What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there any truth to the Nate Myles Rumour

Bigfella

Coach
Simpson's get out was not activated until he played this final Origin.

Therefore until this morning he was not entitled to upgrade or leave. Therefore nothing was ever going to happen before today unless Newcastle decided to offer him more money out of the goodness of their heart.

Any resigning or new contract will take place from now on, surely? That is my understanding?

yy_cheng

Coach
Yeah, but after June 30, he was allowed to talk to any club whether be it for 2007 or 2008 season.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I was told by someone within our club that they don'r expect Simpson to leave Newcastle.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
I was told by someone within our club that they don'r expect Simpson to leave Newcastle.

Then throw a few more $$$ at him and make him at least consider it.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:

Suity

I think they all consider offers..but when you get deep in the heart of the matter, and this is just my opinion, the more likely scenereo would be that Simpson, who has a daughter who lives in Newcastle, is likely to stay there for the rest of his career.

yy_cheng

Coach
Suitman said:

Suity

Our previous CEO at our company used to say that. Someone would say "We've faced a brick wall and can't progress with solution", he'd say "Your using the wrong tool, throw money at it until it breaks down".

eels1986

Juniors
Nate Myles reminds me a lot of Dean Pay. He has got some mongrel in him. Simpson is no chance of leaving Newcastle - no chance.

James_Hardie

Juniors
I thought Myles was the best forward on the field last night in the last 20 minutes. I think he is best as an interchange forward and would be a very good get. but plenty would be interested i him, particularly the Roosters.

You would think if Newcastle were going for Lyon and have now missed out, that they have a bit of cash left over to upgrade Simpson.

And for new coach Smith, if for no other reason other than to get on side with the Newcastle supporters, he wouldn't want to lose one of their favourite sons.

On another forward who has been mentioned in these threads, Mark Minichello. He is apparently pretty close to a done deal with the Titans according to a friend who talks socially with G-Coast coaching stafff.

Parraren

Bench
Someone posted this on the 1eyed eel website....

http://www.filthy_spammers.com/post.php?id=183

"According to the 1170AM News at 8.00AM this morning it has been said that Parramatta have virtually secured the signature of Nate Myles with a large sum of money which hasn't been announced yet.

GREAT NEWS, however this is what happened with Jamie Lyon, do you think he will end up playing for Parramatta next year?"

Don't take it as gospel though...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parraren said:

"According to the 1170AM News at 8.00AM this morning it has been said that Parramatta have virtually secured the signature of Nate Myles with a large sum of money which hasn't been announced yet.

GREAT NEWS, however this is what happened with Jamie Lyon, do you think he will end up playing for Parramatta next year?"

definitely don't take it as gospal, but I can tell you now that they are atleast talking to the guy.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Parraren said:

awesome news if true but....:crazy:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Parraren said:

:pray: :pray: Please be true