What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping Count of RLWC tickets purchased

Poul

Juniors
I'd better buy my tickets for the SFS...

I may have some spare tickets for the Opening Ceremony match at the SFS, as I am yet to confirm all my starters. The seats are well located, on the Eastern side, Bay 36, Row N. They cost me $75 each, and I would be prepared to accept face value for them. pm me if you are interested.

adamkungl

Immortal
I may have some spare tickets for the Opening Ceremony match at the SFS, as I am yet to confirm all my starters. The seats are well located, on the Eastern side, Bay 36, Row N. They cost me $75 each, and I would be prepared to accept face value for them. pm me if you are interested.

Sorry mate, can't afford it. I'm a student, I'm getting Cat B tickets for $33.

Coastbloke

Bench
I really don't think 40,000 to the Opener at the SFS is acceptable given the time the ARL has had to sell them...

I bought mine about a fortnight after they were made available..

This is also a event, not just a match. TV will still show 5000 empty seats. IMHO, the only acceptable crowd figure on Sunday at the SFS is 45,500...

Last edited:

Chook Norris

First Grade
Okay latest I've heard on the opening ceremony, around 34K worth of tickets have now been allocated to this match.

So are have already moved more tickets than what was sold for the 2006 Tri-Nations final at the same venue.

thk God, i was under the impression that only 20k had been sold :oops:

Radioactive Man

Juniors
35 K with a week to go is good considering they'll probably get a good walk up crowd. Anyword on Townsville, can we look forward to at least 20 K ?

Poul

Juniors
I think a 40,000 crowd should be achievable, and a sellout is possible with a good walk up. Should be a great atmosphere at the ground even if the crowd were 35,000. Hopefully the England v PNG game will alert a few extra people that the World Cup is on, and they may just want to come take a look.

Calixte

First Grade
Fair dinkum.

You couldn't get 45,500 into the SFS without a shoehorn and a gallon of vaseline...

Calixte

First Grade
The place comfortably holds between about 42,000 and 43,000 max. - whatever the official capacity put up by the SCG Trust is...

ali

Bench
Okay latest I've heard on the opening ceremony, around 34K worth of tickets have now been allocated to this match.

So are have already moved more tickets than what was sold for the 2006 Tri-Nations final at the same venue.

Yak do you know what the configuration of the SFS is for this match? I notice 2GB have a special ticket deal, and these tickets are in fact in the members section.

I know there are still some big gaps on the TV side, especially in category B. But, maybe the high pax and your figure can be explained by the fact they are selling tickets in the members area. I also think with the various tour packages floating around, we should take any pax for this game and subtract a few thousand to be sure. I think it will be close to a sellout, hopefully high 30s.

Jeffles

Bench
A friend of mine is a SFS/SCG Gold Member. He said the Members were told in a newsletter thatthey have to purchase RLWC tickets. Is this true? It would mean that thew crowd this Sunday would have a smaller proportion of people that DIDN'T get a free pass. A 35,000 crowd on Sunday might be the equivalent of 42,000 where Members get in free.

ledzep

Bench
I'm an SFS member
We had to buy all tickets through ticketek
From the SFS site:
"The RLWC is a ticketed event. No Club Cards, Member Cards or Guest Cards permitted."

Also, got France v. Fiji tix last night :D