What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary Charges: Johns facing four weeks

Leagueguy

Juniors
Totally ridiculous. Doesn't even warrant a one game suspension. Maybe ten in the bin if he did twice in a game. I can't believe we are still talking about this.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:shock: So there are actually people on the forums who are capable of talking sense ;-)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Gene Krupa said:
Seriously dude. I can't wait to see you're gloating arse cry it's way all over the forums when your guys choke out of the finals series!

Gonna be so funny when it happens! Have you're excuses all prepared in advance. f**king pretenders!

Difference is that (and I don't mean it in a bad way Raider's fans) is that the Raiders were tipped for the spoon! They have over achieved getting into the final 8!

skeepe

Immortal
Jobdog said:
:shock: So there are actually people on the forums who are capable of talking sense ;-)

Sure are mate.

Like everyone who doesn't support Newcastle....

Iafeta

Referee
Jobdog said:

Absolutely Chief. Don't lose faith. We are out there.

Unfortunately though when we take our little red and blue shields off we can only see that a suspension is the right outcome.

skeepe

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
Difference is that (and I don't mean it in a bad way Raider's fans) is that the Raiders were tipped for the spoon! They have over achieved getting into the final 8!

Don't mean to deviate from the topic, but since it was brought up... Schif was absolutely right when he said that Canberra have not overachieved... they have achieved the goals they set. The reason Canberra were rated so low is simple, they are not a Sydney team and do not have mass over-exposure like Sydney teams do. Some of our players would be seen as stars if only the club had more exposure.

Anyway, back on topic.... Johns :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Gene Krupa said:
Seriously dude. I can't wait to see you're gloating arse cry it's way all over the forums when your guys choke out of the finals series!

Gonna be so funny when it happens! Have you're excuses all prepared in advance. f**king pretenders!

how can a team tipped to be spooners by all and sundry, choke?
:lol: defys the definition doesnt it?

we have over achieved according to everyone but our own fans, so we cant choke, looking forward to seeing a joeyless knights crash and burn

lockyno1

Post Whore
Raider_69 said:
we have over achieved according to everyone but our own fans, so we cant choke, looking forward to seeing a joeyless knights crash and burn

Agreed and seeing Joey throw his mouthguard again!:lol:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Iafeta said:
Absolutely Chief. Don't lose faith. We are out there.

Unfortunately though when we take our little red and blue shields off we can only see that a suspension is the right outcome.
A suspension may well have been the "right" outcome in many fans eyes, however, a possible four week suspension for, in all seriousness, calling a touch judge two words, yet something which could have resulted in a player getting a broken jaw constitutes a one-game suspension? How does that work.

Raider_69

Post Whore
infact the only choking that could happen involving canberra is if we manage to make an impact in the finals, in which case 90% of this forum will be choking on the humble pie they'll have to eat, on top of the humble pie they are already eating considering we are as all raiders fans said we would be and thats no where near the spoon and contesting a top 8 position :lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Jobdog said:
A suspension may well have been the "right" outcome in many fans eyes, however, a possible four week suspension for, in all seriousness, calling a touch judge two words, yet something which could have resulted in a player getting a broken jaw constitutes a one-game suspension? How does that work.

O'Donnell got sent off. If joey got sent off, and he should have. Then he would be looking at a smaller suspension. Fact is that with a clean record joey gets 2 weeks for this charge. It is his fault that he has a poor record!:lol:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
lockyno1 said:
O'Donnell got sent off. If joey got sent off, and he should have. Then he would be looking at a smaller suspension. Fact is that with a clean record joey gets 2 weeks for this charge. It is his fault that he has a poor record!:lol:
bullsh*t. I still cannot fathom how what Joey said is apparently three times as bad as what Luke O'Donnell did. All Joey said were words, thats it. Plain and simple. Matt Cecchin should go down to the shops tomorrow and get himself a skirt and run out with it on the weekend.

skeepe

Immortal
Jobdog said:
All Joey said were words, thats it. Plain and simple. Matt Cecchin should go down to the shops tomorrow and get himself a skirt and run out with it on the weekend.

Johns ABUSED AN OFFICIAL.

How are you so dim that you cannot understand this? f**k me dead.

Leagueguy

Juniors

It doesn't work. It's crazy. I'm a Broncos supporter and a Qld fan, so naturally Johns isn't my favourite player (because hes beaten us so many times). A big part of me would like to see him out of the finals just so he can't beat us again. So its tempting to agree with the suspension, but so stupid I just can't .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
skeepe said:
Johns ABUSED AN OFFICIAL.

How are you so dim that you cannot understand this? f**k me dead.
So WHAT. He said a few choice words, who bloody cares. Since when did this game get so f**king precious :roll:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Jobdog said:
bullsh*t. I still cannot fathom how what Joey said is apparently three times as bad as what Luke O'Donnell did. All Joey said were words, thats it. Plain and simple. Matt Cecchin should go down to the shops tomorrow and get himself a skirt and run out with it on the weekend.

Its not 3 times as bad. ODonnell got a grade 2 which is 1 week with a early plea. Johns would have got 2 weeks with a clean record! It is his fault he has a bad record!:lol:

Leagueguy

Juniors
Would it have been the same penalty if he'd said " You idiot" , or "thats a crazy call". or even after the game if he'd said " that call was ridiculous, the worst I've ever seen. what a joke"? I dont think it would have been. Its because he swore.

Kilkenny

Coach
Players no matter who they are must be accountable and cannot be allowed to use the language he used towards an official. The judiciary got it 100% right and Johns only has himself to blame and no one else.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
O'Donnell gets a one week suspension while Joey's looking at three. To me, that equates to being seen as three times as bad.