What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Soward going to panthers

TheRev

Coach
Definitely puts us in an interesting situation for next year, we surely cant be pinning our future on Kyle Stanley or Josh Drinkwater, especially given the lack of game-time he has been getting, I think we can assume Rangi Chase is coming, but that still leaves a big hole to fill, Rangi might not cut it for all we know.

Id be happy to see it filled with someone young since we wont get Cronk/JT etc.. but not another Drinkwater, it has to be someone we can drop straight into 1st grade.

MattYg1

Bench
Definitely puts us in an interesting situation for next year, we surely cant be pinning our future on Kyle Stanley or Josh Drinkwater, especially given the lack of game-time he has been getting, I think we can assume Rangi Chase is coming, but that still leaves a big hole to fill, Rangi might not cut it for all we know.

Id be happy to see it filled with someone young since we wont get Cronk/JT etc.. but not another Drinkwater, it has to be someone we can drop straight into 1st grade.

My concern with Rangi was that i was happy for his signing if Soward was the other half because I believe there playstyles would have meshed great together and given us something quite good out of a halves paring...

But Rangi without Soward... hmmmm i dont know about that...

Interesting times ahead Dragons fans...

Elias1983

Coach
There are some posters in jubilee ave who are saying that smh journos are saying dragons have are close to signing carney and thompson from raiders...

Crescent dragon

Juniors
Rangi is no Soward by any stretch. We have missed the pommie Tompkins who looks to have signed with the Warriors.
He is the Billy Slater of Super League.
You don't know what you've got till its gone and Sowie will be missed.
Carney not the answer.

Mr Red

First Grade
myself and a few others have posted numerous times about a rift between Price and Soward going way back to when Price was still running the water bottle.
there was another incident early last season, and then the whole "back injury" saga last season...
i am guessing Pricey wasnt too interested in keeping Soward. And a 4 year deal at the dragons was never going to happen...
Pressure really on Price now to announce a major signing or two quick smart... as someone mentioned our rumoured signings drag on and on with zero outcomes... whereas other clubs seem to act quickly and professionally and sign up players with little fuss...

jenninga

First Grade
Surely there's some sort of 'master plan' in operation here. Must be some sort of major target for us for 2014?
There must be some planning by the club,especially now that Price is likely to be retained and a plan must surely be in place.
A special mention should be made to Browney who signed Soward who at the time was a fringe first grader who became a matchwinner for us many a time.I for one was annoyed at the signing ,but credit to him embraced the club and became an Origin and premiership player with us.

ghostface

Juniors
Easily one of Browns most astute acquisitions. His left boot was one of the key ingredients to Bennett's game plan.

Without Soward we would not have won a premiership.

I hope Saints fan's give him the respect he deserves. He is a true character wears his heart on his sleeve, speaks the truth and is never afraid to share his thoughts. Most league players whore themselves to media outlets whereas Jamie seems to hate the media, something endearing in that. Jamies an honest bloke which unfortunately is a dying breed in league... All the best Jamie.

Rangi is no Soward by any stretch. We have missed the pommie Tompkins who looks to have signed with the Warriors.
He is the Billy Slater of Super League.
You don't know what you've got till its gone and Sowie will be missed.
Carney not the answer.

tompkins might be the billy slater of super league but he wont be the the billy of the nrl!