What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knightsrebuild - time to do something.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Roosters are releasing Sam moa too. Exactly the kind of player we need, which means we're no chance of even offering him a contract

maybe if we can find someone within sam moa's ancestory who lived in newcastle he might then fit in to our locals only recruiting policy. If we can't, then I'm afraid he won't be coming here.

Nah, we need a local who is one of the boys pervy
:lol: :lol:

Well, it was either laugh or cry. I chose the former.

Noname36

First Grade
Not sure if Brennan would be the right option, simply due to the being a local thing. He's also probably under Gus' "you need lots of local juniors to win premierships" (bullshit) view so I feel we'd have similar issues with him as Stone/Hagan.

I think we need fresh blood.

Nuffy

Bench
Guys, we need another push on the FB and Twitter accounts, we have garnered large amounts of support without a push at the games, banners etc.

There is obviously a high level of unhappiness and perhaps some small signs that the club is listening and possibly changing but we need to keep it going if we want meaningful change.

Nuffy

Bench
Team, tomorrow I will be on the ABC with Aaron Kearney to discuss our campaign. Brian McGuigan will also be on the show to put the clubs position forward.

I intend to make the central points of our concerns but if there is anything else you want raised then feel free to let me know and I will do my best.

I think it will be around 7.15am

Let me know.

ryana87

Juniors
Team, tomorrow I will be on the ABC with Aaron Kearney to discuss our campaign. Brian McGuigan will also be on the show to put the clubs position forward.

I intend to make the central points of our concerns but if there is anything else you want raised then feel free to let me know and I will do my best.

Let me know.

Wow, that's awesome!..... I'll definitely tune in

Swarzey

Bench

Let me know.

Well f**king done! That's awesome.

I'll give it a shout on the page and get people to tune in.

Loose Cannon

Bench

Let me know.

Great work.

Setting a reminder, now.

Can you ask politely why most of the deals we have secured are likely to be filling out reserve grade for some time yet? And maybe follow with the reasoning behind not blooding said signings now, given this season is a lost cause already. Explain that we would be less concerned getting drubbed each week, if there was any glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel.

Why other clubs move players on but we are obsessed with local juniors regardless of their quality. Why this board remain quiet when there are clearly huge issues with the team. Also we want the proof of where this alleged local juniors only mandate from the fans came from. Sounds like a made up agenda to prevent questions being asked.

Last edited:

macavity

Referee
Seriously, my 2c is to talk about attitude.

From the players attitudes to the attitude of the club towards the fans (i.e. catering, match day experience, cost) - it all seems to be a case of we will just dish up any old sh*t and they will keep coming back.

It is almost sad they haven't been booed off more often - but the fact is they aren't getting booed off because people have stopped caring. It hurts too much to care when the care isn't reflected back, so people just stop.

We have reached a tipping point. For the first time ever, it is embarrassing to be a Knights fan - not because of results but because of the lack of professionalism on and off the park.

I was wearing a Knights backpack in Melbourne a few weeks ago, and a Tigers (of all teams - a week after we beat them) fan got talking to me on the tram and actually said straight up that it must be embarrassing being a Knights fan at the moment because we are such a rabble. I had to agree with him.

I know a lot of people who won't wear merch, especially in Newcastle, because it is embarrassing to be associated with such a hot mess. The feeling around town and in the stands is that it is going to get worse and we can't see how it gets better, the players don't care, our owners sure as hell don't care, and our admin are way out of their depth, undermanned and inexperienced.

Our first grade team gets openly heckled by our own crowds during games - if anyone tried that until recently they would get shushed or threatened - now they get laughs and/or agreement.

We can hack losing if we make them earn it, but the players just don't see to care, are evidently mentally weak and are out of their depth. It seems the admin is exactly the same.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
That's awesome Nuffy! Well done!

I pretty much agree with all the points everyone else is bringing up. Probably just need to make sure they understand why we're feeling this way because I get the impression nobody at the club gets it and thinks we're just whinging because of a string of losses.

Last edited:
Why aren't we looking for a quality prop?

Why aren't we looking for a quality half?

Why is our salary cap maxed out when the quality of our team is significantly poorer than the top teams?

Why isn't anybody held accountable for repeat poor performances?

Just off the top of my head..

Well f**king done! That's awesome.

I'll give it a shout on the page and get people to tune in.

Might be worth spruiking it on the mighty Knights page. I know they didn't agree with the campaign, but maybe now that it's getting air time on the radio they might get on board.

macavity

Referee
I would dearly love to see a breakdown of our top 25 contracts with the names rededacted.

I really don't understand why it isn't all above board.

All of the major american sports have their salaries publicly available so there is no skullduggery.

Oh, that is why they aren't available - so the favoured clubs can rort.

Carry on then.

Jono078

Referee
I think with the Leilua situation I would like to commend the Knights on letting him go.

He didn't want to be here and didn't put in from the sounds of it and was becoming a bit of a toxic influence among the group.

Who they get now to replace him, not necessarily a centre, but quality of player, will be a big factor in the final judgement in this decision though.

Nuffy

Bench
Okay, I will do my best, I think I will have 3-4 minutes to state my case.

Really it's a 3-4 hr discussion, just not sure how much depth we can get in that timeframe.

Tom155

Coach
I think with the Leilua situation I would like to commend the Knights on letting him go.

He didn't want to be here and didn't put in from the sounds of it and was becoming a bit of a toxic influence among the group.

Who they get now to replace him, not necessarily a centre, but quality of player, will be a big factor in the final judgement in this decision though.
agreed

this is pretty telling about his attitude imo

The breakdown in the relationship between Leilua and the club can be traced back to Stone?s public criticism of the centre in The Daily Telegraph back in February after he returned to pre-season training from the Four Nations tournament a few weeks prior badly out of shape and weighing 111kg.

At the time, Stone fired a rocket at Leilua because of his poor attitude to training and suggested he was no certainty to start the season in the NRL.

Around the same time, Leilua also had a run-in at training with senior player Beau Scott, who accused him of not putting in.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/joey-leilua-released-from-newcastle-contract-ahead-of-move-to-canberra-raiders/story-fndv33vy-1227398142473

Latest posts