What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2008 season

Cant say I am a fan of any one team but am around the Mounties and Cabra clubs a bit more than the others.
Although I do like Chester Hill and Wenty also.
More a fan of the competition.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Cant say I am a fan of any one team but am around the Mounties and Cabra clubs a bit more than the others.
Although I do like Chester Hill and Wenty also.
More a fan of the competition.
..yeah.. I Reckon the JBC is only gonna get stronger & Expand ..it's at the Buisness End of the season Now and the Teams are Becoming more Competative.. Southern sharks & Campbelltown Eagles are no longer EasyBeats,.. like Earlier in the Season. Havin the REDS join in is a Big Bonus..Also it would be Great to have a Team from Adelaide.. or NSW Country ..Thrown into the mix, but at the End of the Day money Talks. & I Believe Each Team Has a Couple of players Good Enough to step up to Premier League..& when i watch some of those VB NSW cup Games on The.. League TV Link ..They maybe Better of Fitness wise .. But The Pace of the game is not much Faster than that of JBC...

Last edited:
Love to see a team from NSW country compete.
Maybe one of the stronger groups can put a team together and call on all of the local talent.
The CRL should try and make it happen.
The thing I notice in this comp is you have to be on your game each week and that is great.
I also like the fact that teams like the Sharks and Campbelltown can have a go at top level footy and having WA in the comp is fantastic.
I have heard that former Entrance boss Gary Launt, who is now running the NT league is trying to get a team to enter based in Darwin.

Roland

Juniors
Ben Taia is back at Wenty. He played in 2006, starting in A Grade but got a run during mid season injuries and held the spot for the rest of the season. Then last year he played Premier League with Wests. Last I heard he had followed his brother Zeb to Newcastle Knights but I guess that didnt work out, so he is back on the Wenty bench.

This means that Wenty will now have about 4 players from their 2006 side.

Roland

Juniors
Ben Rogers, who was signed by St George a few weeks ago, after seeking a release from Souths, will play for Shellharbour Marlins tonight.

Roland

Juniors
Even with recent NRL players Ben Rogers, Ben Ellis and Jon Green in the side, the Shellharbour Marlins could not get the 2 points from the bottom team, Southern Sharks. The result was a 36 all draw.

LimeTime

Juniors
Could work for em. The other team will be missing tackles thru laughter at it.

False sense of security to the opposition just lookin at em, lmfao, that would have to be backed up with some return fire.lol........

PS... Whats the half time entertainment on breast awareness day. Cheer girls milking a dairy cow whilst wearing a pink mad G, and pink fury slippers. lol.....
Ahhh come on ,Get behind the Idea ,There's not a lot better than Boobs, Boobs are great ,we all love em ,And in my opinion the more the merrier( 2 on each girl is perfect) and as we all know healthy boobs are good boobs;-)
Oh and your Idea about the cheer girl has some Merritt ,not sure about the cow though ,dunno if udders qualify as breasts:D
The initiative, will see the Club hopefully raise over $10,000, has been well supported and will hopefully attract a big crowd to New Era Stadium. All pink jumpers worn on the day will be signed and sold for $250 each, with all proceeds going to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.

Last edited:

Roland

Juniors
results for sunday games were Cabra beat Campbelltown 34-24, Mounties beat Wenty 34-22 amd Erina beat Chester Hill 52-4.

LimeTime

Juniors
The table after round 15 is:

24 Mounties
22 Windsor*, Bulls
20 Shellharbour
17 Cabramatta
16 Erina
14 Belrose*
13 Wenty
8 Reds, Chester Hill*
7 Campbelltown
5 Southern Sharks*

* deferred game

Roland

Juniors
that table is starting to look very interesting now. Belrose should pick 2 points from the deferred game and then 2 crunch games in the next full round - Cabra v Mounties and Erina v Shellharbour.

Bulldogs_1935

Juniors
Did any of you guys happen to catch the game between Wentys and Mounties on Sunday. If you did you would have witnessed one of the worst incidents I have seen on a footy field.

The Wenty halfback got the ball on the last tackle, shrugged off one of the Mounties players and put the kick downfield. The Wenty halfback then chased the kick downfield and as he did, the Mounties player chased him down and king hit him in the side of the face. The Wenty halfback was knocked out cold and was unconscious on the ground for a couple of minutes. He was taken to hospital in an ambulance and now has a shattered cheekbone and fractured eye socket and possible damage to his eye. He will need reconstructive surgery to place a metal plate or bone from his hip to repair the fractures.

Now to the biggest disgrace of all. I've since been told the Mounties player only received a 3 match suspension by the judiciary. This means he will be back for the finals, while the Wenty player is set to miss the season and more importantly won't be able to work for a few weeks. I find this ruling to be absolutely disgusting. Sure there might not have been any video evidence, but there were plenty of witnesses there who would have seen the incident. If this had happened in the NRL, the player would have been looking at a minimum 8-10 weeks on the sideline IMO, if not alot more.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Did any of you guys happen to catch the game between Wentys and Mounties on Sunday. If you did you would have witnessed one of the worst incidents I have seen on a footy field.

The Wenty halfback got the ball on the last tackle, shrugged off one of the Mounties players and put the kick downfield. The Wenty halfback then chased the kick downfield and as he did, the Mounties player chased him down and king hit him in the side of the face. The Wenty halfback was knocked out cold and was unconscious on the ground for a couple of minutes. He was taken to hospital in an ambulance and now has a shattered cheekbone and fractured eye socket and possible damage to his eye. He will need reconstructive surgery to place a metal plate or bone from his hip to repair the fractures.

Now to the biggest disgrace of all. I've since been told the Mounties player only received a 3 match suspension by the judiciary. This means he will be back for the finals, while the Wenty player is set to miss the season and more importantly won't be able to work for a few weeks. I find this ruling to be absolutely disgusting. Sure there might not have been any video evidence, but there were plenty of witnesses there who would have seen the incident. If this had happened in the NRL, the player would have been looking at a minimum 8-10 weeks on the sideline IMO, if not alot more.
.. mate i watched a game between the bulls & cabra..rd 11 jun 8th.. chris yates was a victim of one the worst spear tackle i have ever witnessed.. he landed on the Top of his Head..it caused a squirmish between the two forward packs..i saw the ref put it on report. but when you look at the suspension & injury segment on the bulls lineup, ..theres only a mark butler name on it.. I doubt very much if this was the perpetrator of this spear tackle, as the bloke looked of east meditareanean appearance, which comes to my attention that he must have got off scot free.....

Last edited:

Roland

Juniors
I saw the Yates tackle on the Fox replay. Bulls halfback Adam Tippet was sent off and got a 2 week suspension. Butler got 13 weeks earlier in the season.

2 True Blues

Coach
Ahhh come on ,Get behind the Idea ,There's not a lot better than Boobs, Boobs are great ,we all love em ,And in my opinion the more the merrier( 2 on each girl is perfect) and as we all know healthy boobs are good boobs;-)

Behind em, in front, under or over them. All good to me..... ;-):cool::lol:

Latest posts