What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KISS for the GF??? (2023 GF entertainment discussion)

Gardenia

Juniors
I’d suggest you settle down a bit. It’s a nice moment for racist ball but that’s all.

what on earth are talking about ?
Does politics have to come into everything
I think you need to chill
Kiss were good and have more fans than the Tina Turner musical . I’m not a fan of either of them btw
while I’m sure the musical will be good is not exactly thrilling. And if I’m honest sounds downright boring
Tina was phenomenal and full respect to this amazing lady .

check in here after the GF and pop up some links for me where the musical performing has made any international news page
If you can do that I’ll be convinced
I’ll be waiting

Last edited:

Pneuma

First Grade
what on earth are talking about ?
Does politics have to come into everything
I think you need to chill
Kiss weee good and have more fans than the Tina Turner musical . I’m not one of them btw
Which while I’m sure will be good is not exactly thrilling
Ffs shut up. It’s pregame entertainment for a game that exists only in one country. It’s a nice moment for them that’s all. The way you are carrying on it’s going change the course of history. As for tomorrow night, I’m sure the entertainment will be good but you can have a massive whinge about it if you wish.

Gardenia

Juniors
I’m just
Ffs shut up. It’s pregame entertainment for a game that exists only in one country. It’s a nice moment for them that’s all. The way you are carrying on it’s going change the course of history. As for tomorrow night, I’m sure the entertainment will be good but you can have a massive whinge about it if you wish.
I’m just not reading it or interacting with you your on block bye

Gardenia

Juniors
This is the difference between AFL and the NRL.

AFL is desperate for attention, look at us we've got KISS!

NRL celebrates the life of one of their fans and don't care what the rest of the world thinks.
Finally someone gets it
It’s the look at me part that I’m annoyed about
I have complete respect for Tina

10$ Ferret

Staff member
They were shocking, mimed most of it even had recorded crowd noises.
I don't mind a lot of their old stuff but geez get someone that is actually going to play live.

Pneuma

First Grade
If I was a big kiss fan I would be embarrassed byt that performance (or lack there of).
I thought it was a great choice by the AFL, but now they are the laughing stock,
I missed it sadly for me. Watching 75 year old men in make up mime badly really isn’t my thing.

Eelectrica

Referee
Bean bag races across the field is the only pre match entertainment we need. Tina the musical should be pretty good though.

Might actually watch the pre match entertainment this time.

Kiss wouldn’t have come cheap for their 15 minutes or so.

Chimp

Bench
The pre-match entertainment ain’t gonna attract a ‘new audience’, no matter who you’ve got.. a 1 off performance by any artist isn’t going to turn into new fans of the game. It’s purely about making it an event - and the sting shows resonates in so many ways this year to the core audience, it’s the perfect choice.
Just on the wider reach, here in the U.K, I’ve not seen 1 comment anywhere about the AFL grand final, or that Kiss were playing it - AFL does not register anywhere in the U.K, people wouldn’t even know the ‘Aussie rules’ has a grand final.
The NRL grand final however is well talked about in and amongst the U.K. rugby league community, and there’s been a fair bit of talk about the Tina pre-Match entertainment, and it’s all been positive comments - most U.K. based RL fans are jealous of how good it will be.
Whereas AFL just doesn’t have any reach whatsoever - not sure it’s even available on TV over here.

Gardenia

Juniors
If I was a big kiss fan I would be embarrassed byt that performance (or lack there of).
I thought it was a great choice by the AFL, but now they are the laughing stock,
I wouldnt know as I am not a fan of KISS nor do I care
NRL is the greatest game and AFL are posers
I heard that it was a pretty controversial finish anyway

Gardenia

Juniors
Bean bag races across the field is the only pre match entertainment we need. Tina the musical should be pretty good though.

Might actually watch the pre match entertainment this time.

Kiss wouldn’t have come cheap for their 15 minutes or so.
yeah it should be pretty good looking forward seeing what its all about but more so looking forward to the NRL grand final - the "real" best footy game in the world. Not the poser AFL