What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jealousy

Punkess

Juniors
I love maths at uni. I just think the maths teachers at school had a thing against me or something - possibly because I distracted everyone around me. I had like 3 different teachers in year 12. The first one was a 3u teacher and he like convinced me to drop 3u, so then I got another teacher for 2u and i was sent out of the class so much I asked to be dropped again into another 2u class and that one was cool.

Eelementary

Post Whore
See, I had the opposite problem. The teachers begged me to do 3 unit - and they even asked me to consider 4 unit. I don't know why, but I didn't.

It's funny - I finished second in my grade at maths, just behind the guy who did 4 unit.

Knightmare

Coach
Alba said:
Same goes for bloody men! Well my appointment is tomorrow and this always happens. I start getting things straight in my head and then I feel like I don't need it anymore. When I get there I won't know what to say,then leave thinking everything is cool and it won't be long till i'm emotionally F***** again! So this time i've written everything down .. Don't know what else to do .. As for keeping everything inside, that's what has made me this bad to begin with .. I always had the mentality of taking care of myself, that I am noone else's problem and I get myself into these ruts it's my responsiblity to get myself out of it, but there comes a time when it really is better to let someone else in .. anyyyywayyy

So weird. Today I'm going to talk to this guy I know as well, clear my head. But when the day gets closer it feels like suddenly everything isn't so bad and I wonder if I'll remember what I wanted to talk about in the first place! I think it's just your sub-conscious mind trying to scare you into not dealing with the problem at hand. But, like farting, I say better out than in. You keep it to yourself long enough and you just go round in circles :crazy:

Eelementary said:
It's actually kind of funny. The school made such a fuss over those that got 90+ - like they were some sort of genius or something.

and skool never gave a f**k about anyone else, found that out in year 7

go to year 7 guidance counciler 'miss these dudes r being racist and making fun of me' f**king 4th day of year 7 didnt know a single motherf**ker, her reply 'cant u sort these things out yourself?' so i did and beat his ass and then i get sent to the principals office being "corrected" by the same flawed system that failed me f**k school and all forms of authority

and where does talking get you? you can easily talk to yourself about your problems and be in the same place as talking to a shrink, then again its gotta be better than drugs and alcohol which are disease infested band-aids which cover the outside for a while but f**k you even worse, farrrrrrrrrrk life and ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL its motherf**kers

Johns Magic

Referee
KrypnotiK said:
and skool never gave a f**k about anyone else, found that out in year 7

go to year 7 guidance counciler 'miss these dudes r being racist and making fun of me' f**king 4th day of year 7 didnt know a single motherf**ker, her reply 'cant u sort these things out yourself?' so i did and beat his ass and then i get sent to the principals office being "corrected" by the same flawed system that failed me f**k school and all forms of authority

and where does talking get you? you can easily talk to yourself about your problems and be in the same place as talking to a shrink, then again its gotta be better than drugs and alcohol which are disease infested band-aids which cover the outside for a while but f**k you even worse, farrrrrrrrrrk life and ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL its motherf**kers

Anyone got a gun?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I know how you feel.

I gave up midway through Year 12. I don't know why (parents split up, and I had only been in the school for 2 years...perhaps they were factors). But I still got a UAI of 82. Not brilliant, but not at all shabby.

On the school's HSC Results BBQ, they asked those who got 90 and above to go see the principal for a photo opp, while the rest of us made idle chat with the staff.

WTF?

Anyway. Yeah, I'd consider doing Maths at uni, but the problem is there's nowhere you can go with it. I don't really like teaching, so...there's not really avenue for too much career path with pure maths...

Punkess

Juniors
Well, if you do any science you usually need to know some maths. So if you're interested in any other science you can do some maths subjects within another course, and it would be pretty useful. I pretty much did that.

Job prospects are pretty important I guess but if you do something you like and do well (which is easier if you like it), then jobs shouldn't be a problem. There are things you can do with a maths degree other than teaching. My supervisor has a PhD in maths, he is a lead researcher at one company and supervises postgrad research students!

God-King Dean

Immortal
Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaint
Georrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrge !

Elia

Juniors
Geez I'm just about to go into yr 12 and hearing all these stories makes me feel a tad queasy...One thing, How does Uni work? is it like school or better?

Martli

Coach
Elia said:
Geez I'm just about to go into yr 12 and hearing all these stories makes me feel a tad queasy...One thing, How does Uni work? is it like school or better?

Basicly with uni you do about 3-4 subjects per semester (depends on what uni you go to and what subjects you're doing etc.) and you get a certain amount of lectures which can have anywhere from 1-300 people (Again depends on your uni could be more) and tutorials (about 10-20 people) and then if you're doing sciencey stuff you might have a few labs on top of that. Most of it you don't have to go to but if you want to pass it's a good idea to go :lol: .

Way better than school.

Punkess

Juniors
Half lectures usually half tutorials/labs (labs go for longer). You pick subjects (in my uni/course I had 5 each semester in first year, and 6 each semester every after that). You have core subjects that you gotta do and then you can choose some electives. Also obviously you have less contact hours than school so you're expected to do work out of class time. Class is there for guidance/assistance but the real work is up to you.

I hated school and I reckon uni is better!I also hate people who told me that school was the best time of their lives, cause it made me think - so this is as good as it gets!! Anyway it's not true. Uni is hard work though, so in that way it's heaps different, but the good thing is you can sort of choose what you do so hopefully you'll be studying stuff you like and that your interested in. :)

Alba

Coach
Knightmare said:
So weird. Today I'm going to talk to this guy I know as well, clear my head. But when the day gets closer it feels like suddenly everything isn't so bad and I wonder if I'll remember what I wanted to talk about in the first place! I think it's just your sub-conscious mind trying to scare you into not dealing with the problem at hand. But, like farting, I say better out than in. You keep it to yourself long enough and you just go round in circles :crazy:

yeah well it wasn't so bad .. didn't really know what to say to her but she kept asking questions that at the time of her asking I didn't think they were relevant but then she told me why she wanted to know and it all started to make sense .. she thinks I have an aggressive personality because of my dad and that's the way he always was but she also thinks that I haven't always been like that and with a little bit of time I can fix it. She also advised me not to drink as much as I have been lately because it's a downer and then after the appointment I went n got p*ssed at the footy! She asked me where my happy place is and I told her i'm happiest when i'm at the football and she was like "well that's not the calmest place in the world" and I jus told her it's a different kind of anger when you're at a game .. anyway she gave me a task to do and I have to go back in 2 weeks .. she said I have to write down every time I feel down and write what I do to feel better .. then I can use it for future reference .. she also told me that if I go back and tell her it didn't work then she will consider referring me on to a psychiatrist .. so yeah .. damn that was a long post!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Thing is, I want lots of money :lol:.

As for uni - if you do a course you actually want to do, it's the best time of your life. Social life, academic life...All in one...It's awesome.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Alba said:
yeah well it wasn't so bad .. didn't really know what to say to her but she kept asking questions that at the time of her asking I didn't think they were relevant but then she told me why she wanted to know and it all started to make sense .. she thinks I have an aggressive personality because of my dad and that's the way he always was but she also thinks that I haven't always been like that and with a little bit of time I can fix it. She also advised me not to drink as much as I have been lately because it's a downer and then after the appointment I went n got p*ssed at the footy! She asked me where my happy place is and I told her i'm happiest when i'm at the football and she was like "well that's not the calmest place in the world" and I jus told her it's a different kind of anger when you're at a game .. anyway she gave me a task to do and I have to go back in 2 weeks .. she said I have to write down every time I feel down and write what I do to feel better .. then I can use it for future reference .. she also told me that if I go back and tell her it didn't work then she will consider referring me on to a psychiatrist .. so yeah .. damn that was a long post!

Good to hear things are going well for you!

God-King Dean

Immortal
Only reason I'll agree with you Timmah is because Saints lost & I have a broken collarbone & can't go out & play footy to vent my frustration.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'd love to go out and play footy to vent my frustration. I did play mixed netball earlier today and ended up premiers but that's hardly the same :(

Latest posts