What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings

Special K

Coach

Why is it typical though? The Panthers did us a solid in letting us have Lewis. Why would they give us Jennings also? Especially when we have arguably their best jnr they have produced in the past 5 years on our books.

Would you be happy if they took Gallen then asked us to help chip in 200k so Carney could go there also?

It is a shame Jennings won't be coming. He is the type of player that would fill what has been our biggest weakness for the past 10 years.

Ausguy

Coach
I get your point K, however if Gus is willing to do the same deal for another club and not Cronulla its just typical of him and his hatred for the sharks. I have nothing against Penrith but plenty against gould.

I reckon he wont last his stint at Penrith.

Special K

Coach
It is a business though mate. Do you think the tigers fans would have been as upset if Gibbs, Ryan, Fifita and Heighno went to 4 different clubs? It makes no business sense for him to allow another big name player to come here so soon while he pays for the privilege of getting him off his books and onto ours. If I was him and I had two offers where both cost me the same I would not allow him to come here either.

Gould hand gifted us their best player and we have their best jnr. It would be suicide to give us their most exciting player especially if other sides are willing to offer the same/better deal for the Panthers. The backlash was already huge when Lewis came here. He cannot afford to lose another big name local to the Sharks. Plus Gordon!

If you thought he hated the Sharks before I sure you won't be happy when he calls our next game with Lewis playing for us.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Roosters are paying part of mose contract apparently. I heard there is another going to Penies too.
So in the end it becomes a game of salary cap juggling between the 2. In the end, the Roosters will be paying Jennings 600k, if you get what I mean.

Special K

Coach
I think the Panthers have bought well(Would have loved it if we landed Roberts or Pangai) but surely there has to be some concerns with adding 12 new players into your top squad. They've also cut Siejka a few days before pre season who looks promising and plays a position they do not have much depth in. Something has to be going on.

How much does Blake Austin just scream Penrith

00073432_Image.jpeg

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I think the Panthers have bought well(Would have loved it if we landed Roberts or Pangai) but surely there has to be some concerns with adding 12 new players into your top squad. They've also cut Siejka a few days before pre season who looks promising and plays a position they do not have much depth in. Something has to be going on.

How much does Blake Austin just scream Penrith

00073432_Image.jpeg

Do you honestly think Blake would have any trouble fitting in at the Shire?