What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knightsrebuild - time to do something.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Why aren't we looking for a quality prop?

Why aren't we looking for a quality half?

Why is our salary cap maxed out when the quality of our team is significantly poorer than the top teams?

Why isn't anybody held accountable for repeat poor performances?

Just off the top of my head..

Thats a questions better asked of NRL headquarters . Its a MAJOR problem with the game IMO. The Rabbits, Roosters , Bulldogs seems to recruit at will.

Knightmare

Coach
Seriously, my 2c is to talk about attitude.

From the players attitudes to the attitude of the club towards the fans (i.e. catering, match day experience, cost) - it all seems to be a case of we will just dish up any old sh*t and they will keep coming back.

It is almost sad they haven't been booed off more often - but the fact is they aren't getting booed off because people have stopped caring. It hurts too much to care when the care isn't reflected back, so people just stop.

We have reached a tipping point. For the first time ever, it is embarrassing to be a Knights fan - not because of results but because of the lack of professionalism on and off the park.

I was wearing a Knights backpack in Melbourne a few weeks ago, and a Tigers (of all teams - a week after we beat them) fan got talking to me on the tram and actually said straight up that it must be embarrassing being a Knights fan at the moment because we are such a rabble. I had to agree with him.

I know a lot of people who won't wear merch, especially in Newcastle, because it is embarrassing to be associated with such a hot mess. The feeling around town and in the stands is that it is going to get worse and we can't see how it gets better, the players don't care, our owners sure as hell don't care, and our admin are way out of their depth, undermanned and inexperienced.

Our first grade team gets openly heckled by our own crowds during games - if anyone tried that until recently they would get shushed or threatened - now they get laughs and/or agreement.

We can hack losing if we make them earn it, but the players just don't see to care, are evidently mentally weak and are out of their depth. It seems the admin is exactly the same.

Pretty much this. I remember 15 years ago when I bought my first Knights jersey, walking outside of Rebel Sport, removing the tag from the collar and slipping it over my shirt. I was beaming with pride as I stood there, in (what was then) Northern Eagles territory, advertising my loyalty to the Knights. I felt 10 feet tall with that jersey on.

These days, I'd be lucky to even wear a team scarf even if I go to the game. Being a Knights fan used to represent always believing you were a chance and getting behind the team no matter who or where you were playing. Now, wearing Knights gear feels as if you are effectively saying "I tolerate this rabble- go team!"

undertaker

Coach
Pretty much this. I remember 15 years ago when I bought my first Knights jersey, walking outside of Rebel Sport, removing the tag from the collar and slipping it over my shirt. I was beaming with pride as I stood there, in (what was then) Northern Eagles territory, advertising my loyalty to the Knights. I felt 10 feet tall with that jersey on.

These days, I'd be lucky to even wear a team scarf even if I go to the game. Being a Knights fan used to represent always believing you were a chance and getting behind the team no matter who or where you were playing. Now, wearing Knights gear feels as if you are effectively saying "I tolerate this rabble- go team!"

15 years ago......those were the days:)

Houston needs to start thinking more about his club and how it stood by him. We owe him nothing. He should go nowhere near getting captain.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
Brian mcguigan is either drunk or he's filibustering. He spoke so slow that he took up just about the whole segment with his inane ramblings. And this man is chairman of our board? Zero faith

Loose Cannon

Bench
Brian mcguigan is either drunk or he's filibustering. He spoke so slow that he took up just about the whole segment with his inane ramblings. And this man is chairman of our board? Zero faith

He is embarrassing himself with this performance. He has quoted Jason on things he hasn't said, twice.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Why is everyone in that club so patronising towards the supporters, yet give the impression to the world that they have the maturity of an eight-year-old. This whole organisation is a joke.

Time to ramp this thing up, guys.

Frederick

Staff member
That interview from mcguigan was such a train wreck. Completely ignored all the questions put to him about accountability, and rambled on and on about magic and how he takes players out to dinner.

Nuffy

Bench
Sorry guys, did my best, made about 20% of the points I wanted to.

Credit to Brian for fronting up but I am not sure that they are getting the message. I don't think the supporters would take a lot of heart out of what was said.

I hope we can get a more lengthy opportunity to state our case.

Back into the trenches for us all.

Frederick

Staff member

Credit to Brian for fronting up but I am not sure that they are getting the message. I don't think the supporters would take a lot of heart out of what was said.

Mate you put forward our main point of accountability. Not your fault that mcguigan completely ignored it. Important thing is they know we have a voice, and until they take us seriously we won't be backing down.

Loose Cannon

Bench

Don't apologise, mate. You did great given the time you had. I wonder if we might be able to get an audience with Graeme Hughes' show. Of course Newcastle probably doesn't rate as well for them, but might be afforded a bit more time, and not have to listen to a senile old man talk about things you brought up...or didn't...or maybe you did. Who knows?

Sure seemed Brian wasn't listening to anything, just reading from a prepared speech as if it was a Rick Stone press conference.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Can I hear this radio segment online at all?

Good work Nuffy for at least trying to get some points across. Hopefully the message can just get bigger, louder, and stronger.

Latest posts