What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris

ByRd

First Grade
haha whatever you say little boy, Dugan is not the second coming, he is GOD haha only a matter of time before he leaves Canberra, no one will notice him down there

ByRd

First Grade
lol not really, I just think Idris is very overrated and will found out very soon. The way people talk about him it's as if he is some sort messiah...
Whats makes you think he will be found out?? and who talks about him as some messiah, you Canberra fans talk about Tongue, Campese, and now Dugan, where has that gotten them, nothing but solid first graders, well see what happens with Dugan

haha whatever you say little boy, Dugan is not the second coming, he is GOD haha only a matter of time before he leaves Canberra, no one will notice him down there

haha and only a matter of time before the Dogs rort the salary cap again by millions....:lol::lol:

ByRd

First Grade
Did Canberra not get found for rorting the cap after there 1990 GF victory??? come again....

sass

Juniors
Whats makes you think he will be found out??

when he plays all the first grade teams he hasn't played alrea .... oh. right. he's already in first grade.

people always seem to get so pissed off when anyone is positive about a footy player. god forbid!

ByRd

First Grade
when he plays all the first grade teams he hasn't played alrea .... oh. right. he's already in first grade.

people always seem to get so pissed off when anyone is positive about a footy player. god forbid!
Agreed, we are not saying he will be the greatest but from what we have seen, he has the potential to be a special player and is very mature for his age....i cant wait for him to get a big off season in to develop his body and come back bigger and better

He's just another Willie Mason. People call him awesome, call him a character just because of his size, hair style etc. It's all just hype and people buy into it all the time.

I guarantee soon enough he will be labeled as over-hyped and overrated

sass

Juniors
I'm a bit terrified of it! remember when Inglis reappeared after off-season and was an absolute monster? damn.

typicalfan

Coach
Idris will end up being bigger than Inglis or Folau, he may end up in the forwards but I think he is an outstanding talent.

Dugan is a great talent too, two very different players though.

sass

Juniors
He's just another Willie Mason. People call him awesome, call him a character just because of his size, hair style etc. It's all just hype and people buy into it all the time.

that's nothing to do with their ability tho ... that's just people overreacting.

willie WAS a great player. he just talked himself up too much, and couldn't keep it up consistently. even now (super rarely) he still shows flashes of old willie mason, specially if the game plan is right. saw it once or twice on the weekend against the warriors.

typicalfan

Coach
Also Willie Mason might well be the most poorly used player in the last decade, he is better suited to wide running but gets caught in the middle way too much.

ByRd

First Grade

Ay, why ignore my post about the salary cap rort by the Raiders??? bit before your time ;-)

and say what you want about Idris, we will wait and see what happens, only reason you are saying sh!t is cause he will most likely beat Dugan for ROTY

sass

Juniors
Also Willie Mason might well be the most poorly used player in the last decade, he is better suited to wide running but gets caught in the middle way too much.

agreed. he's wasted running straight up the middle and only being used for hit ups.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: @ Raiders_Premiers labelling one of our fans as "12 or 13" years old. Some of the rubbish I've seen in this thread rivals that from him :lol:

:lol: @ Raiders_Premiers labelling one of our fans as "12 or 13" years old. Some of the rubbish I've seen in this thread rivals that from him :lol:

:lol: No actually I think I've made some pretty valid points in this thread, and I assume he is of that age when he makes idiotic statements like
im sorry ur team has no good signings and is tipped to take out the spoon every year anyway

:lol::lol:

Ay, why ignore my post about the salary cap rort by the Raiders??? bit before your time ;-)

and say what you want about Idris, we will wait and see what happens, only reason you are saying sh!t is cause he will most likely beat Dugan for ROTY

So you're comparing our roughly $100,000 infringement, when the cap was newly implemented to the Bulldogs clear outright 1 million+ rort? :lol: having a laugh I think

We will see what happens, but I have no doubt whatsoever Josh Dugan will be a better player than that novelty Jamal Idris.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: No actually I think I've made some pretty valid points in this thread, and I assume he is of that age when he makes idiotic statements like

:lol::lol:
Valid points? Like having a personal shot at Idris because of an incidental photo of his torso? LMFAO Talk about weak. Bet you wouldn't post photos of yourself to compare...

Raiders_Premiers said:
So you're comparing our roughly $100,000 infringement, when the cap was newly implemented to the Bulldogs clear outright 1 million+ rort? :lol: having a laugh I think

We will see what happens, but I have no doubt whatsoever Josh Dugan will be a better player than that novelty Jamal Idris.
We'll see in the next few weeks just how Dugan handles Idris.

And yes, your rort WON YOU A PREMIERSHIP. $100,000 infringement was huge at the time and the record book still shows you as the premiers. $1mill was over a couple of seasons by the way, nice out-of-context comparison btw :lol:

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
What a freakish talent. Not only has he got a lethal fend, speed, strength and leaping ability, but some of his hits this year have been monstrous. I can remember him winning at least a couple of channel 9 brut big hits competitions.

He'd be my rookie of the year easily (and for the millionth time, yes he is eligible.) but then again I'm a tad bias :p It should be interesting to see who wins come Dally M night.

But the best thing to know is that the game is in great hands given all the tremendous talent we have coming through the ranks.

Latest posts