What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KISS for the GF??? (2023 GF entertainment discussion)

horrie hastings

First Grade
Got to admit i just watched the pre game entertainment and even though i'm not a Kiss fan it was pretty enjoyable entertainment, there were live vocals there amongst some pre recorded vocals and at least at 75 they sounded far better than Elton John trying to sing live these days. The bit that the AFL is getting slammed over at the moment is not Kiss but Mark Seymour during the half time entertainment, most fans were saying that after Kiss and then the very close first two quarters of the game that the half time entertainment fell very flat, being a big fan of Mark Seymour and Hunters and Collecters i thought his performance was fine, it didn't have the oomph and production that Kiss had but listening to his stripped back vocals i really enjoyed it.

Hunters and Collectors were great in their early days with two shit hot albums but fell away after that. They become a stripped down version that played cringeworthy fodder like "Throw Your Arms Around Me".

That song rates up there with the likes of "Nutbush City Limits", "Eagle Rock" and "Macarena" for overplayed, overrated shit worthy of the local waste depot.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Hunters and Collectors were great in their early days with two shit hot albums but fell away after that. They become a stripped down version that played cringeworthy fodder like "Throw Your Arms Around Me".

That song rates up there with the likes of "Nutbush City Limits", "Eagle Rock" and "Macarena" for overplayed, overrated shit worthy of the local waste depot.
Your kidding, Throw Your Arms Around is a great song and doesn't come close to Eagle Rock or especially the Macarena as cringeworthy songs but then again i am not some one who would pay $58 a a kilo for flathead not matter how much i enjoy eating it so what would i know :p

horrie hastings

First Grade
Kiss may have been good but the fundamental problem they've always had is they're playing Kiss songs and that is just not a good thing.

It so funny, said to better half i am not a Kiss fan or really like any of their songs but we both found ourselves tapping away to I Want To Rock and Roll All Night, it just one of those songs you hear and whether you like it or not like it it transports you back to a time when you were younger and like it or not the song gets stuck in your head.

Jamberoo

Juniors
KISS were okay. Mimed to an extent? Singing was real but I was sceptical on the rest.
They were playing to a click track backing that contained Paul Stanley’s vocals and the back up vocals. Paul’s voice has been shot for a while. The mics were on though and they were singing along with themselves. Most of Gene’s vocals and the drums were definitely live but hard to tell about the guitars and bass. They have always been a super tight band so will give them the benefit of the doubt. The kids in Kiss make up made the show. Excellent performance.

KISS were okay. Mimed to an extent? Singing was real but I was sceptical on the rest.
The mics were on, and they sang certain parts. They definitely forgot (or didn't care?)about certain times where the back-ups were supposed to be.
The playing was 100% mimed.

They were playing to a click track backing that contained Paul Stanley’s vocals and the back up vocals. Paul’s voice has been shot for a while. The mics were on though and they were singing along with themselves. Most of Gene’s vocals and the drums were definitely live but hard to tell about the guitars and bass. They have always been a super tight band so will give them the benefit of the doubt. The kids in Kiss make up made the show. Excellent performance.
Drums were not live.
He did his job well, but sorry that was not live.

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach

Yes they've been tight.

I'm not a kiss hater. Just that miming kills me. I don't want to see any band do it. The kids had a ball.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I recorded the pre game entertainment to see what it was like as i was working, caught the end of the match live when i got home from work and there is a player for Collingwood called Mason Cox and one of the commentators said when Collingwood had the ball " a nice hole just opened up for Cox then " :eek:

I recorded the pre game entertainment to see what it was like as i was working, caught the end of the match live when i got home from work and there is a player for Collingwood called Mason Cox and one of the commentators said when Collingwood had the ball " a nice hole just opened up for Cox then " :eek:
That wouldn't surprise me coming from an activity where commentators use the words "fisting" and "behind" in the same sentence.

Latest posts