What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Cleary One Step Away from the Dragons!!

emu62

Juniors
Hopefully Doust was saying
Look this is how a side should be coached which is why you wont be in charge next year.:)
or even the old " Mary you have the full support of the board" would be nice
as they are usually gone a week later

The next few weeks are extremely important as it shapes our next 3 years.

Option (A) is after both the Cutters and Juniors win their Grand Finals Mary is sacked.
Ivan Cleary signed on for a three year deal as head coach, both JD and Matt Head stay in current positions.
With a new Coach Leilua signs within 48 hours plus all our promising juniors commit to the Red V.
Memberships get renewed for 2017 and not only renewed but other old members who have had the sh!ts the past few years get involved again slowly supporting the Clubs financial woes into a positive business again.
On the field in 2017 the Dragons play a more attractive brand of footy which drives crowd numbers up significantly. Merchandise also goes through the roof and you can spot Dragons fans any and everywhere in the general public again.
Other big name players start to look at the Dragons again as an option to grow and enjoy success and although the clubs win / loss ratio is 50% for 2017 the club is now poised for a fantastic title shot in 2018 and 2019.
This then leads to more positive exposure through TV games, better draw and game allocation which in turn leads to more Smarter sponsorships.
There is Red V PRIDE back in the jersey for players & fans and the Dragons are a force once again.

Option (B), Mary stays on as Coach for 2017 and we remain SH!T and all of the above is once again pushed back 12 months with potentially another junior Coach appointed.

Sigurd

Juniors
The next few weeks are extremely important as it shapes our next 3 years.

Option (A) is after both the Cutters and Juniors win their Grand Finals Mary is sacked.
Ivan Cleary signed on for a three year deal as head coach, both JD and Matt Head stay in current positions.
With a new Coach Leilua signs within 48 hours plus all our promising juniors commit to the Red V.
Memberships get renewed for 2017 and not only renewed but other old members who have had the sh!ts the past few years get involved again slowly supporting the Clubs financial woes into a positive business again.
On the field in 2017 the Dragons play a more attractive brand of footy which drives crowd numbers up significantly. Merchandise also goes through the roof and you can spot Dragons fans any and everywhere in the general public again.
Other big name players start to look at the Dragons again as an option to grow and enjoy success and although the clubs win / loss ratio is 50% for 2017 the club is now poised for a fantastic title shot in 2018 and 2019.
This then leads to more positive exposure through TV games, better draw and game allocation which in turn leads to more Smarter sponsorships.
There is Red V PRIDE back in the jersey for players & fans and the Dragons are a force once again.

Option (B), Mary stays on as Coach for 2017 and we remain SH!T and all of the above is once again pushed back 12 months with potentially another junior Coach appointed.
If I were a gambler I would be putting money on Option (B).

denis preston

First Grade
As head coach,, Mary's year doesn't finish until the last sides season does so I'd say Mary is going through the motions & that is why he was at the Cutters game.I have always suspected that Doust has had his way on this but the Illawarra mafia has got a quite dignified exit for it's favorite son. He may be asked to resign before the review.

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
If Mary is gone for Cleary I would have thought it would be great for the morale of the lower grades to know, I think it would give them a real lift.
If Mary is gone for JD I can understand the silence until after the season.
If Mary is not gone, I a

dannyt

Coach
I have written previously on this and other threads about the coaching situation at our Dragons.
There are so many permutations that I and we can go through, some are wishful thinking, some have merits and some are just wildly exaggerated.
It's a given, IMO, that McGregor cannot survive as HC for 2017.
The fact that the club has not endorsed McGregor for next season (publicly stating) is encouraging. After all the negativity, through both social media and the press, I would have thought Doust or any member of the management would front the media with a statement with words such as "there has been a lot of speculation surrounding HC Paul McGregor, I am here to state categorically that Paul will be our HC for 2017" or something similar. This would at least put all the rumours and speculation to bed. But silence. Waiting for the "external" review could be seen as even a further delay tactic to hopefully allow the angst of us supporters to die down and the focus shift elsewhere.
Why the delay?
If the delay is so not to have an impact on the lower grades finals chances, then one could only assume that decisions moving forward have an impact on both lower grade coaches. Maybe their being promoted. Maybe their being shafted. Maybe McGregor will be their new coach next year. All of which would have an impact on their psyche whilst supposedly being focused on winning their premierships.
I also read that this Friday is the Dragons awards night, again this could be another reason to delay announcements. Present a united front approach, so to speak.
We also cannot categorically state that Cleary is coming or not. He states he hasn't even spoken to the Dragons. Maybe that's also a delay tactic, maybe it's actual fact. ATM Cleary has a job with the NRL and that's all he needs to say.
It is also noticed that McGregor has appeared in any videos or been present at our lower grades finals matches, again hardly the actions of a HC in my opinion.

We are all desperate to rid McGregor from our coaching ranks and such we hang on every word, analyse every press release or look to any sign that he would be removed. Every day that passes makes the situation more desperate, however, after looking at all the "delays" we again have to remain patient. Everything will finish either this weekend or in 2 more weeks. The important thing is for us to remain united in our actions on #McGrexit.

I liked your previous response to my comment, and figured my response only needed a few amendments.

How low have we sunk? To the point where everyone is looking for positive signs even in shit no news. But I agree. Certainly sounds like the right hand hasn't been talking to the left. we are speculating a lot on what's going on.

blacksafake

First Grade
What are the chances of Mary's allies on the board coming out & declaring the success of the lower grades was all down to the coaching structures put into place by him & we move into 2017 as planned.:mad:

Latest posts