What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

Hellsy

Immortal
Hey Everyone!!

I got a letter from the club today saying that fees will be going up to $25 for the 2007 season.
2006 renewals close 31st July (not sure if that includes new members though)

Maybe MITS can confirm

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I've never even received memebrship after 6 months numerous phone calls and promises to fix it up

they are pathetic

they have kept my money tho

Stagger eel

Staff member
Twizzle said:
I've never even received memebrship after 6 months numerous phone calls and promises to fix it up

they are pathetic

they have kept my money tho

that's dreadful Twiz..ring em mate and give them a gobful.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i got that renewal thingy too. If you haven't renewed by now you have to, and if you have it was a warning that at Christmas this year you'll be up for $25 not $15.

I threw it in the bin, the bastards...

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
I am guessing after I pay the $25 that this will be a massive issue at the AGM.

amongst other things..

this could be the most interesting AGM in the clubs history..I can't wait :D

Well Lets see what points we have to raise.

* Did the Coaching Change Backfire
* Where has the Profesionalism in the club gone.
* Why has the cost of membership gone up? What is it covering for ?

Any other Eela?

James_Hardie

Juniors
I am not a member and haven't been invovled in this very commendable membership drive that has been driven here.

But if i am reading correctly and the club now has about 100 odd more members now than it did last year, why would they need to increase membership?

I have spoke with someone at the club and this is about getting the football club to pull it's weight a little more.

The Leagues club is continuing to be hit by a Large Tax bill and as such needs to find a way to save a little more money. The Football club is completely funded by the Leagues club and the leagues club has asked the the football club, to find a way to increase it's earnings so as the squeeze on it's leagues club budget is lessened.

It is also seen that members of the Football club are on the Majority not members of the Leagues club and hence don't frequent the club (or spend money inside it)

I Did state to the person that 800 odd members times 10 dollars more is only $8,000. And was advised that every little bit helps and it makes it a little fairer on the members of the leagues club.

strider

Post Whore
in other words .... they saw the jump in membership and thought it a good opportunity to make some more $$$s :?

btw - why should members of the football club that do not frequent the leagues club help subsidise the leagues club when they are getting nothing from the leagues club?

Hellsy

Immortal
I can kind of understand a rise, it has been $15 for as long as I have been a member I think.
When you take into account that you get the badge and book every year, I don't think there is alot of money left after the cost of those are covered....

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
Well Lets see what points we have to raise.

* Did the Coaching Change Backfire
* Where has the Profesionalism in the club gone.
* Why has the cost of membership gone up? What is it covering for ?

Any other Eela?

* Maybe we should also be more Media friendly and transparent with the clubs supporters.

that should cover it brother.

eelavation said:
* Maybe we should also be more Media friendly and transparent with the clubs supporters.

that should cover it brother.

I was saving that one up as a surprise rant. But I don't think the intended recipiant would have been in attendance.

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
I was saving that one up as a surprise rant. But I don't think the intended recipiant would have been in attendance.

mate it's not just him, I'm also talking about our CEO, who although doesn't have a hands on role of the football office tends to have 1 to many enemies in the media for our liking, he's also not short of a word to say in the most in appropriate time.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
strider said:
in other words .... they saw the jump in membership and thought it a good opportunity to make some more $$$s :?

ya reckon ??????

timing look to be really suspicions though - mass increase in membership, and then , whoops, a snap 66% increase in membership fees.

but hey, it's the least we can do to ensure that the great fitzy gets his bonus and a new lexus.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tyler Durden said:
ya reckon ??????

timing look to be really suspicions though - mass increase in membership, and then , whoops, a snap 66% increase in membership fees.

but hey, it's the least we can do to ensure that the great fitzy gets his bonus and a new lexus.

:lol:

what? a lousy 8K increase?? ...hardly anything to get the football club excited about.

it may pay for 1/3 of Fitzy's next Annual world club conference trip in Vegas.

Latest posts