
It is not Bennett's job to have such a plan.

Could be, depends on the term of the contract, especially if he were to quit coaching after us.

He could phase out into a general director role with Walters succeeding him. I'd like to see him stay around the club if he does retire from coaching, he might find himself on the board one day.

Kiwi

First Grade
Could be, depends on the term of the contract, especially if he were to quit coaching after us.

He could phase out into a general director role with Walters succeeding him. I'd like to see him stay around the club if he does retire from coaching, he might find himself on the board one day.

I could never see Bennett on the board, I can see him having something to do with the team in a Gus Gould sort of way after he finishes coaching.

Kiwi

First Grade
Like the possible look of our bench.... Garbutt, Gavet, Oates and Joe O. Plenty of size and impact

Dazzat

First Grade
Rumours that Barba to Cronulla is a done deal.

Doesn't surprise. Let's just say ... Barba could be the world's best player, but team morale is more important.

And Bennett would have one eye on the future as well. Pending on form, he'd be looking to blood Nikorima before the end of the year.

League guru

Juniors

Doesn't surprise. Let's just say ... Barba could be the world's best player, but team morale is more important.

And Bennett would have one eye on the future as well. Pending on form, he'd be looking to blood Nikorima before the end of the year.

1. Done deal, is it ?
2. Could be the worlds best player, your opinion.
3. He,d be looking to blood Nikorima, why would that be.

Champ, I think you just make it up as you go along.

Dazzat

First Grade
Just reported on Channel 7 that the Cronulla deal is almost done. Also reporting about Greg Eden, a British player who plays fullback that has signed with the club.

I think you'd prefer a boring forum with no speculation. Good luck with that.

Big Pete

Referee
It's going to be very interesting to see how this all pans out.

These moves remind me a lot of Penrith circa 2011/12.

Very controversial, may have a short term impact but long term, Bennett is just building a culture that everyone can buy into.

One thing that struck me from the RLW Annual is that some players would be happy to see the back of Hook, others not. If you want to win a premiership, you cannot afford that sort of divide.

johns_reds

First Grade

Brisbane times reporting same thing with regards Barba, hope it is true, he is a good player but for the money he would be on he didn't provide anywhere near his worth last year.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...ign-with-cronulla-sharks-20141107-11iw37.html

Dazzat

First Grade
The media of course told us all that Barba was moving to Brisbane for "personal reasons". The real reason was kept secret, but is well known to Bulldog supporters.

It's an understatement to say that Barba was a disruptive influence at the Bulldogs. He is a prodigious talent, but without character, talent is limited, particularly at the top level.

Several Bulldogs players were very happy to see the back of Barba. No, not family reasons, but probably more about survival. Of course Bennett would have known the truth behind Barba moving on from the Bulldogs, and knows that such behaviour is poison in a team environment.

Rugby league has become a strange game. When someone like Dugan gets sacked for posting a selfie, and then was rejected by the Broncos, but they accepted someone with Barba's record (yes, I know you are most likely curious as to what Barba did at the Bulldogs, but you'll just have to find out yourself).

Many Broncos fans were curious as to the signing of Eden several months ago, even before the departure of Hoffman. Well, I'd say the club was getting rid to offload him quite a long time ago.

Bronco18

Juniors
One thing that struck me from the RLW Annual is that some players would be happy to see the back of Hook, others not. If you want to win a premiership, you cannot afford that sort of divide.

Griffin said as much in his interview after he was sacked. Something like "I had to give some a cuddle, others were probably happy"...

Rugby league has become a strange game. When someone like Dugan gets sacked for posting a selfie, and then was rejected by the Broncos, but they accepted someone with Barba's record (yes, I know you are most likely curious as to what Barba did at the Bulldogs, but you'll just have to find out yourself).

The selfie was the last of a series of incidents. most within the club. he's an interesting cat dugan. from what i have heard around town.

barbs....
fairly obvious what he did.

anyway, sharks. guess flanno will keep him under his watchful eye because we all know shane is a stickler for details, checks and balances.

but he will fit in at the sharks if he gets in with the key clique

Dazzat

First Grade
Well MWAL ... the lying by the Bulldogs and the media didn't help the situation. I don't think too many Bronco fans would have wanted Barba at the club in the first place if we knew the truth.

Latest posts