What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

The Nick

Bench
As you and Mr Red have pointed out this already happens to an extent. The NRL won't register a contract if it believes it is below value.

Funny enough this came about after we signed Gasnier in 2010 to a bargain contract.

GC Dragon

Juniors
So if the Nrl apply this to Roberts you would think both the Rorters and Bronco's wouldn't be able to fit him in .

But with us if we have enough to chase Hiku/Lafai at say 300k to 350k ? and with Farrel about to retire that would free up another 300k ?...We would be able to have a real crack at Roberts

Mr Red

First Grade
As you and Mr Red have pointed out this already happens to an extent. The NRL won't register a contract if it believes it is below value.

Funny enough this came about after we signed Gasnier in 2010 to a bargain contract.

no - gasniers overall contract was fine - it was the structure of the deal that was the problem ( heavily back-ended)
he signed for 4.5 years at about 1.9million so nothing wrong with those figures back then...
the furore was in regards to the first year of his deal only being worth around 40-50k as this was all we had left on the cap... it was heavily back ended with third party deals involved.
other clubs protested that the NRL approved the contract - and in theory we signed an international player on 40k for a season...

Last edited:

The Nick

Bench
no - gasniers overall contract was fine - it was the structure of the deal that was the problem ( heavily back-ended)
he signed for 4.5 years at about 1.9million so nothing wrong with those figures back then...
the furore was in regards to the first year of his deal only being worth around 40-50k as this was all we had left on the cap... it was heavily back ended with third party deals involved.
other clubs protested that the NRL approved the contract - and in theory we signed an international player on 40k for a season...

Isn't that what I just said?

possm

Coach
I'm hearing that Roberts is considering a move back to Sydney because his partner is home-sick. Also Mundine is advising Roberts.

getsmarty

Immortal
I'm hearing that Roberts is considering a move back to Sydney because his partner is home-sick. Also Mundine is advising Roberts.

Have heard the same about a week ago. Whether the source is correct, time will tell.

Last edited:

STGI

Juniors
So Hiku goes to Penrith
Roberts to broncos
Tim lafai left

Our recruitment back to the way it was. If we don't land any of them it will be utterly embarrassing

V

Vasilevsky

Listening to a MMM podcast
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...&utm_campaign=crm&utm_source=daily_sportsmail

The Titans apparently offered him not an extra cent, only a sponsor car for 2 years. FMD that club is a loonie bin.

A scientific analysis, albeit maybe not on the same level as Marx's scientific analysis of capitalist economy in Das Kapital, may lead to the conclusion the club is doing the right thing. Never offer a player overs. Pretty much every player recruited by supercoach Price was on massive overs and look at the mess that led to.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Just listened to Roberts on the news up here ...Now managed by his uncle . They said the Dragons and the Broncos are after him .

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Look this guy will be picked up but I am not sure he is a fit for the Dragons.He has shown no respect for the Titans after they had resurrected his career and shown good faith with a new contract.He will be expensive and I am sure we can spend the money better elsewhere.Would prefer Lafai ahead of him.

BennyV

Referee
Look this guy will be picked up but I am not sure he is a fit for the Dragons.He has shown no respect for the Titans after they had resurrected his career and shown good faith with a new contract.He will be expensive and I am sure we can spend the money better elsewhere.Would prefer Lafai ahead of him.

With all due respect...are you f**king high?

dino2170

Juniors
are you guys serious we need him he gives us the x factor that every team has bar saints. given we have a couple of y factors but no true x factor WE NEED HIM

IMAGINE A BACKLINE OF
MANN
THE RETURN MAN {cant remember his name}
duges
roberts
nightengale
widdop
marshal

Last edited:

the_saints

Juniors
We have a better chance of signing Mundine then Roberts ... We got the coin but there's nothing for him at the RED V ..

_Johnsy

Referee

I can't agree. The Titans forged his signature on a contract (illegally). How much respect did the Titans show him. They then offered him an upgraded contract for 2016 & 2017, allegedly the upgrade was not one extra cent, but a sponsors car for that 2 year period. Respect, give me a break mate.