What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelly Clarkson announced as NRL Grand Final pre match entertainment

dimitri

First Grade
That's what I want to see. A marching band. A television that explodes. A junior team relay.

You know what. Strike the footy. Let's just stage a North Korea style extravaganza.

I think a few people suggested last year - that we should do a bit of an entertaining look back at all the Grand Final entertainment over the years!

Blowing up a TV, someone yelling out "I love my footy" without sound.... Tina Turner.... woudl be great!!!

:crazy:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Number of the Beast if the Warriors are in?

Strange World if the Broncos are in?

Manly - "Where Eagles Dare"?

And for Melbourne - "No More Lies"

If Noddy was still playing - "Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner"?

Todd Carney - Prisoner

Lets face it. Manly, Melbourne, Brisbane, New Zealand. With those 4 sh*t options on GF day we'd be better off listening to Maiden instead!

:lol: True that, slim pickings

adamkungl

Immortal
Next year the NRL should drop Bon Jovi and get Metallica's Broken Beaten and Scarred...the video would consist entirely of massive hits resulting in epic head wounds. That player (i forget who) getting his head stapled in Origin a few years back would be prime footage. Was it Matt Hilder a few weeks back with a huge gash around his head? Also quality.

dimitri

First Grade
at the end of the day u arent going to please everyone

i hate metallica, and any band that sounds like it!

With the heavy polynesian rate of players/fans etc increasing in RL

you would think r&b/rap/hip hop - would be an extremely popular choice

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Next year the NRL should drop Bon Jovi and get Metallica's Broken Beaten and Scarred...the video would consist entirely of massive hits resulting in epic head wounds. That player (i forget who) getting his head stapled in Origin a few years back would be prime footage. Was it Matt Hilder a few weeks back with a huge gash around his head? Also quality.

Yep, the Mum's will love seeing that as they enrol their little sons into junior footy...

jonno_knights

Juniors

Michael DeVere I believe

Mader45

Juniors
they're trying the above, which is a cunning marketing technique. They know no genuine league fan will desert the NRL or not watch the GF because of the entertainment but there is the potential to capture fans by having someone different.

This isn't cunning marketing. It's bad marketing. This is why spokespeople of products are chosen to represent their market and hopefully expand on it. If I'm promoting the Motley Crue concert tonight in Sydney I'm not going to push for The John Butler Trio as opening act because they'll get a different market in. I'm going to evaluate who my market is and try to get it all.

Converting 20-25 year old female and gay Kelly Clarkson fans to RL is not just going to happen by putting her on a stage for a few songs. These are the type of people who are led by fad and group mentality. Kelly Clarkson isn't a screaming indication that NRL is cool to them. They need New Weekly, Entertainment Tonight, TMZ, Perez Hilton etc to tell them NRL is cool.

How can I compare the fickle scenario to something a stringent league fan could understand.... if a babe gave you a blowie then asked you to watch the AFL Grand Final are you likely to convert to AFL or tell her to wipe her mouth and go home?

Every blue blooded male in this country should be watching the Grand Final next week. Get the women and gays after we accompolish that.

docbrown

Coach
Was talking to a mate about the Highlander reboot. He's told me that the entire soundtrack is getting re-recorded by new artists with a release date for 2014.

I say plan now and get the rights to Who Wants To Live Forever & Princes of the Universe.

(btw- I hate remakes, but it is what it is)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not everyone may like them, but the NRL has arguably saved themselves complete embarrassment.

Along with Clarkson, Eskimo Joe will be the other headline act on Sunday afternoon, while John Williamson will be joined by the Men of League Choir.

Both Anthems will be sung, the NZ anthem by Elizabeth Marvelly, Australia's by the Australian Youth Choir.

Latest posts