What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping Count of RLWC tickets purchased

I bought scot v fiji tickets last year... pax no. were 9 to 12...

I've just been sent new tickets because of the change in ko time... pax no.s are 277 to 280.

Hardly any have been sold at all it seems. I'll have a heap of space to strecth out.

for these games, i hope they allow in school children, free passes, etc, anyone who would be interested if handed a freebie.

what a great marketing thing it would be (maybe people, kids especially, would get interested more in league)

brendothejet

First Grade
for these games, i hope they allow in school children, free passes, etc, anyone who would be interested if handed a freebie.

what a great marketing thing it would be (maybe people, kids especially, would get interested more in league)

I'd prefer they actually did some marketing and sensible scheduling of matches to fill the stadiums.

Seems the professional thing to do....

hutch

First Grade
aus v nz opening ceremony, pax 7605. cmon sydney, pump up!

they should be flogging the hell out of this game, as it will probably be the most watched apart from the final.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
From Yakstorm on another forum.

The deceiving thing with a lot of the PAX numbers at the moment is they don't take into account sales done through touring companies, so they will look lower than what some of these matches have acctually moved (which is encouraging).

Anyway on ticket sales, the Newcastle match has moved over 6K worth of tickets, the Australia v NZ match around 8K, Australia v England had moved over 10K over a month ago..haven't heard an update since then, Brisbane semi is around 20K, Sydney semi is around 7K and the Australia v PNG clash is around 7K.

This far out and based upon the typical Australian RL market which doesn't pre-purchase, we're well ahead of typical pre-sales this far out. I think we are looking alright.

aus v nz opening ceremony, pax 7605. cmon sydney, pump up!

they should be flogging the hell out of this game, as it will probably be the most watched apart from the final.

Just got mine for both SFS games yesterday afternoon...

For what they're worth:

For Aus v NZ PAX 10,358
For Semi Final 2 3,334

Radioactive Man

Juniors
Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold for the Newcastle game ? Theres been plenty of ads and im interested to see if they're working.

Radioactive Man

Juniors
Just bought 2 tickets for the ENG V NZ game, tickets are at 5864 sold. I asked and they said tickets were selling stong for the seats ( i got general admission and its only the 32nd ticket sold for that ) so yeah good stuff ?

Just bought 2 tickets for the ENG V NZ game, tickets are at 5864 sold. I asked and they said tickets were selling stong for the seats ( i got general admission and its only the 32nd ticket sold for that ) so yeah good stuff ?

From what I understand (and there are experts who read these forums - i.e. Yakstorm) the PAX numbers don't include those tickets sold as part of Tour Packages... Knowing what we know about the number of tour packages sold to UK residents we can add 6,000 or so to this number?

St.John

Juniors
From what I understand (and there are experts who read these forums - i.e. Yakstorm) the PAX numbers don't include those tickets sold as part of Tour Packages... Knowing what we know about the number of tour packages sold to UK residents we can add 6,000 or so to this number?

Yes, we'll be there in our thousands - don't worry about that!

St.John

Juniors
:D

I'm counting it... I hope you're out in force. It'll help shut up the people who are death-riding the tournament.

Hopefully we'll return the favour when it's in your backyard.

It'll be interesting to see any votes of no confidence in the tournament when thousands of poms are drinking the place dry and singing 'till they're hoarse in the grounds, streets and pubs of Australia.

Make sure you post any pics of deathriding journalists on the board, so we can deliberately look for them at the games and give them a piece of our minds; even better if we can rig it so we're interviewed outside the grounds etc.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Scotland v France: 3539

Tonga v Ireland: 2434

Samoa v Tonga:1964

Fiji v France: 2673

Scotland v Fiji: 2625

England v NZ: 5977

Semi F Brisbane: 11842

Final: 34626

Looks like sales are already better than the last World Cup. I still expect the lowest crowd to only be 7,000.

jim_57

Staff member
Looks like sales are already better than the last World Cup. I still expect the lowest crowd to only be 7,000.

And that would be a sell out at Browne Park, Although I think the CUA rankings game will be lucky to get 7000.

I think 10-15k is a reasonaable target to set for Pool B and C games, Tonga V Samoa should be a sell out.

jim_57

Staff member
oh and for what it's worth, just bought new tickets to the final and the PAX is 33,750.