What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Social Forum Photography Thread

roopy

Referee
Yeah xD's are expensive...$49.95 for a 2gb. But you do have the added bonus of being able to take panoramic pics.
buying batteries will also be expensive - that thing will chew them up if you use a flash - or even if you don't.
You might be able to turn off the LCD screen and just use the viewfinder, which will save batteries.

IanG

Coach
This is one I took last night on my way to the Melbourne Comedy Festival Roadshow
Town.jpg

Serc

First Grade
Thought I'd bump this one again with a pic I took about a month ago in the countryside about 60km W of the Gold Coast:

IMG_5292.jpg

Frederick

Staff member
As far as the camera hunt goes, I'd pretty much decided on getting myself an EOS 450D twin lens kit, but I'm going to wait until after I get my tax money back so I don't feel guilty taking that much from my bank account lol

roopy

Referee
As far as the camera hunt goes, I'd pretty much decided on getting myself an EOS 450D twin lens kit, but I'm going to wait until after I get my tax money back so I don't feel guilty taking that much from my bank account lol
I notice you can get two different twin lens kits now.
Both have the 18-55 image stabilised lens - but the $1650 option comes with the 55-250mm image stabilised lens and the $1500 option comes with the 55-300mm non image stabilised lens.
For league i would go with the 55-250mm IS lens because you should be able to take pics hand held at maximum zoom (you would still need a steady hand) - while the 300mm zoom would only be good with a tripod and it would be very hard to get action shots at a decent distance without 'camera shake' (blurred pics).

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
I notice you can get two different twin lens kits now.
Both have the 18-55 image stabilised lens - but the $1650 option comes with the 55-250mm image stabilised lens and the $1500 option comes with the 55-300mm non image stabilised lens.
For league i would go with the 55-250mm IS lens because you should be able to take pics hand held at maximum zoom (you would still need a steady hand) - while the 300mm zoom would only be good with a tripod and it would be very hard to get action shots at a decent distance without 'camera shake' (blurred pics).
I've found the Jap/Euro verson (Kiss X2) for $1179 online, not including delivery
http://youshop247.com.au/store/product.php?productid=26280

Is there any difference between the Jap/Euro version and the Aus one, other than the name? Or would I be crazy not to get it this way?

roopy

Referee

Serc

First Grade
Definitely spend that little extra for the 55-250 IS Freddo - IS is worth its weight in gold especially when light is getting a little low.

Hey, has anyone got anymore weather pics? Love looking at them

Ask and you shall recieve!

Here's some pics I took during the 06/07 season:

0207ds04.jpg

0207ds07.jpg

These two were just near Merriwa - yes in the upper hunter! My favourite storm chase day ever :D

1111ds04.jpg

At my housemates parents farm near the Toowoomba range, taken with my old Canon point and shoot too!

0221ds08.jpg

In N Victoria - just E of Shepparton

Pumba

First Grade
3 Sisters:
3sisters.jpg

A shot from a lookout.
ridge.jpg

Train (Don't know what was so good about this but everyone was taken pics of it so I thought, why not)
train.jpg

roopy

Referee
A 36 class loco. I didn't know they had one running.
When i was a lad they were the normal passenger trains.
The 38 class is the real deal - the 'Newcastle flier' 3801.

Pumba

First Grade
A 36 class loco. I didn't know they had one running.
When i was a lad they were the normal passenger trains.
The 38 class is the real deal - the 'Newcastle flier' 3801.

Thanks for that info. As I said it was at Katoomba and everyone was taking pics of it so I did to.

Serc

First Grade
Lovely sunset up here yesterday...pity I was at uni as I only had my phone camera!

Photo0104_edit.jpg