What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knightsrebuild - time to do something.

A bunch of people saving their own arse. It is Burro all over again. too bad you wasted your time Nuffy. At least they are predictable. what a joke.

Whats Doing

Bench
Talk about all bluff and no substance.

I want to see the actual plans and strategies the board propose to take this club forward across all activities of the club and what performance indicators they propose to measure against.

The titans board of management has documented this for their fans and its demonstrates how they are being accountable across all of their operations including marketing, team performance, membership, coaching etc.

It is far more professional, shows vision and they are far more accountable than the knights board. The titans board are also very new and have had much more obstacles to deal with than the knights but are so much more business savvy.

Anyway, well done Jason. You did very well in such limited time

That was very well done Nuffy. Thanks!
Magic beans! lol

There's a systemic disease in this Club.It runs from the top right through the team and into supporters. It's disease that results in the team performing well in training and not translating it into the game and dropping their heads and falling apart when the tide turns on them.It's a massive negativity.
It's lack of spirit and a major negativity. Maybe part of it has to do with being a Novocastrian. We know what we have but others think lowly of us. We can prove to them otherwise by the performance on the field.
Not sure what the solution is but it is obvious that general opinions expressed have definite merit. So many fans saying much of the same thing can't be wrong.
In some respects I can understand the view about developing locals. I used to go to local league games every week. My father was a talent scout for St George. We'd see our local talent head off to Sydney and make a go of it (much like Brisbane). When the club entered the NRL we had a chance to keep our locals. We did, however, import to get a team of experienced players on the paddock to set a benchmark. We need that benchmark now. Many of those that have been brought into the team from"outside" have been accepted as "locals". We treat them as our own. Some of them at least.

Too many excuses are being made up. Seems nobody really wants to accept what was brought forward - accountability.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Sorry guys, did my best, made about 20% of the points I wanted to.

Credit to Brian for fronting up but I am not sure that they are getting the message. I don't think the supporters would take a lot of heart out of what was said.

I hope we can get a more lengthy opportunity to state our case.

Back into the trenches for us all.

You did well, dude.

The chairman sounds brain damaged. I would have lost it if i had to debate with him.....

Spot On

Coach
Don't apologise, mate. You did great given the time you had. I wonder if we might be able to get an audience with Graeme Hughes' show. Of course Newcastle probably doesn't rate as well for them, but might be afforded a bit more time, and not have to listen to a senile old man talk about things you brought up...or didn't...or maybe you did. Who knows?

Sure seemed Brian wasn't listening to anything, just reading from a prepared speech as if it was a Rick Stone press conference.

Interestingly, there have been a number of Knight's fans calling Talkin Sport in the past month, both male and female, expressing their disappointment and concerns re the club. People have definitely shifted in their opinion of the club, Stone and the players.

Hughes is a massive fan of Quayle and the board but he even commented only recently that he'd be surprised if they don't announce a new strategic direction in the next few weeks.

I think it would be worth bombarding the show with calls about the contents and concerns raised in this thread and make it ongoing.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just listened to it and the McGuigan guy just sounded uninterested, like our players.

Personally I just don't understand how difficult it would be to put your all into this job. If in my work/passion the harder I worked and the more effort I put in the more likely it would be to gain the love and adoration of thousands of people, and to put my name down in history...how much more motivation do you need?

Burns

First Grade
He actually said 'magic'. I thought you guys were joking.

Edit: And they went out for dinner! Hahaha. It would be funny if it wasn't so heart breaking.

Last edited:

Still Nutty

Juniors
Great stuff Nuffy...no apologies needed on that performance - I would think community would be asking why isn't 'Jason' the Chair based on your performance vs Brian McGuigan (sounded as though he had been sampling too much of his own wares?!

I think it concerning that his shining example of stamping a new culture in the club was to take the players, player wives, coaching staff, etc in groups of 3 or 4 out for a meal to set the scene...I don't have a problem with an engagement with people to set the scene, etc but this being presented as the board's means to change that culture epitomises what you highlighted is a significant problem in the level of comfortableness people at the club have with mediocrity as the ultimate aim.

Establishing high performing cultures and expectations is not achieved over filet mignon and a nice shiraz!

Again, as a compliment to you Nuffy, and I have a lot of time for him as a good journalist and a passionate Novacastrian, Aaron Carney will follow through on his efforts to continue the dialogue and ensure that accountability and open discussion on these matters is delivered...this is the start not the end of the process:clap::thumb

Whats Doing

Bench
He actually said 'magic'. I thought you guys were joking.

Edit: And they went out for dinner! Hahaha. It would be funny if it wasn't so heart breaking.

Not once but said it a number of times. Maybe our next coach should be Cosentino :sarcasm:

EdLondon

Juniors
I thought you were brilliant Nuffy. Said what you needed to and was passionate. McGuigan was embarrassing and didn't engage the issues with any tangible evidence of moving forward behind the scenes. Just fluff. I vote Nuffy for a board member!

perverse

Referee
Well done Nuffy, you've really got the ball rolling now. Holy shit @ the magic bit... is this bloke for real? He sounded drunk/stoned and didn't have a lot of anything to say.

The beauty of social media and the World Wide Web. You gather attention to a cause very quickly. McGuigan just goosed himself and Newcastle heard it. Might wake up some of the one eyed idiots who support the club. A look into how little regard these 'business' people have for the paying members. It seems like we will be strung along for years unless we up the pressure valve as needed. Great job all involved. Our club as much as the next persons.

Last edited:

Johns Magic

Referee
Jason you nailed it.

A lot of rambling and no actual plan in response. Showstopper you are right, McGuigan hurt himself and the board in this one.

He genuinely sounded two bottles of wine deep.

EDIT: Seems like I am echoing a few others with this post after having a read of the thread.

Tom155

Coach
anyone see billy/roopy's ramblings over at the other forum? it's absolutley laughable

a small sampling

McGuigan spoke very well.
I don't know what you wanted him to do?
Pull out a gun and shoot himself in the head for being so hopeless perhaps?

No one has magical solutions. The guys who promised magic - Tinks and Wayne - are no longer here.

The only thing guys like McGuigan can do is try their best to put things back together - or walk away and let some other fool get all the bad press, which is what i'd do if i were him. It's a completely thankless task for him.

Last edited: