What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings

cb4

First Grade
Not right now no. I might pull out the 91 & 03 GF DVDs later and rub one out though. You should try it. Oh wait....

I was attempting to read through this, but stopped when a grown man admitted to masterbating over 34 sweaty men rubbing on each other for 80 minutes.

Twice.

soc123_au

Staff member
It would be ironic should we win one with so many panthers players after 03.

I actually hope you guys do win it this year. I am pretty confident it wont be us & my next preference would be the Sharks. If for no other reason as Dragons fans will for the most part go silent for a few years. Also I dont think we would have got there in 03 without the efforts of Martin Lang & Presto, 2 of the finest players to wear the Penrith Jersey. Hopefully you guys will look on Lewis, Gordon & Wade with the same fondness in 10 years.

And no CB4 if you do win I wont be ever rubbing one out to that DVD:crazy:

Poss

Juniors
Jennings not on Sharks radar: Flanagan

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/jennings-not-on-sharks-radar-flanagan-20130114-2cpiq.html

As far as secret negotiations go, Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan believes the Sharks' bid to snare out-of-favour NRL centre Michael Jennings from Penrith is up there with the best of them.

"They're that secret I don't even know anything about them," Flanagan told AAP on Monday.

Jennings is being shopped around by the Panthers whose desperation to free up salary cap space is being hamstrung by the NSW Origin star's reported $650,000 contract.

The Sydney Roosters remain favourites to jag the talented 24-year-old, with the Panthers expected to pick up the tab for part of his current contract in order to get him off their books.

But even with Penrith subsidising the rich deal, Flanagan says the Sharks are in no position to accommodate Jennings after splashing out for two of his high-profile teammates, Luke Lewis and Michael Gordon, as well as Wests Tigers pair Beau Ryan and Chris Heighington in the off-season.

While most clubs would be delighted to land a player of Jennings' calibre this late in pre-season, his price tag puts him out of play for much of the NRL.

"We haven't spoken to his manager or him or anyone else for that matter," Flanagan added.

"We just haven't got the money. Not too many people have got it.

"I'd love to have him, don't get me wrong. But it hasn't been spoken about."

As it stands, centre remains a headache for Flanagan with up to six players trying to fill the left centre spot to partner Ben Pomeroy, who will play on the right.

New recruits Jonathan Wright and Ryan are both capable of playing wing or centre, while Ricky Leutele, Stewart Mills and Matthew Wright will all push to fill the No.3 jersey left vacant by Colin Best's retirement - starting with their first trial match, against Manly on February 8.

"I'd like to think if Pom's fit and healthy he'll get one spot and who wants the other one is a real battle as well," Flanagan said.

In good news for the Sharks, five-eighth Todd Carney continues to train strongly in his recovery from a ruptured achilles and remains on track to play round one.

"He's out on the field and running straight lines now, so that's encouraging," Flanagan said.

"The medical staff are saying Todd will be right for the first competition game, so that's something to look forward to.

"It will take a bit of time (to get back to his best), but he's heading in the right direction."

The Sharks are also hopeful that starting prop Bryce Gibbs (shoulder) will be ready for their season-opener against Gold Coast Titans on March 10.

Ausguy

Coach
Really K?

There is still 2 months until kickoff (minus 4 days).

Ive heard everything from Round 1 to Round 10... realistically if he is fit they will play him round 1 i have no doubt, its what we do. However, what are the chances of him being 100%?

carcharias

Immortal
I don't think pom is out there in the centres for his attacking skills.
He is a very good defender with plenty of mongrel .
Blokes don't want to run at him.
We do not have anyone else who can play centre with his aggression.

Plastered

Juniors
Sorry but I have to bring out the old 'but Pom was our top try scorer for the last 2 years'. I actually thought he had a pretty good season last year. Although his trend seems to be 1 good year, 2 bad. Let's hope he can string 2 decent years together. I hope Leutele gets first crack at the other spot.

DJShaksta

First Grade
I agree plastered.
He seems to have fixed his hands and is an aggressive player.
If he has a good winger outside him defensively then he defends well.
Covell told him exactly where to go and who to hit in defense and he was fine for the most part.

Pomm is a handful and scored some good solo tries last year by breaking tackles.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Pom is great when his role is clear. It will be interesting to see how he gels with the likes of Beau, Jono and Flash who will all be vying for space outwide with the ball running into gaps. I'm not sure how Pom goes in a sweeping backline. He's kinda in the Cooper mould in as much as he gets the ball and rarely passes it. Fortunately he defends like Coop as well.

cb4

First Grade
Agree with carch. Attacking ability of Stephen Hawking but defends baaadassss.

He is a terrible defender. People just get excited about him because 2 12 year old shielas on another forum dubbed him the "Pom slam"

His defensive reads are so poor its not funny. He is more of a liabilty in defense, it's just clouded by his brute strength to throw someone like Hulk Hogan.

cb4

First Grade
Pom is great when his role is clear. It will be interesting to see how he gels with the likes of Beau, Jono and Flash who will all be vying for space outwide with the ball running into gaps. I'm not sure how Pom goes in a sweeping backline. He's kinda in the Cooper mould in as much as he gets the ball and rarely passes it. Fortunately he defends like Coop as well.

No he doesnt.