What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Hastings

I'm Sorry, Missed Jackson

• Total voters

big pat

Coach
i would say this kid is as good as gone, having wayne and uncle nick fighting over you, his ego might get overblown.

Callahan

Juniors
Is there any news on what's been done about retaining this kid considering what's happening I certainly hope the club is doing its best to keep him in the red v

nontime111

Juniors
Get rid of ANYONE to keep this guy please!! DOnt let Hastings slip away our next Mundine along with Cummins!

hermidale1

Juniors
Here is food for thought. If the Dragons let Soward go, that would free up some money in the cap. Nobody knows whether the Dragons are getting another half or 5/8 , but if they do, I doubt they would be on big cash for the rest of the season. Jackson Hastings will be 18 next year, and I have no doubt he could handle a higher grade, but not NRL just yet. He may get a little taste, say off the bench, but not a regular spot. He has been selected in the NSWCHS to compete in Cairns in 4 weeks time, and he would have to be a good chance to be selected in the U18's Australian Schoolboys. Clubs will be pounding at his door after this.Could this be a way of trying to retain him early, if he is given an incentive to stay, and told he could be given a shot in the next 12 - 18 months?? The mind is ticking over.

possm

Coach
Hastings manager, parents, Roosters management and Nights management are all on his case already. A good way to retain Hastings would be to present a 5 year career plan to his manager. Next year Cutters and then NRL squad. We would have to sell out more dollars than our usual pay scale for young players.

If we can't get a deal doing this, we were never going to get a deal. My gut feeling he will go on to join the Roosters. But I could be wrong because other youngsters have gone on to play at Clubs other than that of where their father played.

BennyV

Referee
Hastings manager, parents, Roosters management and Nights management are all on his case already. A good way to retain Hastings would be to present a 5 year career plan to his manager. Next year Cutters and then NRL squad. We would have to sell out more dollars than our usual pay scale for young players.

If we can't get a deal doing this, we were never going to get a deal. My gut feeling he will go on to join the Roosters. But I could be wrong because other youngsters have gone on to play at Clubs other than that of where their father played.

I get the feelings that he will end up at Roosters for bigger reasons that simply money - it will be sad but I'm sure Doust is doing everything he can to keep Hastings here.

Fear for the Oust Doust backlash that will come if he leave...forums will explode...

TheRev

Coach
How did he end up at the Dragons in the first place if he is "Roosters thru and thru'? if he comes on quickly he could be playing 1st grade for us soon.. though apparently we do have 2 new halves for next year, just dont know who yet.

Father Ted

First Grade
He has been selected in the NSWCHS to compete in Cairns in 4 weeks time, and he would have to be a good chance to be selected in the U18's Australian Schoolboys. Clubs will be pounding at his door after this.Could this be a way of trying to retain him early, if he is given an incentive to stay, and told he could be given a shot in the next 12 - 18 months?? The mind is ticking over.

My mind is ticking over as well . The cowboys are one of the teams chsing young Battle and he will be in Cairns.

I get the feelings that he will end up at Roosters for bigger reasons that simply money - it will be sad but I'm sure Doust is doing everything he can to keep Hastings here.

Fear for the Oust Doust backlash that will come if he leave...forums will explode...

Has Doust? he's had nearly two years that I know of and has'nt got Battle tied up. And yes considering how hard it is to get a good halfback Damm near impossible actually I for one will be unhappy , but not surprised.

How did he end up at the Dragons in the first place if he is "Roosters thru and thru'? if he comes on quickly he could be playing 1st grade for us soon.. though apparently we do have 2 new halves for next year, just dont know who yet.

He is an Illawarra junior and therefore ours ,who live's with his mum a talented sports woman and Horrie Hastings the dad who played for Easts which is the only connection to that club that i'm aware of who lives in the U S of A.

TheRev

Coach
Named at Fullback again this week for NYC, just curious as I thought perhaps he might of been given a halves jumper more permanently.

Gomarchin

Juniors
If we lose Hastings then Doust will need to resign immediately. Anyone saying you can't compete with Wayne and Politis has no idea. As has been mentioned many times before - Jackson Hastings was identified ages ago as a potential star. Doust should've locked him up a long time ago. With our record of poor halves combinations surely this should've been dealt with by the "executive recruitment team" already.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Nailed it...

So are you happy with a CEO that re-signs a coach that has a 50% win/loss ratio? A CEO that continues to miss out on the big signings (Cronk/Bellamy)? A CEO that has mismanaged the re-building of the club after the 2010 GF win. If he was running any other organisation he would've been punted long ago.

BennyV

Referee
So are you happy with a CEO that re-signs a coach that has a 50% win/loss ratio? A CEO that continues to miss out on the big signings (Cronk/Bellamy)? A CEO that has mismanaged the re-building of the club after the 2010 GF win. If he was running any other organisation he would've been punted long ago.

I'm happy with a CEO who makes decisions that preserve what our great club is all about. A CEO who has guided this club through all NRL turmoils and given it a near spotless image with little-to-no off-field incidents, and a top quality club culture. A CEO who has seen us post the second-highest membership numbers of Sydney based clubs for the past 3 years, and has landed major sponsorship deals that have kept the club alive. And a CEO who landed a coach that delivered us the 2010 Premiership.

I'm quite happy with Doust as our CEO...no, he's not perfect, but he is so far from incompetent it's not funny.

Gomarchin

Juniors
I'm happy with a CEO who makes decisions that preserve what our great club is all about. A CEO who has guided this club through all NRL turmoils and given it a near spotless image with little-to-no off-field incidents, and a top quality club culture. A CEO who has seen us post the second-highest membership numbers of Sydney based clubs for the past 3 years, and has landed major sponsorship deals that have kept the club alive. And a CEO who landed a coach that delivered us the 2010 Premiership.

I'm quite happy with Doust as our CEO...no, he's not perfect, but he is so far from incompetent it's not funny.

Thanks Mrs Doust.

BennyV

Referee
Thanks Mrs Doust.

:thumb

Huge comeback there Chief...fact is you can't deny anything I've just said. Player retention (or lack thereof) in the face of circumstances beyond the Dragons control is no reason to call for the head of a CEO.

Gomarchin

Juniors
:thumb

Huge comeback there Chief...fact is you can't deny anything I've just said. Player retention (or lack thereof) in the face of circumstances beyond the Dragons control is no reason to call for the head of a CEO.

What would you like me to deny? With the supporter base the club has nationally - why are we lagging behind souths?? So are you happy with the CEO re-signing a rookie coach after a 50% win/loss ratio? Are you happy with a CEO that conitnues to make the same stupid mistakes (signing rookie coaches).

So you think Doust has done a good job with the player retention/recruitment policy and re-buidling of the club since 2010? If the answer is yet then you're related to Doust or Mr Doust himself.

jenninga

First Grade
What would you like me to deny? With the supporter base the club has nationally - why are we lagging behind souths?? So are you happy with the CEO re-signing a rookie coach after a 50% win/loss ratio? Are you happy with a CEO that conitnues to make the same stupid mistakes (signing rookie coaches).

So you think Doust has done a good job with the player retention/recruitment policy and re-buidling of the club since 2010? If the answer is yet then you're related to Doust or Mr Doust himself.
The club made an almighty effort to get Bellamy and Cronk,it was only because the sale of the Storm would be possible only if Bellamy stayed as coach.It was the loyalty which Bellamy felt to the club which stopped us getting him,nothing else.
Sure it backfired,but credit should go to the club for wanting to get the best coach in the game.

Latest posts