What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelly Clarkson announced as NRL Grand Final pre match entertainment

100% agree
the raiders this year has reintroduced an old style song like that to be played post game after a win, didnt hear it much this year of course but if they stick with it, in 20 years time the young kids going to the game will grow up with that song and it will be a cracker after a win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqXujedgqHo

This is Parra's song which used to get played after every win at home but they didn't have it this year.
The version played at the ground was a bit better than this one.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't mind team songs but they should be played in Victory, not pre-game.

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
So which teams still have a specific club song (not including things like Eagle Rock or Eye of the Tiger) that they acutally play at the games? Souths, Dragons, Cronulla, Raiders?

whall15

Coach
So which teams still have a specific club song (not including things like Eagle Rock or Eye of the Tiger) that they acutally play at the games? Souths, Dragons, Cronulla, Raiders?

Unless they play other songs I doubt the Saints Are Coming by Green Day and U2 was specifically written for the Dragons.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I don't mind team songs but they should be played in Victory, not pre-game.

agreed.
I think its something league need to invest in heavily

it will be balls for the first couple of years, because fans wont have an affinity to it, some wont know the words but in 20 years time, when fans who grew up with it, are belting it out at the end of a win... thats what you want to get too

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I have no problem with team songs in fact i quite like them but some of the AFL songs are vomit inducing.

The problem is that they are old fashioned and sound like a couple of pissed blokes from the 50's standing around a pianola.

Meanwhile meatloaf has dropped his standards, these days naught out of three ain't bad.

I still don't know what's funnier, Meatloaf going completely insane, or Richard Hatch carrying on as if nothing is happening.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I still don't know what's funnier, Meatloaf going completely insane, or Richard Hatch carrying on as if nothing is happening.

Its funny you mention that, i didnt notice it first time around but having just watched the replay i almost spat my drink out seeing Hatch casually shrug his shoulders and get on as if business was usual :lol:

Busey's admission when Rich said he doesnt need meat coming at him that "it would be tough"
understatement of the year

no name

Coach
I think the Clarkson thing has been a pretty good decision.

Just saw a thing on MTV saying how she is doing the NRL GF. Been plenty of stuff all week on various channels on how/why she is in Australia, been plenty of interviews etc. All positive stories and giving publicity to the game.

Nuke

Staff member
More than anything else, thats the question i want answered

surely someone in the pre game entertainment meeting must have seen that design and thought to themselves "looks kinda like a penis" :lol:

... and that is why it is called AFL.

Newcastle have their theme song playing as they run out onto AusGrid Stadium. It's a song written specifically for the Knights called 'Heart & Soul' by Doug Parkinson. It's not the Knights' team victory song though.

LazyDreamer

Bench

Lamest f***ing song for a sports team bar none. BTW, catch Tony Abbott trying to sing it? Had to be prompted all the way. I know the guy has NFI about league, but what Australian of his vintage needs prompting for lyrics like, "doooin' th' eagle rock"???