What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

its official FINCH HAS LANDED

stuke

Bench
ParraManiac said:
stuke said:
ParraManiac said:
that is probably because they are all in first grade!!! Look I havent checked the statistics, but I have a feeling that if you were to compare the numbers of juniors we have brought into first grade compared to Newcastle we would be miles behind.

most of the quality Knights juniors from the last few seasons have been stuck in Prems or left the club eg Tupou, Ale, Bird. He doesn't show much faith in their abilities as he continually shuffles his 'chosen' ones across positions. Nathan Hinton only got a run after 3 others were used there...Brad Tighe asked for a release earlier in the year....Mullen has only just started to be utilised. They are used only as the club can't afford other players, as Johns and Buderus use up a vast majority of their cap.

Hagan has not had a big influence on producing players from within their own system and developing their skills. a lot of the players that are juniors of the Knights 1st grade team were there before he came along. others, such as Woolnough, have not developed into the players that they should have become.

I know of players in their junior system who have never seen Hagan at training. These guys are 17/18 year olds, playing for the club, who have never laid eyes on the head coach. he is not sighted at junior rep carnivals etc, even though many other coaches are there.

Further to this Brian Smith was signed chiefly to turn around their junior system and start producing players from within their own system to help them in the post Joey era.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Hes not that bad, it is exaggerated how bad he is. I would call him an inconsisent player but not a bad one. When i heard they signed him i didnt jump for joy but i didnt not want them to sign him.

Maybe less pressure at 5/8 and a new club could make him play better or more consisent. Heres to hoping anyway.

Stagger eel

Staff member
jayjayselmes said:
i know we are a laughing stock right now, even other teams supporters are coming on here to laugh at us:x

please go away and support someone else...we're begging you.

ParraManiac

Juniors
fair enough, I havent followed them that closely the impression I got from looking from afar was the one I mentioned. I still feel Smith was less likely to promote a junior than Hagan. Smith was also extremely guilty of playing favourites, my guess would be more so than Hagan.

jayjayselmes said:
Honestly to hear brett finch and the eels together for the next 2 years is really boiling my blood at the moment and hate this bloke with a passion i dnt think i feel now I cant watch the eels with finch and t smith in the halves id be screaming at them contantly.ah well what do we do now

Lets hope if tim leaves finch will also follow. I mean 14 teams in he compo and he chose us!!!! FUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a smile on there Dial reading this.

Elia

Juniors
I dunno about Finch...lets just hope that he proves himself worthy for parra or else he's outta here. If tim leaves,that just screws us up even more due to the fact we've alredi lost some of our best players.

spiderdan

Bench
jayjayselmes said:
i know we are a laughing stock right now, even other teams supporters are coming on here to laugh at us:x
we are far from a laughing stock jayjay.

most nrl clubs are looking over their shoulders at us we build momentum, much like the later stages of 2000.

Avenger

Immortal
Mark my words:

Tim Smith will be shown the door next season and Blake Green will partner Finch in the halves.

Glenn

First Grade
ParraManiac said:
sorry Mark I am too busy shaking my head thinking wtf?:-k

It's not worth the effort to think about it :sarcasm:

Welcome to the club Brett Finch :clap:
Really looking forward to him working in combo with Tim Smith :D

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What happened in 2000?

Look Im just not confident with Finch at Parra. If he has that attitude problem, I hope Hagan tells him to pull his head in or dump him to PL.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
JayJay is the type of person that would of had posters of T.Smith on his wall last year...then takes them down this year...only to put those same posters up again next year when he hits form again.

parra pete

Referee
The most maligned player at the Roosters in 2005 was
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Mick Crocker...
How well is he going with the Storm? Is it Finch and Crocker or is it the Roosters?

Latest posts