What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kidderminster Harriers supporters!

chileman

Coach
Well I guess a draw is better than a loss :roll: I think :?: Oh well nostalgia, at least we are undefeated so far :clap: By the way, with 3 weeks left of the normal season the Parklands Eagles are sitting 3rd and looking good to make the semis (top 4 teams) :mrgreen:

nostalgia

Juniors
Chileman, how did the Parkland Eagles cope while you were in NZ :lol: . Seriously, it looks like you've done a good job with setting up your side. I just hope you don't come up against that big guy again if you get into the semis 8-[

chileman

Coach
:lol: Actually they won 1 and lost 2 while I was away....1 of the teams to beat us was the team with the big guy :p but they wont make the semis this season, 1 man team! Seriously, nothing to do with missing me on the park, my mate just said the team looked disorganised without my leadership....not being big headed but my assistant coach hasn't played many seasons of football like this old man has and positional play isn't one of his strengths :oops:
Who have Kiddy got this weekend???

nostalgia

Juniors
Home to Darlington (the Quakers) on Saturday. They've started reasonably this season (a win and a draw) and we often have problems with them. An exception was at the start of last season when we were the first team to play them at their new 25,000 seater stadium (good grief, they only get crowds of 3,000-4,000 #-o ): we got the 3 points that day :lol: .

Wasn't a 3 week trip to NZ a slightly extreme measure to take to avoid the big guy :roll: ?

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
Been away for the week so missed the opening 3 games. Heard the County and Kiddy scores from today on 5 live though. Good to see Kiddy get the 3 points. They had an interview with Jan Molby on Sky Sports News a couple of weeks ago (Kiddy always seem to get the odd feature on it for some reason!).

Chileman, the Palace game was the featured game on the radio and the commentators reckon it was a shocker. Just waiting for Match of the Day to come on (I'm excited :D ITV coverage just isn't the same!).

Catching up with the County scores now and I'm not a happy camper - 4th from bottom?! With all the turmoil going on down at Chester I was expecting a result there. Ah well, at least the Harriers have made it into the top 6...let's just hope they keep it up for the remaining 43 games :lol:

nostalgia

Juniors
I saw MOTD on Saturday and the Norwich v Palace game really didn't seem up to Premiership standards. I can't help but think that both sides will ship a lot of goals against the quality Prem teams.

Molby seems to pop up on the radio quite a bit (I haven't got Sky: I just know that I'd end up watching it all the time and incur the displeasure of mrs nostalgia :( ). His peculiar DanishScouse accent is definitely starting to develop a hint of a Kiddy/Brummie twang to it. Dunno how the 3 French lads at Harriers cope with Molby or the local language :roll:

As you say, Paul, only 43 league games to go :alcho:

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
A resounding 1-0 win for Harriers over the Quakers :clap:
I'm excited.....43 matches to go, are we playoff bound this time round :D
I'm afraid you might both be right about Palace, are there any more Russian billionaires floating around that can buy us a few more players :lol:

chileman

Coach
1-1 draw with Cardiff in the Cup.....could have been worse I guess, starting to get use to all these draws...NOT :p

nostalgia

Juniors
Unfortunately, the 1-1 draw against Cardiff ended with us going out on penalties :cry: . While it would have been nice to have progressed in the Coca-Cola Cup this loss now means we can concentrate this year on gaining promotion and winning the FA Cup ;-)

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
Unfortunately, the 1-1 draw against Cardiff ended with us going out on penalties :cry: . While it would have been nice to have progressed in the Coca-Cola Cup this loss now means we can concentrate this year on gaining promotion and winning the FA Cup ;-)
:D Now wouldn't that be nice, if we made it to the FA Cup I reckon I'd be on my way over there....tell MrsNostalgia I'll do all the cooking while I stay :p (nothing like inviting yourself in uninvited ;-) )

nostalgia

Juniors
If Harriers get to the Cup Final I'll get a kangaroo tattood to my bum and bungee-jump naked off Tower Bridge :clap:

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
If Harriers get to the Cup Final I'll get a kangaroo tattood to my bum and bungee-jump naked off Tower Bridge :clap:
:lol: Make sure you cover your private bits up with that scarf Mrsnostalgia has been knitting, we don't want you getting arrested for indecent exposure while the rest of us celebrate on the Aggborough stew down the local :D

nostalgia

Juniors
Feeling lucky and predict a win against Wycombe on Saturday. Also fancy Norwich to beat Arsenal, so what do I know about footie #-o

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
Crikey, County have moved above you :oops:

Hey, out of interest, is Adam Murray still with you? I'm sure I heard he'd gone to Mansfield or something? :? Shame if he has. I was gutted when we let him go.

nostalgia

Juniors
nostalgia said:
Feeling lucky and predict a win against Wycombe on Saturday. Also fancy Norwich to beat Arsenal, so what do I know about footie #-o

And for my next red-hot tip, I suggest a tenner on Lundy Island to win the next World Cup ... :roll:

nostalgia

Juniors
Paul-The-Cowboy said:
Crikey, County have moved above you :oops:

Hey, out of interest, is Adam Murray still with you? I'm sure I heard he'd gone to Mansfield or something? :? Shame if he has. I was gutted when we let him go.

Looks like we'll be fighting it out with Shrews and Chester for the drop :(

Adam Murray has a lot of class and signed a 2 year deal with Harriers last easter. I was chuffed. Then, over the summer, he went on a free to Mansfield. I don't think we ever got the real story. I suspect he reckons Mansfield are a bigger club and going places (Which is fair), and he was there on loan from Derby about 18 months ago. I believe he was also unwilling to move to Worcs, even though he doesn't drive, and that there was a problem commuting from his Derbys home. Sounds like he had no commitment to Harriers and fancied his chances elsewhere. Also sounds like Harriers were pushed to pay his wages. Shame, because the guy is better than League 2 standard (provided he keeps off the juice :alcho: )

nostalgia

Juniors
Ok, we've been stuffed in quick succession by Mansfield, Wycombe, Bury and Orient. Please, ni wise-cracks, as nostalgia feels slightly fragile. I now plan to go to the next game (Away at Swansea, a 670 miles round trip from my Norfolk home): its that desperate. Why couldn't I have been born an Arsenal or ManU supporter :cry: