What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kidderminster Harriers supporters!

chileman

Coach
nostlagia :shock: Parklands Eagles had a 3-1 loss but are you sitting down and ready for this......Parklands Harriers won their first match of the season 10-2 :lol: 2 african guys turned up a couple of weeks ago and signed up and :shock: they could be playing for Kiddy they are that good :lol:

nostalgia

Juniors
Excellent news for the Parklands Harriers :clap: . Better send the 2 stars over on the next flight to Kidderminster International Airport: 5 games left and we'reeffectively 6 points adrift :cry: .

Looks like we'll be playing Conference football next season. Perhaps its a cunning plan so that we can be the first club to win the Conference 3 times :roll:

chileman

Coach
:( I fear you are right nostalgia....I guess the only thing we can do is keep winning and hope R&D don't win...easy right??? :roll: #-o Here's hoping for a miracle starting this weekend!

chileman

Coach
R&D were flogged again and only 4 points away nostalgia...is there still a slight glimmer of hope??? :?:

nostalgia

Juniors
The teeny weeniest of feeble glimmers does exist for Harriers. But not on this planet, I fear. The whole season has been a series of taking one small pace forwards and then taking half a dozen giant strides backwards. Ah well, there are a few games left this season and then, as every sports fan knows, there's always next season ;-)

chileman

Coach
Well nostalgia I hope this gives you something to smile about....Parklands Eagles had a 6-2 win over my old team Benleigh Crusaders.....Parklands Harriers are still sitting on top of the 4th Div table with a 3-2 win and looking solid! :clap: :D

nostalgia

Juniors
:D That is excellent news for both Parklands sides :clap: . It must be really encouraging for your new players to get the new Harriers side off the ground so successfully.

I went to watch Dereham Town (my local side in Norfolk, as opposed to my hometown of Kidderminster) record a 3-0 win tonight that gives them a good chance of avoiding relegation from the Premier Division of the Ridgeons "Eastern Counties" League. So, its not all doom and gloom ;-)

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
:D That is excellent news for both Parklands sides :clap: . It must be really encouraging for your new players to get the new Harriers side off the ground so successfully.

I went to watch Dereham Town (my local side in Norfolk, as opposed to my hometown of Kidderminster) record a 3-0 win tonight that gives them a good chance of avoiding relegation from the Premier Division of the Ridgeons "Eastern Counties" League. So, its not all doom and gloom ;-)
Good to hear amigo....so a bit of history (team colours, emblem ect) for Dereham would be great :D

nostalgia

Juniors
Here's the club's glorious (?) history :roll: :

Dereham Town Football Club was founded in 1884 spending much of it's early years in the local Norwich District and the Dereham & District Leagues.

During these early years, the club made its one and only appearance in the Norfolk Senior Cup Final to date when they lost to C.E.Y.M.S. in 1891-92.

Until 1965, the club played in the Norfolk and Suffolk League, 1965 seeing the formation of the Anglian Combination. In that transitional season the club won the Senior 'B' Division.

Although the club was well known for its hospitality and competitive spirit in the period between the late sixties and late eighties, honours were to be a regular absentee from the club.

In 1988-89 the Club was relegated from the Premier Division of the Anglian Combination thus losing the proud record of being the only club to have never played outside the Premier Division since the leagues formation in 1965.

The following season Premier Division status was again achieved when the Division One title was won.

In 1991, the club purchased a 10.2 acre site on the outskirts of the Town, with the view of providing the Town with the facilities to enable progression to a higher grade of football.

Back on the field, in 1993-94 the Senior Knockout Cup was won for the first time when Wymondham Town were comprehensively beaten 3-0 in the Final.

Decemeber 1996 saw the club move from its previous home on the Council owned Recreation Ground into the plush surrounding of the new site at Aldiss Park.

Costing close to £750,000, Aldiss Park has 3 soccer pitches, 1 of which is fully enclosed and floodlit, floodlit training ground, tennis and netball courts, bowling green, 4 changing rooms, conference room, sports injury clinic, bar an function room.

The clubs first full season at Aldiss Park (1997/98) saw the dream become reality when Eastern Counties League status was achieved with the club winning a first Premier Division title.

This was achieved by going undefeated for the first twenty-two league games and remaining undefeated all season away from Aldiss Park.

Not content with just the league title, the club also won the Don Frost Memorial Cup.

The Club's opening season in Eastern Counties League football (1998/99) saw the club finish seventh in Division One and reach the inaugural Division One Knockout Cup Final where we were beaten by League Champions Clacton Town.

At the start of season 2000/2001, Norwich City Football Club visited Aldiss Park for a pre-season friendly and although 'The Magpies' lost 9-0, a new record attendance of 1800 was established.

In 2001 the First Team secured promotion to the Premier Division on goal difference from Stanway Rovers, who were defeated 1-0 in the Clubs final league game of the season.

For the third year in succession, the Club received the annual Jewson Sportsmanship Trophy, along with the hospitality award and match day programme award.

In early July 2001, Norwich City again graced Aldiss Park with their presence and for the second year in succession recorded a new record attendance for Aldiss Park of over 3000 in a 3-0 win for the Canaries.

In July 2002, Norwich City returned to Aldiss Park for their third consecutive pre-season friendly, in front of 2500+ spectators the Canaries won 4-0. This was their first outing since the Division One Play-Off final defeat at the Millenium Stadium.

Here's the other stuff :oops: :

Colours : Black and White stripe shirts and black shorts (like Newcastle Utd).

Nickname : The Magpies (the club colours give a clue :!: ).

Catering : Excellent bacon baps and burgers/chips served up till half-time.

Admission Fee : £4 (£2 for pensioners and kids)

Attendances : Anything from 100 to 300

Local Rivals :evil: : Fakenham Town ("The Ghosts"), until they were relegated last year from the Ridgeons Premier to the Ridgeons First Division. Otherwise, its Diss Town (trouble is, I like going to watch Diss every now and again as well :? ).

OK, who says that nostalgia is an anorak :?:

nostalgia

Juniors
A bap is just another term for a soft bread roll.

I like the way the club history (a bit of a cut and paste job) recalls the golden age of 1891/92 when the club made its one and only appearance (a defeat :!: ) in the Norfolk Senior Cup Final. Here we are 113 years later, still licking our wounds over that one ;-)

chileman

Coach
:mrgreen: What the chance of them some day reaching the dizzy heights of Kidderminster......in the Conferences that is :cry:

nostalgia

Juniors
There are so many ambitious (and wealthy) clubs in non-league football these days that I think Kiddy will find it tough in the Conference (even though we won it twice in the 1990's). By the same token, Dereham are well down the non-league pyramid (I think they'd need 4 promotions to get to the Conference) and, realistically, have met their level. Its the old story of each club finding its level in accordance with its fan base, resouces, geography etc :roll: .

nostalgia

Juniors
So, its relegation to the Conference for Harriers. The last game in the Football League will be at Northampton on Saturday. I'm sure I'll shed a tear or two :cry:

Anyway, best wishes to you all, especially to Chileman.

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
Sorry to see Harriers go down. That sucks!

I hope they bounce straight back up! They're a divison 4/3/League 2 etc club at least!

With me moving to Sheffield this year, going the County games would be easier. And I was looking forward to our home encounter with the mighty Kiddy :(

I've been watching the Kiddy results with great anticipation on Final Score, etc, thinking till it was finally confirmed, that you'd pip Rushden and Binlids.

Hope you bounce straight back. The Football League needs more Kiddy fans and less Villa fans hey! :p

This has been a great thread over the years, and on the different forums. Kidderminster has become the team that along with County, I look out for the results. And Nostalgia, Chileman,the memorable Greatest Brain (Jeez, imagine what he'd be like on here if he wasn't banned, now Latics are in the Premiership! :lol: ), et all, have all provided some happy memories when I've logged on here.

Viva la Kidderminster

(Sorry, if it don't make much sense, just been on a night out round Wigan, watching veerton get 7 blasted past them :alcho: )

Latest posts