What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelly Clarkson announced as NRL Grand Final pre match entertainment

I like metal, but my taste aside, something up tempo and somewhat interesting would be good, I don't expect AC/DC or Iron Maiden but the last few years have been pretty f**king pathetic. You Am I were particularly atrocious I thought, doing Stones covers FFS!!!!

You Am I were one of the best gig's I saw as a student at Wollongong Uni Bar.

You Am I doing Rolling Stones covers at the GF was one of the stupidest things I have heard (thank god I doubled up on XXXX Gold and Smirnoff Black all day).

LazyDreamer

Bench
Death Metal, metalcore, deathcore, screamo etc is f**king pathetic. A bunch of noise for mentally f**ked people who'd be better placed in a Buddhist Monastery so they can deal with w/e repressed issues they have.

I see no reason or talent in screaming down a mic like a bellend. And it doesn't take any talent, I've seen horrorcore rappers(who suck also, for the most part) do the same shit at the drop of the hat in a studio.

Fair enough everything that isn't the vocals is actually very good, and takes a huge amount of talent, I don't think you could take that away from them. But the screaming is nonsense - It's not music, it never will be. I'd actually be pretty dirty if I was a super-awesome guitarist or drummer and some psychologically ill person was ruining my art with their geniusation.

That shit posted by Lazy Dreamer just disgusts me. It's foul, ugly and vile. Take away the shit merkin who's screaming into the microphone and my opinion might well change. I mean, what's the f**king point? I can't even make out what's being sang! I had to look up the lyrics online, they're pretty good, a shame they can't be heard on the actual song.

I think people who listen to that sort of thing are ugly people too. You have too be an ugly and nasty person inside, consciously or subconsciously, to enjoy it. I don't think a truly positive and kind person could ever like that.

I despise the whole growling, shouty-shouty scene. I know it's irrational and I come off as some sort of musical bigot, the Hitler of musical genres, even, but I can't stomach it! if I woke up to that sort of music I'd feel physically ill. I think objectively, not subjectively but objectively, the vast majority of humans are ingrained with something inside them that tells them that it's repulsive music.

Go find a tribe with no contact to the outside world, you can show them every genre under the sun, they'd find some redeeming value to even the most vilified of genres. Even hip hop songs they'd enjoy the beats and rhyming rhythms. Opera they'd find beautiful, despite having no understanding. But that screamo heavy metal bullshit would see them run into the bush, brandish a big 'chete and kill you all for being devils :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckS5DZRkWqI

Cheer up, it might never happen

Kudos, Adolf. Despite the fact the first line is screaming down the mic like a bellend, you still sought out the lyrics. It's a lot easier to be labeled a mentally f***ed, ugly & nasty person when the labelee makes an effort. BTW, in the case of the shit I posted, it's the juxtaposition between clean & scream that I like. I probably wouldn't like it if it was just scream.

But back on topic. Miss Clarkson: Has she porked up or what?

seaeagle sam

Kudos, Adolf. Despite the fact the first line is screaming down the mic like a bellend, you still sought out the lyrics. It's a lot easier to be labeled a mentally f***ed, ugly & nasty person when the labelee makes an effort. BTW, in the case of the shit I posted, it's the juxtaposition between clean & scream that I like. I probably wouldn't like it if it was just scream.

But back on topic. Miss Clarkson: Has she porked up or what?

The lass has. I'd still give her one

M2D2

Bench
Death Metal, metalcore, deathcore, screamo etc is f**king pathetic. A bunch of noise for mentally f**ked people who'd be better placed in a Buddhist Monastery so they can deal with w/e repressed issues they have.

I see no reason or talent in screaming down a mic like a bellend. And it doesn't take any talent, I've seen horrorcore rappers(who suck also, for the most part) do the same shit at the drop of the hat in a studio.

Fair enough everything that isn't the vocals is actually very good, and takes a huge amount of talent, I don't think you could take that away from them. But the screaming is nonsense - It's not music, it never will be. I'd actually be pretty dirty if I was a super-awesome guitarist or drummer and some psychologically ill person was ruining my art with their geniusation.

That shit posted by Lazy Dreamer just disgusts me. It's foul, ugly and vile. Take away the shit merkin who's screaming into the microphone and my opinion might well change. I mean, what's the f**king point? I can't even make out what's being sang! I had to look up the lyrics online, they're pretty good, a shame they can't be heard on the actual song.

I think people who listen to that sort of thing are ugly people too. You have too be an ugly and nasty person inside, consciously or subconsciously, to enjoy it. I don't think a truly positive and kind person could ever like that.

I despise the whole growling, shouty-shouty scene. I know it's irrational and I come off as some sort of musical bigot, the Hitler of musical genres, even, but I can't stomach it! if I woke up to that sort of music I'd feel physically ill. I think objectively, not subjectively but objectively, the vast majority of humans are ingrained with something inside them that tells them that it's repulsive music.

Go find a tribe with no contact to the outside world, you can show them every genre under the sun, they'd find some redeeming value to even the most vilified of genres. Even hip hop songs they'd enjoy the beats and rhyming rhythms. Opera they'd find beautiful, despite having no understanding. But that screamo heavy metal bullshit would see them run into the bush, brandish a big 'chete and kill you all for being devils :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckS5DZRkWqI

Cheer up, it might never happen

Worst post in the thread.
Congrats.

juro

Bench
It's like when you go to any show. There is some warm-up act on beforehand, who 99% of the audience couldn't be stuffed with. A small group will get into it but that is all. Everyone else has paid their money to see the main act, and are just twiddling their thumbs until that act comes on.

In this case, the main act is the footy. Whatever other entertainment is lined up is just filler.

GongPanther

Referee
Anything is better than Meatloaf.

Let the AFL G.F. mob be bored sh!tless with another rendition of Bat Out Of My Ar$e.

That fat merkin one hit wonder hasn't done anything since that album which he has milking on that one sucess for years.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
They have Eskimo Joe as well who are a pretty decent band.

Your right in that the HT show isn't that important to the people there but in many ways it does communicate a lot of things and does create a perception of how strong, succesful, rich, modern etc etc your sporting event/code is.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's like when you go to any show. There is some warm-up act on beforehand, who 99% of the audience couldn't be stuffed with. A small group will get into it but that is all. Everyone else has paid their money to see the main act, and are just twiddling their thumbs until that act comes on.

In this case, the main act is the footy. Whatever other entertainment is lined up is just filler.

Not always I went to see U2 and they had JayZ on as warm up, I'm no big fan but the crowd was rocking to him and the atmosphere for his set was nearly as good as for U2!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
kungl - you've hit the nail on the head with "acquired taste".

I dare say if you had a heavy metal band at a Grand Final a very, VERY small percentage of people at the ground would know or care about the band, and a larger percentage would be offended.

LazyDreamer

Bench
kungl - you've hit the nail on the head with "acquired taste".

I dare say if you had a heavy metal band at a Grand Final a very, VERY small percentage of people at the ground would know or care about the band, and a larger percentage would be offended.

So you reckon they wouldn't jump at the chance to have Metallica perform ('Enter Sandman' being the obvious song) if they could? It's not so much about the genre, it's about the name. Of course most metal bands - like that gangsta shit, bluegrass, hell even yodeling - don't have a big enough profile, enough broad appeal...or haven't won a TV karaoke show. Hell, if the GF was on the same network as Australia's Got Talent, we'd probably be discussing the NRL's decision to enlist the services of that Beiber wannabe instead.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade

Spot on.

If the NRL thinks that people are going to front up to a GF on the strength of a couple of songs during half time, then their marketing team need a size 9 right up the clacker!

Who gives a rat's? Half time gives me the opportunity to have a slash, restock the fridge and stomp around the lounge room if Manly are losing...

Brutus

Referee
Anyone watching Meatloaf at the AFL Grand Final?

Woeful!

:lol:

I'm watching it now.

The fat shit hasn't hit a decent note yet.

Pathetic.

And people had the hide to bag the NRL for its entertainment.

At least we got Meat Loaf 8 years ago when he passable.

Worst ever.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Wow, this is beyond belief.

He was even getting pissed off with the Flogball fans.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Anyone watching Meatloaf at the AFL Grand Final?

Woeful!

haha i was just coming here to say how i hoped she puts in a better performance than the loaf
horrific is the best word ive heard to describe it

he looks like he's about to cry, is hopelessly out of time and hasnt hit a single good note

and was i seeing things or did he start shooting white tshirts out of what looked like a penis?

some11

Referee
I'm in another room and I thought they were playing meat loaf cover band songs to highlights or something, I had no idea how shot his voice was.

Latest posts