What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Israel Folau signs $2 million deal

juneauquan

Juniors
Glory be Lockyer said:
even is u didnt say we should get rid of he storm, i do believe we should, victorians dont deserve a taste of this great game.

I do believe that Brisbane don't deserve a taste of this great game.

Throw the Broncos out of the comp!

Of course I am only kidding, but morons like you don't deserve to follow this game. You don't love the game at all cause if you did love the game you would know how f*cking important Melbourne is in the 'battle of the codes'. Lose Melbourne and AFL gets a massive legs up on the NRL.

You are insular
You are close minded
You are a moron

Thank God you have no say in how this great game is run!!

hellteam

First Grade
Brycey said:
Teams like Canberra and Melbourne need salary cap exemptions.

no they dont. the storm has made 2 grand finals in a row without a salary cap exemption. and the raiders have had their fair share of success over the years

Karmawave

Bench
Glory be Lockyer said:
victorians dont deserve a taste of this great game.

I think thats why the NRL is really an amatuer organisation pretending its a professional one... too many people who have thoughts that belong in 1975. What a ridiculous statement.

Brycey

Juniors
hellteam said:
no they dont. the storm has made 2 grand finals in a row without a salary cap exemption. and the raiders have had their fair share of success over the years
Now Storm face an uncertain future losing young players they have developed.

Canberra has a bard location, they need extra $$$ to entice good players to go/stay there.

These teams, along with the Broncos, Cowboys, Warriors should always be in a position to be successful.

People follow winners, the more the Storm win, the more they attract supporters.

The Tank

Bench
Brycey said:
Now Storm face an uncertain future losing young players they have developed.

Canberra has a bard location, they need extra $$$ to entice good players to go/stay there.

These teams, along with the Broncos, Cowboys, Warriors should always be in a position to be successful.

People follow winners, the more the Storm win, the more they attract supporters.

As a Panthers supporter I'd be happy for teams outside of NSW/QLD to get exemptions for the betterment of the game. Though I'd like to see the Storm do more for their locals.

And that's why 4 Victorians in the Toyota Cup side is a very good sign... it's never going to happen straight away that there will suddenly be first grade quality players, but it shows that the younger players are now starting to develop

JW

Coach
Regarding exemptions, the Storm have recruited magnificantly over the years without any free rides, making the finals all bar 2 years if memory serves. 2 premierships in that time aswell. That's an incredible record as it is, let alone for a team that is based in an area where League plays second fiddle.

Losing one promising talent here and there isn't going to hurt them, and in time their smart recruiting will be complemented by more depth of local products.

Now, compare all that to farce that continues to go on with Flogball's frontier clubs...

Ghoulies

Bench
Jeeesus. I'd hate to think that we'll be paying Folau more than a bloke who has been consistently damaging for us in the centres for 3 seasons now. Hopefully the reports are bs and we got Izzy for a more reasonable price.
Dani said:
Care to explain why?
Glory be Lockyer is an idiot?

badav

Bench
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
They would have picked Wallace up for dirt cheap. Sims might have cost a bit and Clinton I'd say wouldn't have cost much because he was in such sh*t form, PJ Marsh wouldn't be cheap and then there was that Hewitt fella . Then they re-sign Parker who is a QLD rept. I still can't see how they can afford Folau with Lockyer, Hodges, Hunt and Thaiday in the side. I smell a rort.

Yeah we've heard it all before. Every time a team signs someone they are rorting the cap. If i was to believe all the dirt i read on this forum then just about every team is rorting the cap.

I do not believe Brisbane paid $500k for Isreal Folau. Figures bandied around in the media are more often than not bullsh*t, or leave it key (very key) parts of the contract that have an adverse affect on earnings.

Once Dead

Bench
My thinking is that Folau took this deal to set himself up monetarily and at the completion of his four year deal will commence the traditional Mormon training mission.......it may seem like a dog move to leave Melbourne "for the money" but keep in mind, the guy has a big traditional family / religious obligation to return to the homeland and train as a missionary.

Hoggy

Bench
I always thought we would lose at least one key member of the run on side a year. Last year it was King (and Newton), this year it's Folau.

That's fine, we've had it all before with big names leaving for big bucks elsewhere, Kimmorley, Orford, Reynoldson, and the club has prospered. If anything if we had the $$$'s to spend on Folau re-signing, and he went north, that means we have the $$$'s available to sign a very good replacement, which we haven't been able to do for a few years.

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
So much for Roosters promising Mason that Folau and Inu would be at the club next year lol.

Also, Storm fans dont worry...Joe Tomane. Nuff said.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mitchsu Danger said:
So much for Roosters promising Mason that Folau and Inu would be at the club next year lol.

Also, Storm fans dont worry...Joe Tomane. Nuff said.

you've got to stop reading the papers mate...:lol: