What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jones experiment

Is the Stacey Jones experiment a failure

• We have no other option

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • No, he's going good.

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Yes, but we can remember the good times

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Yes, reputation in tatters

Votes: 15 26.8%

• Total voters

ozbash

Referee
It just one mans opinion....so don't get toooo wound up.

all good Bunny, hard to get wound up on a net forum..

actually agree with most of your 2010 team, except McKinnon .

all good Bunny, hard to get wound up on a net forum..

actually agree with most of your 2010 team, except McKinnon .

McKinnon a tough one.....Locke should get the fullback job next season which leaves angry wade on the outer. If the Warriors finish last as I am now predicting what will actually change?

Micistm

Bench
IMO finishing last is the ONLY way things MIGHT change. If they limp their way to a few average slogged wins toward the end of the season and scrap past the last team...then things won't change at all.
But they way they are playing I can't see us improving.

Meth

Staff member
62 min v the Roosters, inside their 20- last tackle. Jones gets the ball- sums up the situation. Passes the ball to Lillyman, who takes the tackle

That'll do me

Rich102

Staff member
I think it may have been Jones's best game of the year.
Sign him for another 5 years?:roll:

shiznit

Coach
62 min v the Roosters, inside their 20- last tackle. Jones gets the ball- sums up the situation. Passes the ball to Lillyman, who takes the tackle

That'll do me
actually mate... that was on... Lillyman just didnt know what to f**king do... if he drew and passed they had 2 on 1 out wide.

but i see your point. there have been a lot of moments from Jones this season where his directional skills were f**ked.

BigJ

Juniors
Its just plain sad.

Jonesy was a legend in his prime. Now hes just a has-been with no speed, no options and no creativity.

I think someone mentioned earlier that the pairing of Hohaia and Jones for the Titans game was the same disastrous pairing back in 2002 when we got flogged by most other teams. I would have thought cleary would have learnt from the past, but instead he went and dam well repeated it - with the same result!

Some others here are also saying its not all Jones fault, the rest of the team also need to take responsibility. I think thats a terrible excuse. Jones came here with huge expectations on him to deliver - they got rid of Rovelli, Fein, Witt all with the expectation that the mix of youth from Moon and the experience and mentoring from Jones would work. Well its failed. And its failed pretty dam miserably from what i can tell. Those drop goals by Jones against St George and Melbourne, I would have expected him to get. But he screwed it up like a rookie. Unforgiveable.

grrrrrrr........

Lets just bring on 2010. And maybe see if we can BRING BACK WITT! :D

Meth

Staff member
Criticism of Jones aside, he didn't end up having a terrible game. His last two performances have been on par, and his best performances of the season in the run on team- so credit where its due. But still not good enough

Meth

Staff member
actually mate... that was on... Lillyman just didnt know what to f**king do... if he drew and passed they had 2 on 1 out wide.

but i see your point. there have been a lot of moments from Jones this season where his directional skills were f**ked.

The most disappointing thing about Jones, for mine, is for all that experience, his last tackle options are a disgrace

ozbash

Referee
Criticism of Jones aside, he didn't end up having a terrible game. His last two performances have been on par, and his best performances of the season in the run on team- so credit where its due. But still not good enough

Exactly, its not good enough, but he's all we got or, the selectors are willing to play.

Stace made no promises when he was re-signed, the media and some fans cant say the same thing though..

Meth

Staff member
I feel sorry for Stacey in a way; when I first took the poll, I chose 'yes, but we can still remember the good times'. If I were to take it now, I would choose 'yes, reputation in shatters'. With every inept, blossoming to par performance, it gets harder and harder to remember the good times.

I still think Fien and Heremaia would be better.

ozbash

Referee
yeah, of course I did. I was rapt to hear that arguably the best player we have ever produced was coming out of retirement to help the club out of a bind.

Hind sight being the great thing it is, he should have been a benchie (are halfbacks 'impact' players) but the Warriors brainstrust decided to run the retirement flab off him and give him back his jersey. Knowing Stace, he didnt ask for it and actually put forward and argument for a couple of juniors (one played yesterday).

The failure of this season does not rest soley on his shoulders either.
He played behind a dull, imagination lacking, 1 dimensional, defense orientated pack of grunts and had to try to create play for a non existent 5/8th, centres who never actually had a clue what the 'gameplan' was and one of the wings was a pathetic limp wristed wimp with a big rep and sfa else. wont even start on the fullback.

So yea, maybe he shouldnt have been asked to make a return. He is however, a sh*tload better than the wanker we had running around in the 7 jersey last year.

Meth

Staff member
yeah, of course I did. I was rapt to hear that arguably the best player we have ever produced was coming out of retirement to help the club out of a bind.

Hind sight being the great thing it is, he should have been a benchie (are halfbacks 'impact' players) but the Warriors brainstrust decided to run the retirement flab off him and give him back his jersey. Knowing Stace, he didnt ask for it and actually put forward and argument for a couple of juniors (one played yesterday).

The failure of this season does not rest soley on his shoulders either.
He played behind a dull, imagination lacking, 1 dimensional, defense orientated pack of grunts and had to try to create play for a non existent 5/8th, centres who never actually had a clue what the 'gameplan' was and one of the wings was a pathetic limp wristed wimp with a big rep and sfa else. wont even start on the fullback.

So yea, maybe he shouldnt have been asked to make a return. He is however, a sh*tload better than the wanker we had running around in the 7 jersey last year.

For the most, I agree with you, which is rare.

I still think we were better with Fien, but we will always disagree, and I can't see either of us budging.

I said at the beginning of the year that Stacey's best possible role was as an impact player off the bench and we already have Hohaia.

Don't understand your beef with McKinnon- he's playing good football

Drzoidberg

Juniors
But what is wrong is that Fien pretty much had those same circumstances as Stacey and we werent one of the worst attacking teams as we are now.

ozbash

Referee
I still think we were better with Fien, but we will always disagree, and I can't see either of us budging.

I went off him with the 'granny' bizo, for mine it was cheapening the Kiwi jersey, but thats a thread in itself.

Nothing agains Fien at hooker, I rate him. Dont at halfback.

Macca's starting to come right (I hope) , we'll need his flair on Sunday...

Latest posts