What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Cleary a dud?

murraymob

Coach
the naming of this weeks side will go a long way to us seeing Clearys mind set.We struggled badly for several weeks surly changes in the forwards will be made.

murraymob

Coach
abs i want to see him trying things not accepting there is nothng more can be done.That 17 will lose again by a huge score against the warriors.So give someone else a shot.Best way to find out if they can cut it

franklin2323

Immortal
Of course I think that. But I'm not gonna call a guy a dud or say he is stupid based on his first year.

He has shit to work with.

I'll judge him from next year.

Don't get me wrong he has had crap to work with. But different things may been a help to get us to build on for next year. Did Hasler have the exact squad he wanted? Now yes but early on no. He made do
They clearly rate Walsh and Tighe no one else does. So why not try Tighe at fb. Walsh at 9?
Newton and Ciraldo on different sides of the field? Shorter spells. Impact off the bench?
Jennings 1st reciver off the scrum then doing a wrap around and getting again outside the defender?

All small things may not work but neither is the same old same old of now hopefully we won't get injuries next year but we might need to use these players best to find a way to use them incase

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
abs i want to see him trying things not accepting there is nothng more can be done.That 17 will lose again by a huge score against the warriors.So give someone else a shot.Best way to find out if they can cut it

Exactly. Aside from Gordon we have that 17 next year. We might be using them again. Try and find roles to use them effectively

abpanther

Staff member

Hey I agree that he should try to change things up, man I would've put Ciraldo and Galea on that 'never to be selected again in FG' list after the first month or so of the season. I'm just saying if he hasn't done it by now I doubt we'll see any changes for the remainder of the season.

For example it doesn't make any sense to me to play Flash at fullback given that he is leaving us. If Mansour is an option for next season why not play him there now and see how he goes?

age.s

First Grade
Cleary did try a few things different against Canberra. Ciraldo played lock and (from what I could see) played more centrally. Robinson was in the run on side (liked him better off the bench personally). Galea and Weston came off the bench.

Much of that didn't work, but you can't say he hasn't been trying things.

Aragorn

First Grade
mate, all your team needs to do is grumber the ball to manu or attack tupous wing. you get few tries under your belt and you will have a fairytale finish to your season. just like nth qlds and the sharkies.

the warriors are THAT bad right now its gone beyond funny..

franklin2323

Immortal
mate, all your team needs to do is grumber the ball to manu or attack tupous wing. you get few tries under your belt and you will have a fairytale finish to your season. just like nth qlds and the sharkies.

the warriors are THAT bad right now its gone beyond funny..

:lol::lol: I wish. We are experts at playing teams into form. I see no reason why it will change

franklin2323

Immortal
Bump. The f**kwit must go.

Tim Grant starting on the bench was just terrible.

Our performance this year has been terrible. We are going backwards fast. Are poorly coached & his refusal to make changes is a disgrace

chrisD

Coach
I disagree, Grant let f**king Sutton run over him last week for a try and this week let Bird do the same. Plum did a job, Grant came on and failed.

franklin2323

Immortal
I disagree, Grant let f**king Sutton run over him last week for a try and this week let Bird do the same. Plum did a job, Grant came on and failed.

Mate. Our bench was Grant, Docker, Smith v Bailey, Taylor & James. Last week we also struggled with their size. Easy fixed pick a decent bench.

maple_69

Bench
I actually think they are looking more likely that they have for a few years. We bombed about 5 tries but at least created those chances. Walsh also took on the line a number of times very effectively and spread it early quite a bit in the first half.

Cleary has to get his selections right though. We have a limited squad and can't afford to play clowns like Ciraldo.

The OX

Juniors
Cleary isnt the problem.

Walsh is, and Grants ego is becoming a problem. Yes Timmy, you played SOO, but you havent got a chance to play this year with the rubbish you are showing. Time to earn you dough or be punted to Windsor or beyond.

franklin2323

Immortal
We concede 110 points and the halfback & Prop are only to blame?? Yeah right.

Tim Grant was 1 of 4 that missed Bird. He was 1 of 3 that missed Sutton. He wasn't the 1 too miss Woods twice in round 2 or not mark up for the soft Marshall try. It's more then 1 or 2 players.

The OX

Juniors
Yeah granted, buthe isnt running with passion.

Last seasons nuffie McKendry is leaving him for dead.

Pomoz

Bench
Tim is way off the pace this year. I have been very disappointed in his performance.

I agree with Thirsty, Sam is going great guns and Humble looks OK. Seggy is a revelation and Kevin will be lucky to keep his spot for the rest of the year. I don't think we are going that badly, but Walsh is just not creative enough as a halfback.

For all the criticism about Cleary leaving Tim on the bench and not picking big forwards, the Panthers pack made more metres than the Titans and from where I was sat, we had plenty of ball in their 20m zone, but couldn't score. Backline is too slow and Walshie is not a creative half.

franklin2323

Immortal
Tim is way off the pace this year. I have been very disappointed in his performance.

I agree with Thirsty, Sam is going great guns and Humble looks OK. Seggy is a revelation and Kevin will be lucky to keep his spot for the rest of the year. I don't think we are going that badly, but Walsh is just not creative enough as a halfback.

For all the criticism about Cleary leaving Tim on the bench and not picking big forwards, the Panthers pack made more metres than the Titans and from where I was sat, we had plenty of ball in their 20m zone, but couldn't score. Backline is too slow and Walshie is not a creative half.

Our pack metres though we were behind. We made more metres with Mansour's 211 and Humbles intercept.

We have shown no improvement in the last 12 months. We have 1 local in the 17. We aren't debuting players with a look to the future