What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Soward going to panthers

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
one of my favourites, and my wife + daughter's favourite.

sad day for the muzby household

1657947e

Old_Timer

Juniors
Gee words cannot express my disappointment at Jamie leaving. A very sad day for our club. No doubt he has his reasons, which we do not need to elaborate on. All we can do is say thank you for the memories and wish his every success with his new club.

As for our club management ........................... nah, probably left for another time.

dragonv

Juniors
So let me get this right. We go two years without a half back, fail to sign anyone in that position and now have let our match winning five-eight go?!!

All I can say is if we have signed someone or are chasing a half and a 5/8 we deserve to know now! This is ridiculous. I feel insulted by Peter Doust. INSULTED.

hardbaby

Coach
Well done to Jamie. Happy for him to sign an obviously lucrative contract. Happy we didn't try to match it!! I just hope his pride keeps him going for the rest of the season.

I would expect a number of Dragon's signings to be announced over the next few weeks. About time too.

TheRev

Coach
o There is no point having Soward around if he cant support the coach
o Im surprised another NRL club was interested tbh, im assuming his price is quite reasonable
o To be fair if Soward actually had a star halfback alongside him, he would probably look a lot better
o Whoever said Soward should go to Cutters.. no.. hes motivated right now and playing well, he didnt initiate the club change either, the choice wasnt his.
o Stanley can absolutely not be counted as a serious option, he is a 'maybe' / backup, he has next to Zero experience in the halves, its why I was so furious he was not getting gametime at #6 or #7 for the cutters instead of fullback & centre for 1st grade.
o Dragons have thrown offers to seemingly 50 halfbacks, im sure a couple of them will stick! Lets just hope they actually go ok.

nontime111

Juniors
Thanks jamie!!!!
Your my favourite dragon ever brother!!!!
Good luck and thank you for all your amazing service blood sweat guts and glory koori brother!!!
May you long rein supreme at the panthers!!!

Gutted bro...... Real men do cry.........

Nealo 12

First Grade
You'd f**king hope so Hutty. I wouldn't be banking on it though. Carney's the only player who's any good on the market so we'd basically better have him signed to some sort of cast iron pre-contract. We'll be relying heavily on the culture to keep him and Rangi in check. (Still think Dugan's off to Brisbane)

Good luck Sowie. Legend of St George for 2010. Loved having you here, hope you're screwing the Panthers for a fortune. Don't run dead in 2013.

We would of got him cheap ...you Daptos drove him out !

mickeylane

Bench
lets be serious!! Soward has been great for the Dragons but we needed a change in our halves and especially our attacking game...Soward apart from his kicking game offered nothing significant in attack compared to the topline 5/8/halfbacks like: Cronk, Cherry Evans, Thurston, Carney, Campese...all these players make things happen and challenge the opposition defence relentlessly...Jamie has faled to do this consistently year in and year out..
IMO this movement has allowed the Dragons to secure a probing half combination that will test the opposition..

Carney/Chase sounds like a very livewire combination if it goes that way....if we can secure J Morris or even Thompson and Dugan along w our new halves combo u will see the Dragons back in the top 4 pretty quickly...as our pack can hold their own against leading packs..

Im actually very excited w our prospects..

Im happy for jamie but happier for us..

tumbidragon

First Grade
Thanks for the GF victory Sowie you little champion! Gutted to see you go, but wish you and the Penny's luck mate ;)

Minh

First Grade
I will still be a fan watching you play for the Panthers Sowie taking it up to the doubters, 2010 was irreplaceable, such fond memories.