What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keating Gone?

Stagger eel

Staff member
There are fairies in the garden Stagger:lol:

well there certainly is your world casp..

Sorry I missed it. What was said in the interview?

the less said about it the better, honestly it was Ossie's worst interview I've ever heard, there was more back peddeling than a pollie under stress...

I found myself with more questions needing answered than answers themselves.

caylo

Bench
O'Hanlon didn't stand out as much this week because the rest of the team actually had a dig, last week vs the Tigers he was outstanding in a terrible team and was a big handfull for them.

O'Hanlon is a talent for sure, hope he can fullfill on the promise he shows!

Ive been very impressed with OHanlon and he shlould probably see some first grade next year IMO (assuming he gets a full season in this year).

ATM with Mateo performance I would happly see him leave along with most of our current players off contract. ATM I would probably keep Inu and KK and look to guys like Allgood, Pele, Horo and O'Hanlon to take over some responsibilty.

Even thou we have lost Cayless and possibly Mateo we would still have Fui, Poore and Mannah up front (enough experiance to have someone like Pele or Allgood brough into the team) and Hindy, Shak and Benny in the backrow and enough experiance to have someone like Horo or O'Hanlon on the bench.

Kornstar

Coach
I disagree. He may not be busting the line with every run, but he's bending it and getting his arms free for potential offloads. And he'll only improve.

I agree with this, i think Benny always looks dangerous when running out wide.

Fathead

Bench
Personally I would hope we pass on Luke O'Donnell. Was a great player but too long in the tooth now. Plus he is asking for big dollars.
Pick YOUNG players !!! Have a look around in the NYC at other teams. Heaps of big hard forwards wanting a chance to prove something. Look at the Saints, they always produce big boppas , grab a few of their youngsters.

parra pete

Referee
Young O'Donnell looks the goods....watch him today on FOX if you get the chance in the NYC match v Manly, and have a look at the Sharks half back Chad Townsend while you are at it.
I'm off to the Hay Park Oval where the locals are taking on TLU Sharks (Tullibigeal Lake Cargelligo United), opening game of the season...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Young O'Donnell looks the goods....watch him today on FOX if you get the chance in the NYC match v Manly, and have a look at the Sharks half back Chad Townsend while you are at it.
I'm off to the Hay Park Oval where the locals are taking on TLU Sharks (Tullibigeal Lake Cargelligo United), opening game of the season...

you mean the bloke who just got smashed by someone half his size than drops the ball...

young Kyle needs a career change thanks to your kiss of death..:lol:

Craig Johnston

First Grade
pass from me on O'Donnell as well. asking too much money. would much rather gallen for similar coin.

we do need some good young backrowers though eg matulino, pettyborne, troy thompson, proctor etc.... should be able to get 2 of them at the same price

The Colonel

Immortal
Using the NYC as guide then;

Tyrone Peachey looks a likely prospect from the Sharkies. The other bloke I'd look at is Dane Hogan at the Cowboys. Totally surprised he hasn't had a run in first grade this year though he may be injured.

Other players - Matt Hyland (Tigers) or Blake Judd (Souths).

Otherwise I'd look to some of the fringe players being kept out by more established players in the NRL.

Y2Eel

First Grade

This kid is huge last week he also out ran our fullback and winger to score.. he played a good game..

what about investing in some our young talent?
I hear O'Hanlon goes pretty good.
Karl Filiga? Tim Robinson? Mitch Allgood? Taniela Lasalo?
lock them away now and then maybe for a change we will get to see the in the blue and gold instead of crying when the help another club beat us.

Bazal

Post Whore
What's with the Filiga hype...has he even made NSW Cup for us yet? Jeez we overrate the hell out of some of our young fellas, it's like the folk calling Humble our saviour...

The Colonel

Immortal
we do need some good young backrowers though eg matulino, pettyborne, troy thompson, proctor etc.... should be able to get 2 of them at the same price

Troy Thompson isn't exactly a young backrower. Matulino and Pettybourne are under contract though Proctor may be available.

Sinbad Kali, Guy Williams, Joe Picker, Danny Williams, Daniel Penese, Joseph Paulo have all had limited exposure to first grade but have done ok when they have played..... would add some depth.

Latest posts