What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Immediate changes from Bennett

Dazzat

First Grade
Let's get real about the state of the club under Griffin. The only way we could sign decent players (or those we perceived were good players) were for "family reasons".

We have been losing top players and have had no ability to attract top players for years. Let the rebuilding begin.

Dazzat

First Grade
Kahu. Kinda the forgotten man.

He showed some X-Factor in between all the injuries. Given some good coaching and some opportunity he could still be a star.

Kiwi

First Grade
I'm a kahu fan but unfortunately he has broken down far to many times with season ending injuries or serious injuries that effect his year. Unfortunately I can't see him being given another deal when is current one expires and if he is it won't be much of a dwal.

Snappy

Coach
Let's get real about the state of the club under Griffin. The only way we could sign decent players (or those we perceived were good players) were for "family reasons".

We have been losing top players and have had no ability to attract top players for years. Let the rebuilding begin.

Completely agree daz. We are in a far superior position right now than we would be if Giffin was still coach. Now we just need a top line prop and ill be happy.

Dazzat

First Grade
Just looking through the competition - top line props are think on the ground. Matthew Scott is miles ahead of the rest in my opinion. Even James Tamou dropped off this year.

Andrew Fifita is a talent. Obviously James Graham and possibly the Burgess brothers, but after that, there's no real standouts.

Who would you target for 2016 - considering we must have a mile of room under the cap.

JW

Coach
Barba released.

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2014/11/11/broncos_release_ben_barba.html

THE NRMA Insurance Broncos have today agreed to release Ben Barba from his current playing contract with the club.

In consultation with Ben's management last week, the Broncos gave the player’s representative permission to seek an opportunity at another club.

The club has now agreed to a release from the final two years of his contract with the Broncos.

“The Broncos today give Ben Barba a release from the final two years of his contract,” said Broncos’ chief executive Paul White.

“We want to thank Ben for all the efforts he put in over the past year in what was a very long and tough season.

“From everyone at the club, we would like to wish him and his family all the very best for the future.”

Maroon4life

Juniors
I take it the third is the one still to come as a result of Ben's departure. If it's not one of your 3, suggest you make it 4.

Barba is your's with every broncos blessing :)

As soon as i heard we got Bennett I was already cheering on the Boyd signing, McCullouch, Hunt, Milford & Boyd is going to be a strong spine capable of putting on points.

Barba being told he's unwanted by the games top coach has to be a dent in his confidence though. I honestly think Barba has no love for the game any more, merely using it as a cash cow and his manager is using his 2012 form as a bait and switch.

The bulldogs culture and the attitude of the playing group at the time must have been conducive to his form because he hasn't shown any glimpse of the attitude or enthusiasm he showed in that year.

Barba is your's with every broncos blessing :)

As soon as i heard we got Bennett I was already cheering on the Boyd signing, McCullouch, Hunt, Milford & Boyd is going to be a strong spine capable of putting on points.

Barba being told he's unwanted by the games top coach has to be a dent in his confidence though. I honestly think Barba has no love for the game any more, merely using it as a cash cow and his manager is using his 2012 form as a bait and switch.

The bulldogs culture and the attitude of the playing group at the time must have been conducive to his form because he hasn't shown any glimpse of the attitude or enthusiasm he showed in that year.

Liar. Go read your own clubs forum idiot.

https://broninc.com/brisbane-broncos-talk/24218-[confirmed]-ben-barba-signs-cronulla-25.html

Every bronco's blessing is absolute bullshit and you know it

Enjoy your Bennett, Boyd love fest and when Boyd is playing like a busted and poppy Jesus keeps playing him, enjoy it even more pal

Maroon4life

Juniors

https://broninc.com/brisbane-broncos-talk/24218-[confirmed]-ben-barba-signs-cronulla-25.html

Enjoy your Bennett, Boyd love fest and when Boyd is playing like a busted and poppy Jesus keeps playing him, enjoy it even more pal

Barba's yours dude, go celebrate that signing by watching a highlight reel of his from the last 2 years. O wait...

THE CHAMP

First Grade

take a bex and have a lay down old fella.
the sharks suck arse.
always have and always will.
your crap club just paid massive overs

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
the sharks suck arse.

Actually I don't think they will be paying overs as the Broncos will be footing some of the bill.

Ultimately though I think the Broncos have made the right call. Milford is much better than Barba and Boyd will bring some reliability at the back that Barba failed to bring.

The best thing about 2015 (in stark contrast to 2014) season is that we already know our spine before the pre-season has even started

1. Boyd
6. Milford
7. Hunt
9. McCullough

They have a whole off-season to gel! Exciting times ahead for the Broncos imo.

Kiwi

First Grade
the sharks suck arse.
I disagree. Barba was limited by Griffinball and Hoffman in the 6. Our whole attack suffered including Barba. When we did play a free flowing attacking style Barba played well and was in the thick of it. Had we played that style all year I feel Barba would still be at the club and no bronco fan would want to see him leave due to form. Again good luck to him I hope the Sharks play to sort of game that brings out the best in Barba, he can lift them from spooners to a finals chance.

Kiwi

First Grade

Much like I think Barba can shine again I think Boyd can aswell. Boyd has had a few bad years much like Barba, both firing is great for each of their teams and it'll happen.

Latest posts