What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights vs Bulldogs *** live spoilers

Frederick

Staff member
shadow grinder said:
no news on the crowd....i take it they behaved?
The dogs fans were parked on their arse for the majority of the game - hardly heard a peep out of them until the late stages of the game

Big Pete

Referee
I'd like to congratulate Knights on a wonderful performance.

Being a Brisbane fan I have a dislike for the Knights however I cannot dispute the fine form your entire team showed tonight.

Although it is early days, I hope you feel proud of your team that is representing you and hope your optimism pays off.

Well played Knights and all the best for your season.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Isn't Sherwin looking dreadful! The high risk options he keeps taking must be driving the Dogs fans up the wall. He really needs to concentrate on the simple aspects of his game for a while because he isn't 1/10th of the player he was in 2004.

And how about Tonga... Deadset that guy couldn't catch a snail in his letter box. Terrible tackling by him tonight.

aids

Bench
top stuff nukes

too bad they took their feet off the gas again.
112-54 (i might be off) isn't a fair reflection of the pat two games

bad_doggy_bad

Juniors
As a dogs fan I must admit Newcastle put on a hell of a show tonight and well done to johns n the team, as for the dogs... Folkes needs to put them back through obedience school. Better luck next week boys.. By the way does anyone know what happened to Utai, I was getting a beer one minute next thing i hear something bout broken ribs ???

forumbanner6cl.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Balmain_Boy said:
Wow. Knights are obviously a FAR bigger threat to the comp than I had thought, that's for sure. Very interesting.

I can't agree.

Yes, I'm home. LOL. Excellent game, VW played by Newcastle. 46-6 after 60-something minutes, couldn't have done better. But that last 13 minutes is a bigger problem than anyone cares to realise. The entire team morale seems to sink when Joey leaves the park and that is a very major problem to have this early in the season. With him on field they are without a doubt the hottest team in the comp at the moment, but without him, I dare chance a guess that they're the worst. We scored 16 points in 8 minutes with him and later Buderus gone, and that is major cause for concern if I was a Newcastle fan.

Well done though Knights, you won't fall out of the eight that's for certain, unless Johns goes down again. I'll chance my arm and lock them in top 4 even. To my boys, chin up and look to Canberra. 72 points is the aim ;-)

Night all.

P.S Pantherz9103, it's 118-54. But who's counting?? :lol:

jimmythehand

Juniors
newcastle played a very smart game tonight. The loss of Utai was a huge blow to the dogs because they have no depth out wide. Lose one or two players and the fill-ins are all at sea out wide. This was shown up towards the end of last year and the knights were smart enough to attack the right areas of the field. Geez they made it look easy.

Dogs have several problems:

* Sherwin is looking terrible and Holdsworth isn't the type of player that will pick up the creativity slack. Put someone more creative at 5/8 like Matiua until Sherwin gets back on track.

* Lack of pace is frightening. Patten looks slower since his injury, Tonga looks more like falling over his feet than a try line, Emilio looks a solid player but isn't fast, El Masri is great on his feet but not a speed merchant, sherwin and holdsworth no pace .... only other place you look for speed is hooker and we've got hughes and perry there.

* As mentioned before lack of depth out wide is leading to massive holes in the defence whenever a reshuffle is required.

* Lack of depth in the forwards. Andrew Ryan in particular does not seem to be having much impact. With O'Meley on the field there seemed to be no impact off the bench. Start with Armit again I reckon.

* Discipline is atrocious. Get rid of the stupid niggle, they don't even do it in a way that will frustrate the opposition and end up getting more frustrated themselves.

* We'll never win a final if Stephen Clark referees.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
jimmythehand said:
newcastle played a very smart game tonight. The loss of Utai was a huge blow to the dogs because they have no depth out wide. Lose one or two players and the fill-ins are all at sea out wide. This was shown up towards the end of last year and the knights were smart enough to attack the right areas of the field. Geez they made it look easy.

Dogs have several problems:

* Sherwin is looking terrible and Holdsworth isn't the type of player that will pick up the creativity slack. Put someone more creative at 5/8 like Matiua until Sherwin gets back on track.

* Lack of pace is frightening. Patten looks slower since his injury, Tonga looks more like falling over his feet than a try line, Emilio looks a solid player but isn't fast, El Masri is great on his feet but not a speed merchant, sherwin and holdsworth no pace .... only other place you look for speed is hooker and we've got hughes and perry there.

* As mentioned before lack of depth out wide is leading to massive holes in the defence whenever a reshuffle is required.

* Lack of depth in the forwards. Andrew Ryan in particular does not seem to be having much impact. With O'Meley on the field there seemed to be no impact off the bench. Start with Armit again I reckon.

* Discipline is atrocious. Get rid of the stupid niggle, they don't even do it in a way that will frustrate the opposition and end up getting more frustrated themselves.

* We'll never win a final if Stephen Clark referees.

Good analysis - I'm with you on pretty much all of that there.

My analysis at halftime was Clarkcastle 34 Bulldogs 6 :lol: He did start them off with some dodgy's IMO. I think Johns was a bit of a coward continually potting penalties in the opening 20 mins, but Hazem did the same last week so I can't really talk. Either way Newie took us to task in the first 60-odd minutes and thats what mattered.

TooheysNew

Coach
dodge said:
I can't agree.

Yes, I'm home. LOL. Excellent game, VW played by Newcastle. 46-6 after 60-something minutes, couldn't have done better. But that last 13 minutes is a bigger problem than anyone cares to realise. The entire team morale seems to sink when Joey leaves the park and that is a very major problem to have this early in the season. With him on field they are without a doubt the hottest team in the comp at the moment, but without him, I dare chance a guess that they're the worst. We scored 16 points in 8 minutes with him and later Buderus gone, and that is major cause for concern if I was a Newcastle fan.

12 men, no hooker, no halfback, Carney also off the field... I think you're kind of overreacting.

Rod

Bench
dodge said:
I think Johns was a bit of a coward continually potting penalties in the opening 20 mins

:lol:

That makes absolutely no sense. It was a tight game at the start of course you're gonna take the points. Cowardice has nothing to do with it, although if I may say so O'Meley's hit on Johns 10 minutes after he kicked the ball wasn't exactly a display of bravery. :roll:

Maybe Johns should've kicked for touch instead of kicking the penalties, then we would've been looking at 60-22 instead.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've actually got to give a wrap to the Dogs fans. Sure, there were a few troublesome fans, but nothing major. What really impressed me was how they stuck around. Parra fans were walking up the aisles with fifteen to go in round one, and they could have won it in that time frame - the Dogs' exodus didn't come until the siren sounded.

Oh and, dodge, you're an idiot.

Razor

Coach
I can't agree.

The Knights always do it when they have a big lead. Even when Johns is still on the field.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Having Johns off the field for a rest, Carney off injured, Smith off for a rest, and Buderus in the bin didn't help matters either...

TUFF TITAN

Juniors
:x Tonga lost us that game , back to tackling school for him.Channel 9 & anaal face Gould never STOPPED , Joeye this Joeye that it was making me puke ;()

Latest posts