What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2008 season

Cabra4eva

Juniors
Good result for Cabbra allthough defence a little dissapointing in patches.

Had a mate at the Bulls game.... Maybe Coach baysari would do well to leave tippett out of the side if he needs to squeeze the 43 points he had not playing...Maybe Mounties are destined for another middle of the road season.... Bulls are definately favourates to take it out this year...
Rumour mill strong that Bowie has had fall out will Baysari....time will tell how this will work out but apparently Bowie not at the game....Dave....oops sorry NFED hope you enjoyed perth LOL..

Perth Red

Post Whore
The WA Reds lost to Souths Logan from the Q'land cup 38-10. I've written a brief match summary in the interstate forum if your interested.

Reds have looked good in pre season trials. How well they manage to cope with travelling and the weekly grind of a higher comp will be interesting to see. i can see them upsetting a few teams this season.

Nfed

Juniors
Cabra4eva said:
Good result for Cabbra allthough defence a little dissapointing in patches.

Had a mate at the Bulls game.... Maybe Coach baysari would do well to leave tippett out of the side if he needs to squeeze the 43 points he had not playing.....

It is very easy to fit in Tippett (5), Farah (5), Winterstein (3), Smith (3), Naiqama (3), Saleh (3), Koroi (7) and Rasaubale (9) - total 38 - because if all are selected, the 8 players they replace are likely to be worth 38 or more.

Very easy to switch players around when your club has lots of loyalty discounts, not easy when your club has virtually none.

PS Who is Dave?

Cabra4eva

Juniors
Sorry DEFN (NFED) you make a valid point so how are teams like Cronulla, Shellhabour, Mounties , Cambelltown and any new teams ever going to compete you tell me a club that is prepared to make a three year commitment when they know that established clubs like Wenty, Cabra , Sydney Bulls and Windsor are 40 point clear from the start.

Perhaps the only team to have come thru of more recent times is Belrose but it has taken its time....

NFED what surprises me is that to all and sundry you are heavily intrenched within the bulls that you even know the PPIS for each player and since you joined the Forum in 2003 have dodged your way around your commitment to this club so please if you are so intuned with the club why cant you answer the myrad of questions that have been posed of you of more recent times and no answers...

Anyway what you and your staff do with resources and financial backing is tremendous and your passion is never questioned but when are you going to realise its about the players.

Good luck in 2008 and Go Cabra!!!!!

Nfed

Juniors
Cabra4eva said:
Sorry DEFN (NFED) you make a valid point so how are teams like Cronulla, Shellhabour, Mounties , Cambelltown and any new teams ever going to compete you tell me a club that is prepared to make a three year commitment when they know that established clubs like Wenty, Cabra , Sydney Bulls and Windsor are 40 point clear from the start.

Perhaps the only team to have come thru of more recent times is Belrose but it has taken its time....

NFED what surprises me is that to all and sundry you are heavily intrenched within the bulls that you even know the PPIS for each player and since you joined the Forum in 2003 have dodged your way around your commitment to this club so please if you are so intuned with the club why cant you answer the myrad of questions that have been posed of you of more recent times and no answers...

Anyway what you and your staff do with resources and financial backing is tremendous and your passion is never questioned but when are you going to realise its about the players.

Nfed

Juniors
Cabra4eva said:

Truly bizarre post. This is a fan forum. I am a fan. No one has ever asked me if I am an official. I am not and have never been an official of any club. Anyone that can count to 5 can master the points system - one point off for every year you play for a club up to 5. Keep your programs, if you have no memory. Some clubs have stats on their websites. Try google. But if you want it easy, go to Belrose. I go there a lot. Go to the canteen, pick up the match program, see the list of every player in both teams and their points. It is easy after that eh!

In 2000 I used to email match reports to a guy in Queensland, he ran the RLeague site for the NSWRL comps because no one in NSW was interested. The site referred to me as "our exclusive metro cup reporter". It was not a chat line so you did not have clowns abusing and stalking you.

It was a good hobby but it is not worth putting with your sh*t, so I sign off for the last time. Now the players get sero piblicity.

overtheline

Juniors
Nfed, why let the comments of just one poster upset you. There are many here including myslef that really appreciate your views and comments. all I say is keep up the good work.....with so little known about the jBCup sides....every little bit of infro helps.

Spike

First Grade
Ahhhh don't be so melodramatic Nfed. You're folding quicker than a Central Coast Jim Beam Cup side. Apart from my monthly subscription to RLR, you're my (and everybody elses) main source of Jim Beam Cup coverage on this forum. Don't let one person spoil the great work that you put in.

Please stick around Nfed!

There are a lots of people who read this forum who really appreciate the insight and information you provide here - myself included... Wouldn't be the same without you!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Nfed...please stick around.

we need people like you in here you're an absolute asset to this website.

girvie

Staff member
Nfed i think you should keep posting on the forum. I like to read your comments.

2BLUES

Juniors
So do I. NFED I'am a Cabra supporter since metrocup days, your input to this forum makes me log in everytime to get an update and valuable information on whats happening with JBC. Always appreciated your hard work over the years and effort you put in daily in here. Dont let others get the better of you.

Who's he to judge?

Spike

First Grade
Cronulla-Caringbah have already pulled the pin on their Jim Beam Cup team which is going to throw a spanner into the works as far as the draw is concerned with comp kicking off this weekend. They've sighted a lack of sponsorship as the reason as to why they're pulling out.

korky

Juniors
Spike said:
Cronulla-Caringbah have already pulled the pin on their Jim Beam Cup team which is going to throw a spanner into the works as far as the draw is concerned with comp kicking off this weekend. They've sighted a lack of sponsorship as the reason as to why they're pulling out.

Think you'll find the cronulla team has been taken over by an other club. I think they are now called the Southern Sharks. They still have the same coaching staff ect

jets fan

Juniors
2 True Blues said:
The wheels keep a fallin !!

How'd the rhino's go !

the rhinos are lookin good they only have one player sent down from newtown turning out for them but are looking like a solid top 5 team this year